Guide to TT Weapons

kebplay

Stalker
Keira Gypsy Croft
A guide to TT weapons.

Trade Terminal (TT) weapons are available from the blue trade terminals.
These are great beginner weapons as they give great economy at low skill levels.
They all max out (maximum hit rate and damage and economy) at Level 5 in their relative professions.
They have a fixed price that is not affected by market rates.
The guns use TT ammo which is also fixed price.
They all have Skill Increase Bonus (SIB) until maxed.
They are all repairable at a green repair terminal.
They are the base level that sets the market prices for higher level weapons.

Lets look at some stats and comments about each TT Weapon. Uses is the number of time you can fire/use a full weapon before it needs repairing. Graduation is the skill level you need to graduate in your discipleship. The main stats for comparing weapons are Damage per PEC (economy) and Damage per Sec. A lot of people will use a melee weapon and because it wears out quick they think that it is costly, but they use no ammo. The Damage per PEC stats includes the cost of ammo for the guns. All comparisons are between the TT weapons only. The stats are on maxed levels.

Castorian EnKnuckles-A
Cost: 17.00 PED
Attacks per minute: 74
Range: 3m
Ammo per Use: None
Average Damage per Second: 5.106
Average Damage per PEC: 2.718
Uses: 1082
Graduation: 1900 Powerfist
This is a powerfist and is in the Brawler profession. It’s the fastest and has average economy compared to the other TT weapons. I like this mainly for the fun factor, get a team together all with powerfists and punch a big MOB down! The main problem is it's high attack/min rate gives me a sore finger after a while.

Omegaton M2100
Cost: 2.20 PED
Attacks per minute: 44
Range: 22m
Ammo per Use: 100 Light Weapon Cell
Average Damage per Second: 2.024
Average Damage per PEC: 2.706
Uses: 10670
Graduation: 1900 Handgun
This is a Laser Handgun and is in the Laser Pistoleer and Ranged Laser Professions. It is the cheapest of the TT weapons but has below average economy and the lowest Damage per Sec. The low Damage per Sec can limit what you hunt with this gun, but it's a good finisher when the MOB only has a little health left and a bigger weapon would be overkill. I still think it’s worth skilling up in Handgun because later it is the most economical hunting profession to skill up to mid level in.

Castorian Combat EnBlade-A
Cost: 15.80 PED
Attacks per minute: 22
Range: 4m
Average Damage per Second: 5.060
Average Damage per PEC: 2.710
Uses: 301
Graduation: 1900 Longblades
This is a sword and is in the Swordsman profession. It does the most damage per use but is the slowest of the TT weapons. It has average economy and average Damage per Sec. The main problem is that it runs out quick (301 uses).

Castorian Survival EnBlade-A
Cost: 13.50 PED
Range: 3m
Average Damage per Second: 5.566
Average Damage per PEC: 2.722
Uses: 470
Graduation: 1900 Shortblades
This is a knife and is in the Knifefighter profession. It is the highest Damage per Sec TT weapon (un-amped) and above average economy. I don’t know why more people don’t use this weapon, it's great. Even if you use a gun as your main weapon it is well worth having a Survival EnBlade-A for a backup in-case you run out on ammo halfway through killing a MOB.

Sollomate Opalo
Cost: 3.80 PED
Range: 55m
Ammo per Use: 200 Medium Weapon Cells
Average Damage per Second: 4.048
Average Damage per PEC: 2.733
Uses: 18431
Graduation: 2000 Rifle
This is a laser rifle and is in the Laser Sniper and Ranged Laser professions. It is the most economical TT weapon but below average Damage per Sec. This is the most popular TT weapon mainly because of its economy but also its range makes hunting easier.

Sollomate Opalo with Omegaton A101 Energy Amp
Cost: ~80.00 PED
Range: 55m
Ammo per Use: 200 Medium Weapon Cells
Average Damage per Second: 5.566
Average Damage per PEC: 2.841
Uses: 2677
Graduation: 2000 Rifle
You can also add an Omegaton A101 Energy Amp to an Opalo to make it the best of the TT weapons. Equal top damage per sec as the Knife and the best economy. The only problem is that the A101 amp will cost you about 100 PED (at time of writing) over its TT value, but well worth it in the long run.

Happy Hunting!

Gypsy

Last edited:
Good job there, I would add though that the handgun is most usually found to be used for the kill shot, where using a bigger gun would simply waste ammo :)

+rep

I am a noob that owns all of these weapons and I use them for different things like I love killing kerbs and berys with my sword, fisting snots is a good time, poking daikiba and other pussy mobs with the knife is slick, and blasting foul's faces off with an opalo-m2100 combo is mighty fun... these are some of my regular activities

fisting snots is a good time (...) these are some of my regular activities

you do what to the snables?????

Also, you can attach a Boom CCC to the opalo instead of the A101

you do what to the snables?????

Well I certainly wasn't going to be the first to say it :silly2:

Just wait 'til he starts fisting umbras...:ahh:

Very good guide to our newbies, Gypsy!

