FYI: Happy anniversary to all Tamers

Butch i fully agree with you, just a missunderstanding ;-) I wanted to say : what will we receive as compensation, just a promish for something MA will finally never give... Thats why i said don't dream too much, if MA promish a compensation it is not sure they will even give it ... (I compared to beacon because something was promished and never given ...)

Let's dream Taming come back soon (and don't dream too much about compensation) ...

OK mate i get you, but look at Max's post, thats 9000 dollars, enough to of bought a hangar at some stage i'm sure, yet hangar owners were paid while they didnt have their profession which basically wasnt even a profession and how many was there 100? probably 20 if that that actually used the hangar and plane for a business yet we had to pay them thru a tp still and they then got a privateer, unlim thruster and whatever else:)

I think people who skilled should be compnesated for sure on a scale equal to their profession levels, MA brought this on themselves it wasnt tamers who did anything but put the effort in to make taming great once stage 2 hit, but stage 2 never came so it isnt just the fact taming has been gone for 3 years totally its the years before that where stage 2 was supposedly meant to appear but didnt.

So yes i hope taming comes back but there had better be some compensation for for sure or they can stick this game as i wont give them the chance to shaft me a second time.

Compensation isnt a dream its something we deserve, hangar owners arent some special breed.

Compensation isnt a dream its something we deserve

Of course ... but i don't trust MA anymore about compensations, they lie, promish something to make people quiet and never give it !

:-(

Your post makes absolutely no sense.
(unless you just posted that only to advertise that game)

1) Every game engine uses some kind of scripting language to control the behaviour of objects.
There is absolutely no advantage in using an obscure, hardly known programming language over using well-established script languages like javascript derivates or c# flavour scripts.
All these scripting languages are 100% "cross-platform" and could be run on your phone, too.

2) The quality of the graphics is directly related to the processing power available.
Either you want your engine to look as awesome as possible OR you want your engine to consume as little processor power as possible and run on pretty much everything, including your high-end dish washer.
You cannot have both, simply because "looks good" makes use of certain features a low level gfx card does not even support.

Crytek, too, had to make that choice and we all know their decision.

3) Your definition of "game rocks" appears to be seriously flawed:
If you think a game "rocks" because it looks good and has nice, realistic graphic effects, you hardly want to play that on your phone, where the graphics will never look that good, simply because your phone lacks processing power.
If you think a game "rocks" because it has some nice gameplay elements that keep fascinating you your post is completely irrelevant - you won't need a different game engine for that.

Giving a game like EU more "depth" and better gameplay elements requires only some good ideas - which game engine you use to render these doesn't really matter.

i meant to post my other post in a different thread. whats your problem though i just made a simple comment and you insult me, you need to work on your manners i meant no offense.

Last edited:
i meant to post my other post in a different thread.

Oh, rly? The post before yours was talking about game engines... who would have guessed that you not meant to reply to that with a post trying to advocate another game engine.

It is, however, completely irrelevant what you replied to and where - the statements you made are still completely nonsensical, and my replies only addressed these statements, regardless of what context you planned to post in.

whats your problem though i just made a simple comment and you insult me, you need to work on your manners.

Please quote my post again and mark the insulting parts (those you believe you've found in there) in red.
Simply correcting a false statement may piss you off, but it is by no means insulting - you appear to mix something up there, my post didn't even address you in person.

And in general:
You are responsible for what you post.
If you post utter nonsense you should be prepared for someone making inconvenient comments.

Oh, rly? The post before yours was talking about game engines... who would have guessed that you not meant to reply to that with a post trying to advocate another game engine.

It is, however, completely irrelevant what you replied to and where - the statements you made are still completely nonsensical, and my replies only addressed these statements, regardless of what context you planned to post in.

Please quote my post again and mark the insulting parts (those you believe you've found in there) in red.
Simply correcting a false statement may piss you off, but it is by no means insulting - you appear to mix something up there, my post didn't even address you in person.

