FYI: Happy anniversary to all Tamers

taming's still not back yet... How many days is it now? Maybe there should be a new post put in here every day that it's still not back or something?

Robvee pretty much does that in his thread, this one doesnt mind a bump though :)

This sure triggers nostalgia...

I still remember times when you knew which armor is which because you didnt need high end GC to display all it meshes, and when faces actually gave expression in line with your behaviour / gesticulation. And before barbyfying the avatars beyond good taste...

Ahh those were the days

I.

P.S.

Tamers really got hit hardest ...

I think the reason MA never introduced the "phase 2" of taming is because they probably couldn't think of a way to include it into the gameplay effectively.

The idea of using them as riding animals probably fell to the wayside with the introduction of vehicles. Using them for hunting and pvp will require very good balancing.

That being said I feel for all the people who spent a lot of money skilling taming. I would also be pissed if one of my professions suddenly went missing and hasn't been reimplemented for 3+ years.

I never did taming myself but I was planning on taking it up just before vu10. I even had a whip, food etc waiting in my storage when vu10 rolled out... but all that got sold along with about 10 beacons as the systems just never came back.

... hope it gets reintroduced, I would love a "pack"daikaba to follow me around and carry my ore on my mining runs;)

I think the reason MA never introduced the "phase 2" of taming is because they probably couldn't think of a way to include it into the gameplay effectively.

The idea of using them as riding animals probably fell to the wayside with the introduction of vehicles. Using them for hunting and pvp will require very good balancing.

That being said I feel for all the people who spent a lot of money skilling taming. I would also be pissed if one of my professions suddenly went missing and hasn't been reimplemented for 3+ years.

I never did taming myself but I was planning on taking it up just before vu10. I even had a whip, food etc waiting in my storage when vu10 rolled out... but all that got sold along with about 10 beacons as the systems just never came back.

... hope it gets reintroduced, I would love a "pack"daikaba to follow me around and carry my ore on my mining runs;)

Phase 2 Did I miss somehing after wasting a ton of ped and time on taming and now its NOT USEABLE. Ma had a sweet chance to do some cool stuff with taming and they Screwed us and keep promising to fix it. Its no wonder I see the doorway for this game blocked from so many people trying to get out with what they have left.

This sure triggers nostalgia...

I still remember times when you knew which armor is which because you didnt need high end GC to display all it meshes, and when faces actually gave expression in line with your behaviour / gesticulation. And before barbyfying the avatars beyond good taste...

Ahh those were the days

I.

P.S.

Tamers really got hit hardest ...

It's THIS version of the game I love, not what he have now. The random smile/chuckle the avatar would make when typing ": )" or the "Aaalriiight, yeah (thumbs up)" during trades. These little little things add so much more to the game than MA seems to imagine, and they've been lost since the update :/ I guess I've been around for too long but the feel has never been the same since the change, and I doubt it will ever be unless management changes at MA with people who know the importance of the previous entropia.

BTw, are we at the actual 3 year mark yet of being !!!!! in the ass with sandpaper condoms, anyone keeping track?

It's THIS version of the game I love, not what he have now. The random smile/chuckle the avatar would make when typing ": )" or the "Aaalriiight, yeah (thumbs up)" during trades. These little little things add so much more to the game than MA seems to imagine, and they've been lost since the update :/ I guess I've been around for too long but the feel has never been the same since the change, and I doubt it will ever be unless management changes at MA with people who know the importance of the previous entropia.

Yeah the old PA sweat camp was unique, it was fun and there was something special in the air.
The MF healer who was standing on the box says to some noob "don't be afraid to die, it's good for your soul"... This place was really sweet. This atmosphere can't be simply reconstructed, once the magic is gone it will never come back again.... But to be fair, not all things got worse. There's new magic out there, you just have to find those places. ;)

Btw, made a promise to my daiki - if it will be resurrected, i will never sell it. Instead, will take him to the ride, show the new planets and stuff! :)

I wonder if MA plans to change engine again, cause everything went so wrong since they changed to CE2... Say whatever you want, CE2 is like the worst mmo engine in the world.

