Guide To Becoming Uber

Tinks_Malice

Provider
Society
Malice
Tinkerbell Malicious Delicious
So you've played Entropia for a bit now, and decide you want to be the BEST.... Maybe the best hunter, miner, crafter, or even sweater. Once the current Ubers have gained their high ranks, it discouraged many others, thinking their dreams were shattered. This guide will detail the path to surpassing even your own expectations. :wtg:

Lets start with 3 principles.

Principal 1 - Experience in the Field.

Anyone can open the auction and buy themselves skill chips. Anyone can autoclick a scanner, crafting machine, or even a pet. (against the EU EULA) Anyone can get sunglasses or a coat, maybe even some real estate, and look the part.

Lets get your hands dirty!

When you want to skill up in combat, go out there and have fun with some Mobs! Swing your Axe, Shoot your Breer, or power up your Nerveblast chip!
Look at what you're getting.... your primary combat skill, your construction skill, your support skills, and then defence, and medical. You are looking at 800% more efficiency than chipping. Im not saying chipping is bad, but its not the best way to go, on your route to Uber-ville.
With every weapon, the PED imput is relative to your skill gain. With an opalo sollomate, pushing 2 ammo burn, you will gain skills at a snail's pace. With a Justifier 2- pushing 10 ammo burn, you'll notice a siginificant increase in skill gain. Try out the new (L) weapons (they have a great SIB). So as soon as you have the right skills, move up! This is the same with your fap, and any other tool as well.

Principal 2 - Proactive Skiling.

Do you have great armor? Thats nice... Take it off! Hunt smaller mobs! There isnt any actual skill you get from putting on or wearing armor. You only decrease damage done to you. Boost your medical skills! With or without armor, you'll still gain the same ammount of evade/dodge and combat reflexes etc. skills. The decay you spend on repairing armor can go into your fap/heal chip. Do you gain good fap/mf skill when you're only getting hit for 1's and 2's? Nope. You gain medical skills as you use the fap, not as it sits in your inventory.

Principal 3 - Resourcing.

Do you use MF Chips? Thats a great profession to skill in! So lets work with ME. How high is your 'buy ME from auctioneer' skill? I bet its low ;) Go out there, and sweat! (yes, more skills) Go and get your enmatter mineing gear on, and research Force Nexus locations! Lets skill up while you gain your resources. Sure, you;'ll have some loss while you mine... but think about it- you spend 240 probes (120 PED) and get back 100 PED (tt) of Force Nexus, and sweat is gained freely... instead of buying ME at 200%, for the sweat you skilled on was free...you really spent 120% (and ofc, gained skills that would now have been there, if you bought in-town or from the Auctioneer). So you saved youself PED in the long run, and can use that on decay repairs. Want to craft with Iron? Go hunting, get some argonauts, Viola!... Iron. Now- lets use that Oil you found, while trying to hit Force Nexus....

See where this is headed? Dont just go out and buy materials, theres no skill to gain! Resource your materials, and skill up while you accumilate. Use this in my MF example, to do the same with tailoring (hunting mobs) crafting (mineing, killing minerbots) and other professions.

As with all skilling, we know its best to Specialize, Unlock, then Generalize. This still works with the above. If you are low on PED, dont re-sell! Go sweat! Do something, ANYTHING that will give you those great green messages that prove you are getting better :yay:

Happy skilling!

Of course you are right, that it gives more skills t sweat than to buy sweat... but no-one can become an ueber player today, if he spends time sweating. To become an uber today, it is only money based: buy guns you can't use properly (e.g. use a PIG as a beginner), you skill very fast and it's the only way to become an uber in 1-2 years without chipping.... I just doubt it is senseful, lol :D.

I personally recommend to buy the chips you need for a specific profession and skill the rest normal. Example: buy a few chips for longblade and melee damage skills, get a mid level armor and start from there. Anything else just takes way too much time... it might be expensive and not the best eco, but it's most fun, as you can start with trox directly and don't need to spend months on exaros and combibos.

Only one way to become uber (skill wise) today. Unfortnately.

1 Deposit over 5 milj Ped.
2 Would give you about 270 hp or so.
3 would hopefully be enoth for a uber armour and gun.
4 Would cover som bad runns in ammo.
would be enoth for a mod fap.