And in general:
You are responsible for what you post.
If you post utter nonsense you should be prepared for someone making inconvenient comments.

My mistake its been a week or so since i originally posted in this thread yes i did mean to post here. I took offense in the fact that you said my post made no sense and went on like as if for some reason i would rather have something else in the game then what it has now, all i said was imagine if it had that engine not that it should. And also saying that my judgement on something is flawed and irrelevant because you dont see if from my perspective i just find rude. Lets be forum friends though, after you reply i wont argue with you anymore i just wanted you to know that was not cool.

Enough with the berating. Back to the topic, please.

Thanks John this thread has gone a bit off topic.

The message is clear: MA has ignored the taming community for 3 years, many of us having committed multiple thousands of dollars and countless hours on MA's promises, and at this point are just very cidck of being lied to and stolen from from the company that is supposed to provide a service and not shamelessly steal money from its clients.

Noone from MA has had the decency or the brains to make even a single comment or lay out a plan to make this right, now may be a good time..of course you had 3 years to plan for it so I imagine the response will be fucking brilliant. We are waiting.

Thanks John this thread has gone a bit off topic.

The message is clear: MA has ignored the taming community for 3 years, many of us having committed multiple thousands of dollars and countless hours on MA's promises, and at this point are just very cidck of being lied to and stolen from from the company that is supposed to provide a service and not shamelessly steal money from its clients.

Noone from MA has had the decency or the brains to make even a single comment or lay out a plan to make this right, now may be a good time..of course you had 3 years to plan for it so I imagine the response will be fucking brilliant. We are waiting.

amen to that.

Id love to tame. I guess MA was too busy selling land deeds...

I just dont know what to say... Its all out there..., its been said, its NUTS...

MA... come on guys...

:whip:

What I cant understand is this . MA removed taming and then promised its return, community says "ok we wait"
Then months pass , then more months and no real updates news , nothing and people start to get pissed off.

Why dont they post updates on how things are coming along, screenshots , whatever so that we as a community can see that something is going on and have something to look foward to ?

This is surely better than just leaving everyone in limbo. :scratch2:

What I cant understand is this . MA removed taming and then promised its return, community says "ok we wait"
Then months pass , then more months and no real updates news , nothing and people start to get pissed off.

Why dont they post updates on how things are coming along, screenshots , whatever so that we as a community can see that something is going on and have something to look foward to ?

This is surely better than just leaving everyone in limbo. :scratch2:

Cant give updates on something you obviously aren't even working on or in the slightest bit bothered about.

We have a lovely 3rd generation gateway though and nostril hairs and pubes are coming soon in the 3rd avatar update is it? lets see, Cryengine2 was obviously avatar update 1, then we got an update to make avatars look cool and they still look fine to me but yes we are getting yet a another (3rd) avatar update... sheesh.

Come on MA treat us like actual paying customers.

Cant give updates on something you obviously aren't even working on or in the slightest bit bothered about.

We have a lovely 3rd generation gateway though and nostril hairs and pubes are coming soon in the 3rd avatar update is it? lets see, Cryengine2 was obviously avatar update 1, then we got an update to make avatars look cool and they still look fine to me but yes we are getting yet a another (3rd) avatar update... sheesh.

Come on MA treat us like actual paying customers.

Sadly Butch, you're probably not far off the mark. In the past when MA was this tight lipped about anything that had reached umpteen deadlines and passed...it eventually came out they hadn't really started. Remember the hype over VU10 and how awesome it was going to be. ....and when we logged in most of it wasn't close to being stated....let alone finished.....

Good luck to all the tamers...but wouldn't surprise me if this thread is still running for next Christmas...:rolleyes:

No taming but a trout.......eehrm:confused: mean MA we can whip us now self ???:scratch2:

Hey guys, we got a mention

Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

So, will be developed..... dare we ask when it will be implemented?