Now that they have the money to do it... (or at least upgrade to CE3...)

or imagine entropia running on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linoleum_(programming_language) even though im sure many would hate it i wouldnt. its the same engine used by this game which rocks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noctis. We would even be able to play from our phones even cheap phones....:smoke:

Your post makes absolutely no sense.
(unless you just posted that only to advertise that game)

1) Every game engine uses some kind of scripting language to control the behaviour of objects.
There is absolutely no advantage in using an obscure, hardly known programming language over using well-established script languages like javascript derivates or c# flavour scripts.
All these scripting languages are 100% "cross-platform" and could be run on your phone, too.

2) The quality of the graphics is directly related to the processing power available.
Either you want your engine to look as awesome as possible OR you want your engine to consume as little processor power as possible and run on pretty much everything, including your high-end dish washer.
You cannot have both, simply because "looks good" makes use of certain features a low level gfx card does not even support.

Crytek, too, had to make that choice and we all know their decision.

3) Your definition of "game rocks" appears to be seriously flawed:
If you think a game "rocks" because it looks good and has nice, realistic graphic effects, you hardly want to play that on your phone, where the graphics will never look that good, simply because your phone lacks processing power.
If you think a game "rocks" because it has some nice gameplay elements that keep fascinating you your post is completely irrelevant - you won't need a different game engine for that.

Giving a game like EU more "depth" and better gameplay elements requires only some good ideas - which game engine you use to render these doesn't really matter.

I wonder how many real life players have died, or moved ot to playing other games that won't be back ever, over the last 1000 days that were looking forward to taming as a profession?

:rolleyes:

1?

I know of one person for sure that died since taming was removed, my best real-life friend. Tony "Mandread" Mandread.

wonder when it is back if we'll be able to tame space creatures? Maybe tame dragons and fly them in to space so that this is a possibility? Maybe it'll be better than the old system where whip is all that could be used, and they'll let other weapons help break the mob's will before the whip and taming attempts are used? If not... maybe they can add huge mega-damage whips that can be added to vtols?

wonder when it is back if we'll be able to tame space creatures? Maybe tame dragons and fly them in to space so that this is a possibility? Maybe it'll be better than the old system where whip is all that could be used, and they'll let other weapons help break the mob's will before the whip and taming attempts are used? If not... maybe they can add huge mega-damage whips that can be added to vtols?

I think whips were just fine and for the bigger mobs (if they come) team whipping should do the job.

Hi.

I just started taste taming when all is gone, only 4 or 5 little pet deed, but at the moment i have my whip and brush ready and a lot of sweetstuff and fruit ready for mix.

I hope only taming is posible in all planets.

Greetings.

wonder when it is back if we'll be able to tame space creatures? Maybe tame dragons and fly them in to space so that this is a possibility?

You're kidding, right?

You would die as would your dragon.

Or do you want MA to introduce space suits for dragons as well? :laugh:

You would die as would your dragon.

All known animals would die due to asphyxia, and i didn't even start to outline the effects of low pressure/temperature.

But then again... none of the known animals breathes fire, or is are able to fly despite it's size and despite a ridiculously low weight to wingspan ratio.

Dragons could very well be able to survive in space when they have an autonomous metabolism, don't need to breath and are immune to low pressure and extreme cold.

It's just... they can not fly in space: no air, no uplift/propulsion by the wings.

Unless he's going to use fiery farts like a rocket, he'll just helplessly float in space.

All known animals would die due to asphyxia, and i didn't even start to outline the effects of low pressure/temperature.

But then again... none of the known animals breathes fire, or is are able to fly despite it's size and despite a ridiculously low weight to wingspan ratio.

Dragons could very well be able to survive in space when they have an autonomous metabolism, don't need to breath and are immune to low pressure and extreme cold.

It's just... they can not fly in space: no air, no uplift/propulsion by the wings.

Unless he's going to use fiery farts like a rocket, he'll just helplessly float in space.

And to add to this, fire won't work either cuz it would need O2 for it to produces flames.

And to add to this, fire won't work either cuz it would need O2 for it to produces flames.

That's right for ordinary fire.

However, it's enough to have a chemical component that delivers enough O2 - then there's no need for "external" oxygen (i.e. from air). Every explosive works that way: It comes with "built-in" oxygen sources and works just fine in a vacuum.
(At least that's what i had in mind when wrinting about "fiery farts", some kind of "rocket fuel" :p )

However, it's enough to have a chemical component that delivers enough O2 - then there's no need for "external" oxygen (i.e. from air). Every explosive works that way: It comes with "built-in" oxygen sources and works just fine in a vacuum.
(At least that's what i had in mind when wrinting about "fiery farts", some kind of "rocket fuel" :p )

Alright, in that case, I see no problem riding a dragon into space :cool:

Happy anniversary... etc etc.. ;)

YOUR PETS ARE DEAD 3 YEARS NOW! STOP IT ALREADY! Time to move on! ;)

er.. *ahem*.. YEAH! :D

Some of you dream about a "compensation" from MA ... hmmm ... Will it be the same kind of compensation than for beacon (1 free beacon for each beacon we have kept 2 years in storage ...) ?