Simple as that =)

The skilling without armor and instead use your normal decay bill for your extra fapping is a very good idea.
I try to use it, because gaining skills while fapping is better then just repair your armor. Skills you could sell, and your armor decade is just gone.:rolleyes:

Guide to become Uber... Short Version

Route 1
Reverse Time and start playing during the beta and get some of the items that don't drop anymore

Route 2
Deposit 5 Million Ped as stated above and Chip everything and buy the best gear, Maybe an Asteroid or at least some LA's

Route 3
Sweat and Trade for the next 5 years and hope that some rich kid didn't take Route 2 (Which is a laughable thought, because this is a rich kids game. If you want to be a high roller, you need money, plain and simple. If you are not rich and are one who has a tough time not being at the top... Play another game before you are poorer than you already are.)

Only one way to become uber (skill wise) today. Unfortnately.

1 Deposit over 5 milj Ped.
2 Would give you about 270 hp or so.
3 would hopefully be enoth for a uber armour and gun.
4 Would cover som bad runns in ammo.
would be enoth for a mod fap.

Simple as that =)

You said it "simple as that":D

skilling WITH armor maybe does result in less medical skills BUT should give more offensive skills in a given time since the hunter does not have to stop shooting for fapping.

Title of this thread is wrong. Should be "Guide to stay noob forever" :laugh:

to become and uber,

step 1 find time machine
step 2 set controls to EU beta
step 3 play from there

or
step1 find gold amex
step2 raise limit via support
step3 deposit to max
step4 eat all the skills on auction (repeat as requried)
step5 spend $55k on items

or
step1 hunt 5k peds / day for 4 years
step2 check yourself into hospital for rehabilitation due to intense crippline RSI

there ... you are now uber

have the right attitude ;)
and patience :laugh:

and the most important thing (almost forgot):

HAVE FUN

to become and uber,

step 1 find time machine
step 2 set controls to EU beta
step 3 play from there

or
step1 find gold amex
step2 raise limit via support
step3 deposit to max
step4 eat all the skills on auction (repeat as requried)
step5 spend $55k on items

or
step1 hunt 5k peds / day for 4 years
step2 check yourself into hospital for rehabilitation due to intense crippline RSI

there ... you are now uber
Nice said :laugh: lol Agree with you!

And into this Ring, he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life.

just get the ring then youll be uber enought :yay:

fun but dont u need to be uber to make a uber guide :D

some unfounded assumptions i couldnt let pass:

Look at what you're getting.... your primary combat skill, your construction skill, your support skills, and then defence, and medical. You are looking at 800% more efficiency than chipping. Im not saying chipping is bad, but its not the best way to go, on your route to Uber-ville.

800% more efficient? where did you pluck that number from? in 100peds worth of ammo, i do not acrue any where near 100peds worth of skill. considering i might only get back 20% of that in loot, the skills have been quite expensive. if i break even, then the skills are for free and cheaper than chipping. but how much will i save in efficiencies if im more skilled from the beginning? its not easy to calculate any of this, and i certainly would be bold enough to put a arbitary number to it.

With or without armor, you'll still gain the same ammount of evade/dodge and combat reflexes etc. skills. The decay you spend on repairing armor can go into your fap/heal chip.

Is that a fact? if im killing Exa naked will they give me the same amount of evade as if im hunting Longu? maybe, but ive not tested it myself or seen any evidence either way. The logic of more ammo burn leads to more skills whould suggest that higher mobs or costs of hunting them would give more skill.