YAY! They are going to start developing Taming for the 4 year running! Thats awesome news! Can we keep this thread open until 2014 as I need to bump the anniversary of this post!:laugh:

Well, I want to believe them, they seem a little more sincere next time, and the thing that makes me actually believe them this time, is the fact that a new planet partner has requested taming. MA are perfectly willing to fuck us over, but they will not let a major client slip by, so there is a chance we may get some vindication.

Well, I want to believe them, they seem a little more sincere next time, and the thing that makes me actually believe them this time, is the fact that a new planet partner has requested taming. MA are perfectly willing to fuck us over, but they will not let a major client slip by, so there is a chance we may get some vindication.

Did one of the players that wanted taming back decide to create a planet based on taming just to get taming back?:laugh:

If you say GIRAFFE slowly over and over out load it starts to sound like your saying GULLIBLE

basically what MA are telling us.

Did one of the players that wanted taming back decide to create a planet based on taming just to get taming back?:laugh:

Got to actually wonder if that's why it's been 'missing' for so long. Some new partner comes in with an idea for a creature based planet where you can ride and tame mobs to assist you in your adventures, so they prolong the return of taming for this investor...

Sadly I guess I wasn't far off a few posts back when i doubted they had even started working on taming. :rolleyes:

It's sad how transparent MA really are.

GL tamers...hope you see it before 2014.:rolleyes:

GL tamers...hope you see it before 2014.:rolleyes:

I honestly don't think we will. What about when they released the information that taming would return in 2012?
or when taming would return the year before that?
or the year before that?

Fuck'em, they have no intentions of bringing taming that. All they want to do is keep a little hope alive that it will come back so we keep skilling up. Those jokers just sit back and laugh with every deposit we make because they are still making money off all of our false hopes that we are actually skilling up toward something they haven't even thought of bringing back yet. I'm sticking with what I am doing now and that is not depositing a fucking thing until MA makes up for all the bullshit lies and deception. My money will go to an honest company that doesnt fuck over their customers.

I really have no faith that taming will return in 2013.... MA has proven that they can't keep true to their release dates, even when thier release date is a whole year away. They are pathetic.

This situation is beyond ridiculous. I'm not a very skilled tamer, but I do have some skills in the profession. What really ticks me off is the ped that's been tied up in the nutrios all this time. This is a RCE. That means that MA has seized my money (tt value of the nutrios) and hasn't even so much as provided me interest on those seized funds. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if they were completely up front with us a month or two before they took the whole system down so that we could make whatever preparations we thought were best for us, but whatever they do, they are way beyond anything that could be considered reasonable.

MA has handled every single aspect of the situation associated with taming in literally the worst possible way. From an absolute lack of desire to communicate, to locking up cash and skills, to doing nothing for 3 years, to failing to lay out a clear plan, to not compensating the tamers...the list goes on...and on...and on...

Honestly, the thing that hurts me the most personally is that I have stopped giving a fuck...and I really was looking forward to taming developing and worked hard to get there.

Word up Kombi !

Its time to lean back and wait and see what MA has put in the goodiebag for us... compentationwise i mean...

"Many of our more patient participants"... LOL... my a..

Whip´em!

I really have no faith that taming will return in 2013.... MA has proven that they can't keep true to their release dates, even when thier release date is a whole year away. They are pathetic.

This is exactly the reason that Entropia Universe will never be a "big name" game... they don't know how to run their company professionally.

MindArk may be "successful" enough to make money for their management/employees while soaking their "customers", but I hardly see money as the sole defining characteristic of running a successful gaming platform.

Word up Kombi !

Its time to lean back and wait and see what MA has put in the goodiebag for us... compentationwise i mean...

Whip´em!

Yep, but whipping them is not the answers, the sadomasochistic fucks may enjoy it too much:)

Word up Kombi !

Whip´em!

the goddie bag if any will probbabbly be 10000k dung that our stored pets have accumulated:)

Back