Guns + amps compatibility table

i got no mesage when i put dante on maddox...just lower damage..wasnt there supposed to be a warning that i wasnt using the amp at full strength or something ?

Nice work!

Thread moved to the proper forum. Please take the time to post new threads in the related forum or subforum, thanks!

fric said:
i got no mesage when i put dante on maddox...just lower damage..wasnt there supposed to be a warning that i wasnt using the amp at full strength or something ?

yea i was told so too by a mate that there should be a message but received no warning from overamping my mann :wise:

i reckon MA just "forgot" that warning, met enough people before the VU who didnt know about the amp change so maybe a lot still dont know by now. i doubt every newbie checks VU content, they just might think "oh nice new hud, thats the VU wowz" :)

I got the message when I equipped it, not added the amp. It was a yellow message in the chat window. That was with an Opalo and 104.

I got my warning for Maddox IV + Dante
The best match for Maddox IV now is Beast, because it does not exceed the 22 hit damage amplification which is 50% of Maddox IV potential.
I tested Maddox IV + Beast.
Not great and somewhat annoying but tolerable.
65 max hit with 71 hits/min is still pretty good.

fric said:

interesting, what's your hg skill?

I saw it when i equipped my dante on my mad IV, but I believe you have to enable the far button on the chat options...forgot what it was called.

regards,

steffel said:
yea i was told so too by a mate that there should be a message but received no warning from overamping my mann :wise:

i reckon MA just "forgot" that warning, met enough people before the VU who didnt know about the amp change so maybe a lot still dont know by now. i doubt every newbie checks VU content, they just might think "oh nice new hud, thats the VU wowz" :)

You need to enable the other chat (yellow) on the new chat system

Merlin Lancelot

good idea for the table.
+rep

Punisher M2

The Punisher M2 doesn't like 104, anybody know what amps it does?
A table with what guns won't take what amps would be very useful indeed as well.
Can I put a 103/102 on it?
Don't want to buy new amp for it and find out it is useless.

Thanks for any info.

stevel said:
A table with what guns won't take what amps would be very useful indeed as well.

Thanks for any info.

The weapons damage /2 equals the maximum damage the amplifier can have in order to be efficient.

That means that the A103 would be the most efficient amplifier to use on your weapon.

I got the warning ~10 minutes after i put the amp on my gun :laugh: i shot my last ammo in that time

I can verify the follwoing compatibilites:

Justifier MK2 - A105 (dont have 106 but I bet it would work)
Breer M2a - A102
Breer P4a - A104 (not A105 which made me somewhat sad)

I would be very curios to try Korss guns (especially 400) and new (L) BLP pistols. Has anyone tried those with BLP amps? And can also someone calculate the eco on those pls?

stevel said:

Thanks for any info.
Don't forget EyeContact's very useful Excel chart of weapon and amp compatibilty here

uppdated it with the mkII

anyone know how to make this into a chart? so data is more easy to enter / modify?

yes it is a good idea to have a list of what weapons can take what amp.
keep in mind that it is simple math to figure it off the top of your head
take base dmg of gun and divide by 2. if your gun does more than that amount, it's too strong.

the biggest problem i see with the list you have here is that it includes the amp prices. with the changes of supply and demand, the prices will and have already changed. and prices always fluctuate.
so it will either constantly need to be updated, or that part left out. just to be correct.

In case someone didn't already post this:

Full efficiency:
Korss 380 - A103
Korss 400 - A105 (Weeeeeeeeeee :laugh: )

Back