...Lets skill up while you gain your resources. Sure, you;'ll have some loss while you mine... but think about it- you spend 240 probes (120 PED) and get back 100 PED (tt) of Force Nexus, and sweat is gained freely... instead of buying ME at 200%, for the sweat you skilled on was free...you really spent 120% (and ofc, gained skills that would now have been there, if you bought in-town or from the Auctioneer).

first off, why do i necessarily want mining skills if im not a miner? secondly, if i knew where to mine to get 100tt of nexus from 120Ped of probes, i certainly would'nt want to waste my time with MF as im a top miner and profiting at that. the cost/losses on burning gathered resources outwieghs the profit/revenue from selling them. There are two sources for maximising Ped in this area, selling the raw materials for maximum possible and selling high end rare cronstructed items for large markup. everything inbetween is a big fat loss.

hey, there's some good advise in there though, if only the title was "how to have fun doing lots of things".

some unfounded assumptions i couldnt let pass:

800% more efficient? where did you pluck that number from? in 100peds worth of ammo, i do not acrue any where near 100peds worth of skill. considering i might only get back 20% of that in loot, the skills have been quite expensive. if i break even, then the skills are for free and cheaper than chipping. but how much will i save in efficiencies if im more skilled from the beginning? its not easy to calculate any of this, and i certainly would not be bold enough to put a arbitary number to it.

With or without armor, you'll still gain the same ammount of evade/dodge and combat reflexes etc. skills. The decay you spend on repairing armor can go into your fap/heal chip.

Is that a fact? if im killing Exa naked will they give me the same amount of evade as if im hunting Longu? maybe, but ive not tested it myself or seen any evidence either way. The logic of more ammo burn leads to more skills would suggest that higher mobs or costs of hunting them would give more general and defence skills.

...Lets skill up while you gain your resources. Sure, you;'ll have some loss while you mine... but think about it- you spend 240 probes (120 PED) and get back 100 PED (tt) of Force Nexus, and sweat is gained freely... instead of buying ME at 200%, for the sweat you skilled on was free...you really spent 120% (and ofc, gained skills that would now have been there, if you bought in-town or from the Auctioneer).

first off, why do i necessarily want mining skills if im not a miner? secondly, if i knew where to mine to get 100tt of nexus from 120Ped of probes, i certainly would'nt want to waste my time with MF as im a top miner and profiting at that. the cost/losses on burning gathered resources outwieghs the profit/revenue from selling them. There are two sources for maximising Ped in this area, selling the raw materials for maximum possible and selling high end rare cronstructed items for large markup. everything inbetween is a big fat loss.

hey, they'res some good advise in there though, if only the title was "how to have fun doing lots of things". Kygon's post is the real guide to becoming uber

When you want to skill up in combat, go out there and have fun with some Mobs! Swing your Axe, Shoot your Breer, or power up your Nerveblast chip!
Look at what you're getting....

Happy skilling!

Some mobs... thats a question of interpretation... :D
Iv been hunting pretty hard for one year and im still a f***ing fugabarba against an real uber...

Today you have to get used to be an fugabarba in this game... :mad:

If you ask me this just brings you away from being an uber...
When I started I was an uber n00b, since I never ever will become an uber I guess I just have to take my loss :(

question is - what in your eyes is uber ? person who maxed Korss H400 ?

this treader need to be called "How to do all and in same time nothing"...

and like kygon said "if u want to stay uber without chipping, then u need to hunt 5k peds day for 4 years"

Thx for the feedback so far guys :)

If i may-
800% more efficient? where did you pluck that number from?

No, not an exact science, but if you're chipping in rifle, great!, then you have Laser tech (or BLP), aim, MMS, RDA, Inflict ranged damage, evade, combat reflexes, and aviodance.... 1/8 skills you just gained, hence 800%

Is that a fact? if im killing Exa naked will they give me the same amount of evade as if im hunting Longu? maybe, but ive not tested it myself or seen any evidence either way. The logic of more ammo burn leads to more skills whould suggest that higher mobs or costs of hunting them would give more skill.

Im sorry if i wasnt clear here- what i meant was if you are killing an exa naked.... or if you kill an exa wearing full Kobold, you get the same ammount of defence skilling either way, depending on your guns' damage, ofc.

first off, why do i necessarily want mining skills if im not a miner? .

Just giving examples of how to increase your overall skills, thats all :) with ranged hunting, you get evade (melee=strength), and with mineing, you get strength... these will add up, and you can increase your HP quickly- all part of the uber package in EU!

if i knew where to mine to get 100tt of nexus from 120Ped of probes, i certainly would'nt want to waste my time with MF as im a top miner and profiting at that.

