Has anyone thought of this before?

ToddFoxBurgess

Guardian
Society
Mine to Extract
Todd Fox Burgess
I was thinking about how at the moment apartments and estates are not worth much much due to the fact that for many people they are mainly useless except for storage.

So... Why not turn apartments into personal teleporters where you can teleport from your owned apartment / estate to any other apartment / estate that you own? I think it would be a reasonable mod and would make apartments much more valuable.

What do you think?

The larger TP chips have that function already. you can "TP Home" with them.

The "problem" with appartments isnt that theyre useless.

It's the same thing with _every_ estate ingame.

I own an appartment on CND, but got buttfsckd when they introduced storages up there...

Would i like a nice appartment on calypso? yeah, but i would like a nice big one, and those are very rarely for sale.

Would I like a house on calypso? yeah, but they are rediculously expensive because MA/FPC hasn't released all of them yet.

Would I Like a shop or a booth on calypso? Yeah, but theyre also rediculously expensive.

Solution?

Build more malls, houses, and appartmentbuildings, and let people that DONT OWN ONE YET have a chance to buy one, something like "max 2 per customer" or whatever to make sure not only the reselling bastards get their claws on them.

Shops are very usefull if marketted right, but imho dont warrant a 20-50kped pricetag, that pricetag alone kills the usefullness.

Same with booths, 6-10k is just too much (which are the prices ive been offered).

My two pecs.

The larger TP chips have that function already. you can "TP Home" with them.

I guess those TP chips would lose value if that mod happened. You wouldn t need a TP chip.. just two apartments or more. Make it cost mind essence.

Shops are very usefull if marketted right, but imho dont warrant a 20-50kped pricetag, that pricetag alone kills the usefullness.

Same with booths, 6-10k is just too much (which are the prices ive been offered).
The 20-50k price tags are in the malls. Look elsewhere and things are a lot more affordable. Omegaton shops run around 10k or so, maybe even less if the shop owner is in a hurry to sell. Number of Item slots here in Omegaton is just about the same as in some of the smaller mall shops, but monthly fees are much lower! It just makes sense to move to the suburbs. Yes, traffic levels might not be that high all the time, but most of the time when all traffic in game is at high levels, it's high here just as it is in the malls. Besides that, out here far away from the hustle and bustle of all the resellers standing near the tps there is not nearly as much lag.

As far as the idea goes to convert them in to personal TPs, I love it. Would be awesome to have an free transport between planets if you own estates on multiple planets! :)

Last edited:
Wel I thought about it, but then I sold all my estates... ahhh too bad I cant TP from this estate to an other esates...

hmm Wel it doesnt matter, if anyone want to play like this, you can do it in SL like that... I can tell you, you will be bored of it very soon.... like less than 1 month time.

The only advantage I can see with apartment to apartment TPing would be if , for example, you owned on Calypso and CND or Rocktropia. At least that would save you transport fees - even if it used some ME. It might also encourage more people to get "off planet" if it didnt cost so much to do it, not to mention the increase in value of housing in general.

Otherwise u have tp's in all areas there are apartments so whats the point. Are you really to lazy to go down to the TP from your app?

I,m not lazy...I'm just a sucker for efficiency. :)

How about a TP pad that can only be placed on estates AND requires the mindforce TP chip/skill(s)? The advantage it gives is that it reduces the price of the TPing. Of course, you're actually paying more if you're only getting the extra estate(s) for TPing, but if you're getting them for other reasons (ex: you like to have them or you're a reseller) then it might actually be profitable or a smart dynamic. Games are all about dynamics. Boring games have too few dynamics. You have to clamor for them or developers just get lazy.

IMHO, though, the single biggest drawback of EU is its lack of creativity in the crafts. For example, I can buy an apartment, but I can't design one or pick where it will go. EU is not a paint program where you can paint anything you imagine. You're limited to what the developers allow you to do. Interior decorating is something I really like because it's an exception to the rule, but there's just not enough things in EU that're like that. Most things are developer-made and strictly tangibly beneficial in nature. I think it would be a better game if MA made money from the tools and players made money from the creations, but I think that MA is invested more in making EU something that you play as opposed to something where you create. And this is the difference between Second Life and Entropia Universe. EU is about playing, but SL is about creating.

Can there be a SL/EU hybrid?

Last edited:
I sold my apartment many years ago and right now i have no reason to ever buy one again. BUT! "IF" i could select my apartment from the list of any teleporter and go there or even better yet if i could teleport to my apartment and sit on my couch and view the auction from the lcd tv on the wall in my apartment that would be pretty cool , maybe the empty stores in the apartment building could be hooked up to the same lcd tv and i could see whats for sale? Right now all those shops are sitting empty .Theres alot that could be done but wont.

I think if we are the owner of the company, we could think to development details profitable for us.

But the company is not our. They just are doing changes necessary for its own profitability. Because changes always have costs.

In fact, Mindark never did changes if these changes have not generate profit for them. ;)

Back