+rep

Yes and it gives these stats:
Dam/Sec 6.072
Dam/PEC 2.770 (this is best case as it depends on the mark up you pay on the amp)
I can't give the number of uses as it's a looted (L) amp and could be any TT value to start with and can't be repaired. Good for some extra damage but I think an A101 is a better choice in the long run.

Gypsy

yes, of course the A101 is the better choice, but not everyone has the peds to buy an A101 when they need it, so it would be nice to tell people that there is another option, more damage but a bit more expensive, and it's L

Nice and helpful guide! Thanks!

I decided to test how goot the TT knife is on an Atrox young!
I took a full knife out and tracked down a solo Atrox young at Ithaca and started stabbing. After 10 mins the knife ran out, the Atrox was down to 1/4 health and I had to finish it with a gun. A couple more Atrox had spawned on me during the battle and this slowed me down a bit. It might just be possible to kill one with a TT knife with a few lucky crits but it's an awfully expensive way to do it because of the regen.
With a gun it would cost about 3 PED to kill an Atrox, with the knife it cost me 13.5 PED to kill 75% and even more on armour decay.

And it only gave me about 6 PED loot :(

gj

nice guide - this is really usefull to new ppl.

I have a few points to add tho.

First, it worth to mention that u dont have to touch the 2100 pistol in order to skill up for the better hunting pistols. If u graduate on rifle, u can easily pass the 2100 and have Skill Increase Bonus on a better pistol.

2100 is usefull as a finnisher if u hunt very small mobs with opalo, but im not sure its gonna be worth the hassle.

Second is that the melee weapons are particularly usefull for gaining health. So even if the eco of the knife is slightly less than opalo + 101, it might be better in the long run to use the knife as soon as the mob is in melee range, and get better stats that way.

This depends ofc on what u overall goal is, and how u fund ur play. For a sweating non-depositor, economy at this level is much more important than for someone who dont mind putting in 10$ when out of peds.

Aside from the health gain from melee weapon, i would stress that the opalo+101 is really the best setup by far for convenient eco hunting with tt weapons. Many ppl keep using opallos looong after graduation for low cost eco hunting when broke.

also worth a mention even if its not from tt is the CB5. Its the blp version of the opallo. This skills blp which might be interesting to some ppl for a range of reasons. Its main drawback is that it cant be amped with an unlimited amp, so it either unamped, or a new limited amp with markup every time. The gun itself is about 200% markup, but its max tt is like 4 peds, and it will last a loooong time, so that should not scare away someone from using it.

Last but not least, since this is a noob guide, u could add, with BOLD SEXY LETTERS, that the TT weapons are better than any crafted/looted non-SIB unlimited guns. Dont let the newcomers play 3months with jester D2 before they see the difference between new and old guns :D

I took a full knife out and tracked down a solo Atrox young at Ithaca and started stabbing. After 10 mins the knife ran out, the Atrox was down to 1/4 health and I had to finish it with a gun. A couple more Atrox had spawned on me during the battle and this slowed me down a bit. It might just be possible to kill one with a TT knife with a few lucky crits but it's an awfully expensive way to do it because of the regen.
With a gun it would cost about 3 PED to kill an Atrox, with the knife it cost me 13.5 PED to kill 75% and even more on armour decay.

hmmm... important lesson is: DON'T TRY TO KILL REGEN MOBS WITH TT WEAPONS:)

curious... can YOU kill a trox young with an amped opolo? I remember killing an old with a cb5 before the regen boost... seemed like a physical impossibility before this post:)

TT dagger works beautifully on argos tho, so does the TT sword...

Nice guide, I am a newcomer and I found it very useful, thank you very much

also worth a mention even if its not from tt is the CB5. Its the blp version of the opallo. This skills blp which might be interesting to some ppl for a range of reasons. Its main drawback is that it cant be amped with an unlimited amp, so it either unamped, or a new limited amp with markup every time. The gun itself is about 200% markup, but its max tt is like 4 peds, and it will last a loooong time, so that should not scare away someone from using it.

This comment about CB5 is very nice too. I am not a hunter but I like to join swunt teams for ambu youngs at Neas, and their rule is Opalo or CB5 no amp. I found that CB5 performs better than Opalo (at least for me), my level is 1 for both proffesions. This could be due that my finisher pistol is Emik S30 and I have gained a few extra BLP skills. Maybe adding Emik S30 and CB5 in your guide would be nice (as you did with A101).

Thanks
Baalat

Great informative post for the newbies. Oh, and I added a +Rep to you :)

very nice guide, thanks for taking the time to put this together!:yay:

very nice guide indeed :)

Important for evrybody

The Guide is very good writed... It is good the TT Knife and I catch come good Globals with this! The Problem with the regeneration is big today... Even to the Combibo is not more fine to hunt with the TT Knife (Loot is BAD)... but it works great by small Drones and Argonauts!... :eek:

Back