I used a good run as an example, but even at 200 peds' worth of probes, and only having 60 peds' of FN as a return, you're still doing fine on a buyers' scale :)

question is - what in your eyes is uber ? "

Hmm, good question! In my eyes, an Uber is someone who has good hp (180+) great professional standings, over 180k in skills, and is over-all admirable.... An uber is someone who we want to be better than, in everyone eyes, thers always someone they think they can surpass... either internat or external competition.

than to buy sweat... but no-one can become an ueber player today

OMG! I forgot all about that.
Please, guys... dont expect a quick trip to uber-ville... it going to take a lot of time, a lot of patience, and skill. The Ubers of today have spend PED and time to get where they are, and thers no get-uber-quick path. All i am advising, is DONT GIVE UP! Have fun, dont get overwhelmed, and keep reaching for that goal!!!

Again, thx for the feedback guys! Lets hear more :)

It only takes a bit of patience, thats it... nothing more

Everything here is done by patience or with $$. And patience = $$ in this game.

If there were no inflation raging things would be easyer, but hey - do you have to be an uber to enjoy this game. And as seen before - you can even HOF by killing snable male young - so there is no place for complaining.

I.

And my very non uber two pecs,

Just recently I have started seriously looking at chipping, why?

I have just hit 5500 lb and it is now crawling at a snails pace.

At first i thought the 50 odd lvls of lb I would get for a 250 ped chip were a complete rip off but then i thought that 250 peds repairs a kat det twice and out on the field that gets me 5 or 6 lvls of lb if I am lucky. I know you are gonna scream but what about the secondry skill gains, well after the 2 skill nerfs I have been through kinda put the brakes on those.

And as a personal side note, damn I wish I had liked the look of rifles rather than a Kat honour :)

Only needs one word to describe no matter which route you decide to take. Persistance.

soundboy

I don't want to be uber, just log in the game and have fun. As for depositing for 5m peds, that's crazy money and whoever does that must have more money than sense.

i already have an a101 for my Opalo thanks though..

:laugh:

I think the point of the original poster was that skilling is far cheaper than chipping. This really is self-evident. The price of an empty skill implant is figured into every skillpoint you chip. I have found that it costs FAR less to skill than it does to chip for that very reason. Unless you seriously mismatch armor, weapon, creature, and fap for your skill level, you still come out ahead in the long run. The same is true for both crafting and for mining, if you play reasonably economicly, skilling beats chipping by a large margin.

I do agree however that it may be nearly impossible to reach uber levels without eventually needing to chip skills. The pathetic skillgains you get for your pile of ammo moving from 5000 to 5010 may seem insurrmountable, but remember, each of those ten points is the equivillent of 100 points to a guy with only 50 skill.

You have to balance your wallet against your desire, just as any passtime.

Good post Tinker - I get the spirit of what you were saying. Like too many other threads, people seem to get their jolly's trying to pick on specifics of a thread without ever seeing the "spirit" of what is being written.

Skilling in the field is alot more fun that eating skill chips and you get the benefit of a potential HOF or even an ATH. I was lucky enough to pull 17,000 peds from a Cornoantereon which certainly helped balance my inputs of $$$ against the value of skills.

Hi,

Happy skilling!

nice post, +Rep, but I fear you're completely wrong :(

The way you describe will bring you most fun, and maybe a well rounded avatar, it may even, if you're nice, happen that ppl will know & respect you.

But it will not bring you to Uberness ... Your skills will maybe reach 6K, your main profession will maybe reach L 35, but that's it - and to reach this you will need very very long hours of heavy grinding on awful boring mobs, and a quite nice sum of money that would easily pay a nice holiday for you & partner somewhere in the sun!

At this level skilling further will become such incredibly slow and costly that you'll give up, forget your dreams about getting Uber and either decide to sell/ chip out & withdraw, or try to arrange - it can be a lot of fun not being Uber, but this would be off topic here.

Been there, done that. Exactly the way you described. Well, I had a lot of fun! Still have ;-) But Uberness is a forgotten dream now - I'm too late, and not stupid enough to throw insane amounts of money into a game.