MA can do lot of compensation like this lol As they promished the free beacon and never gave it to anyone !

Let's imagine i am MA : I promish to all people who owned a pet during 1 000 days in their storage an unL Improved Mamba + unL Adjusted brush + 1 new pet per old pet you had at the day the new system is introduced ...
And 1 week later, as MA manager, i will ask support to not respond to people who ask for the promished compensation ...

Somedays i am tired of MA, i love this game, i really love it, but i have more and more the feeling that MA is the first problem of this game. I don't forget all what they do nice and good. But i accept less and less they way they care about the players.

Last edited:
Some of you dream about a "compensation" from MA ... hmmm ... Will it be the same kind of compensation than for beacon (1 free beacon for each beacon we have kept 2 years in storage ...) ?

Not for pets for the loss of profession for 3 years

Skill unlocker says

chip out pet handler 19,740 ped
chip out animal tamer 21,648 ped

now that doesnt count food and brushes

compare that to

2 beacons = 400 ped?

I think your post is a tad flawed if you think its remotely similar.

Though i definatly agree with you on who the main problem is.... MA

Not for pets for the loss of profession for 3 years

Skill unlocker says

now that doesnt count food and brushes

compare that to

2 beacons = 400 ped?

I think your post is a tad flawed if you think its remotely similar.

Though i definatly agree with you on who the main problem is.... MA

Butch i fully agree with you, just a missunderstanding ;-) I wanted to say : what will we receive as compensation, just a promish for something MA will finally never give... Thats why i said don't dream too much, if MA promish a compensation it is not sure they will even give it ... (I compared to beacon because something was promished and never given ...)

Let's dream Taming come back soon (and don't dream too much about compensation) ...

Skill unlocker says

I'll just leave this here too:

:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Taming better be good when it comes back :yup:

/MP.

Actually you don’t really need to have fire at all when it comes to propulsion.

Sir Isaac Newton's third law of physics: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is called thrust. This law is demonstrated in simple terms by releasing an inflated balloon and watching the escaping air propel the balloon in the opposite direction.

This as far as I know works in space, and I believe Thrusters are used in space satellites , If you where to put a compressed gas like air tank in space and open the valve it would move in space. The compressed gas would escape threw the value and according to Newtons third law the equal and opposite reaction would make the tank move away from the direction that the gas is escaping from.

http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blnewton.htm#third

oh and a bump for the Taming Post

Yet another reson I don't play these days; I used to Tame also :(

Last edited:
Actually you don’t really need to have fire at all when it comes to propulsion.

Yes, that's true.

This as far as I know works in space, and I believe Thrusters are used in space satellites , If you where to put a compressed gas like air tank in space and open the valve it would move in space. The compressed gas would escape threw the value and according to Newtons third law the equal and opposite reaction would make the tank move away from the direction that the gas is escaping from.

The conservation of momentum (a combination of Newton's 2nd and 3rd law of physics) either requires that you throw a whole 'nother dragon the other way to gain momentum (=huge mass), or you make up for the lack of mass (of i.e. gas) by very high speed.

Releasing a compressed gas of course works fine, but combining two i.e. gases and increase their escape velocity by a chemical (exothermic) reaction will work way better (and this way reduce the amount of gas consumed for the same gain of momentum).

I'll just leave this here too:

:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Taming better be good when it comes back :yup:

/MP.

Exactly why people should be up in arms at how MA treated tamers. If they can treat people that put this much into a game with no chance of a global or hof or reward in anticipation of stage 2 of taming only to shaft them and not even communicate with them in a decent manner then i guess MA can do it to any profession at anytime and not give a shit.

Hopefully it all turns out well for us but not looking good if MA cant even be botherd making one single comment in this thread while you know they would of looked in, not even a comment from a planet partner who's customers we are, they seem to forget we are their customers and they are MA's customers.

Back