Even if some ppl say "investment" - it's just gambling after all, we all know. An "investment" would need some sorts of security, wouldn't it? Would you really invest your hard earned money into something where it's cleary stated:
"You don't have any rights at all, all your deposit is belong to us, but maybe we'll allow you to get something back"?
Even playing roulette would be more kind of investment, because if your number falls you're entitled to receive a specified sum. Investing in EU is more like playing a game of blackjack with these nice peeps from this welfare organization known as ’Ndrangheta ...

OK, back to topic. I'll try to correct your guide:

You still want to become Uber? So let's do some analysis on your personal situation:
  1. You have wife, children, parents, relatives and friends? This is an awful source of decay and maintenance costs, and it will steal a lot of your urgently needed time - so get rid of it! But it's a possible source of funds, too, so contact this welfare organization known as ’Ndrangheta, they might have use of them - depending of look, constitution and current demand they might revenue at least some weapon skill and HP. If you wisely had choosen your wife, she might even provide a modFAP!

2. You have a nice appartement/ house? Get rid of, you don't need anymore! Get yourself some cheap cellar, only thing you need is highspeed internet with fastpath, a fridge and a microwave. This will save you enough to buy some skill chips every other month.

3. Check your job - you're doing something useful that actually provides some benefit to society? Drop it - these jobs don't pay enough! If possible, get a retraining for something like politician, spammer, lawyer, pocket thief, marketing person, "procurer", MBA, domain grabber, bank robber or similar - if you're female and good looking, there are even more possibilities!
    Don't forget: It's a long and hard way to become Uber nowadays, and you'll need every $$$ you can get your hands on! Some of the above mentioned jobs might even be able to be combined with "creative use" of welfare - depending on where you live. Try to get as much money with spoiling as little time as possible! But beware - should someone approach you telling you you'd be elected to be among the first to colonize a new found planet, with possibility to earn a vast fortune, be careful! It might be a trap!
Well, now that we have optimized your life, further proceeding should be rather easy:
  • Log in and buy yourself the needed tools: Shadow/ Angel/ Supremacy armor, IMK.II, ModFAP and what else you think you need.

• This "what else" should contain land areas, pawn shops, shopping malls etc. You'll need, Ubers are known to own some of these ...

• And, not to forget, buy all skill chips you can get your hands on and munch just enough not to vomit - this will take some time.
Gratz! You have unlocked Uber profession now!

Last thing you need to learn now is to behave like a true Uber - check this forum for examples! I'll not explain further, leaving this as an exercise to the esteemed reader ;-)

Have fun!

PS: This post might contain sarcasm. No cute little furry animals were harmed in the making. Any resemblance to real persons, living, dead or undead, or real occurrences is purely coincidental. Any numbers provided or items named should be accepted as examples or approximation values. Thank you!

get urself a nice rich rl boyfriend or girlfriend;)

Hehe, nice post Xandra ;)

Also to Swazer who has probably got the best idea yet!

But seriously, Uber has a few differant meanings these days that refer to differant "legends" in the game. We have the pre-golders (mod fap looters, could run from Argus to Troy and gain 100k skills during the trip, deposited little and loving the profits since), gold depositers (throwing huge amounts of money into the game to try and compete with the pre-golders) and we have the normal guy or gal who deposits when they can and plays as much as possible to gain a few more levels.

3 very differant kind of people!

Personally, I would suggest pick one profession and focus on that alone. Deposit what money you can without it being too much for your bank account and also a sum you can justify as "hobby/past time/spare" cash.
Chip upto a level you are happy with then just play.
If you really think about it, all these people saying skill gaining is no longer possible, getting the hump and chipping out is actually pushing you up the ladder without you doing anything..... even the pre-golders didnt have that situation :eek:
Skilling nerf or not, skill levels only matter compared to everybody elses. If the average skill level in game is say 40k total and alot of people above that chip out, leave, refuse to play but you continue to play then you are progressing at a much faster rate as your competition has a monk on and are sulking...now there is a thought.
After-all, surely MA balance the levels of return and ability to the average avatar pro standings, I dunno :scratch2: but it would be silly not to. So in other words, skill nerf or not - it makes no differance at all.
Basically, just keep playing and having a good time. You might never reach the heights of the pre-golders or the gold depositers but in actual fact - that doesnt really matter.

Back