Have You Tried L Weapons After Vu

madman

Prowler
Society
NBK
omar madman goolie
just wondering if you switched to L guns after the VU and how is your loot, nearly all our soc who were doing well before VU have seen our peds vanish over 2-3 days using the same hunting,

have you had same probs and did a change to L weapons help stop the rot

I don't think I will ever switch to L weapons if I can avoid it because of the markups and the hassle of sourcing them. If I loot one I will usually use it though.

i used opalo/a104 mostly pre vu, last few days i used p3/a102 , which is very similar. loots havent changed.

I've always used (L) weapons. So all quite the same to me, only had to change a104 on korss 380 to a103. Loots have been pretty usual. Btw, i've tried ep-22 recently with 20k ammo (my hg skill is ~3.7k and 2.6ha) and lost quite a lot. So, i will stick to (L) weapons for quite some time, even with markup they are more economical than non-sib ones, well, at least at my skill level.

Moonbiter

Before VU with P2/3a +a104 and opalo+104 i managed to lose only a few % or even break even in the long term.

After the VU i cant. Though for me it makes some difference using SIB-weapons or non SIB-weapons.

Opalo/P2a/P3a gives about 50% return, M2201 about 25% return. :rolleyes:
(P2a and opalo are maxed)

Oh well. shrugs.

Yep, the only challenge with L weapons and Loot, is you have to hope you will at least get some decent return on the loot to cater for the markup on the L weapons.

I have been hunting with MkII and Merc 40 lately and the loot return on those is aweful. I haven't tried the Opalo yet, with large exos, but after my losing streak since this VU, I may well give it a try and see what happens with the opalo.
My soc mate gave me a L Rifle to try out in place of the Opalo, so will have to see how that goes as well.

Other than that, loot seems to be poor for me at the moment on any hunting I have done.
Maybe we will have to give it a few more days, as always seems to be the case with new VU's, to see if the loot changes at all, but if losing lots starts to become the norm, then I will either have to change what I do or change game altogether.

yes all the small L blp guns...

but for rifle i stick to my MKII

I started using Breer more - while kicking the hardest crap out of the mobs with ep-41 or mk2 - and loot has been ok to me.

Same mod merc same nakid hunting with imp fap, 3200 ped loss after 4 days of hunting post VU. It happens :)

No matter which weapon i'm using, same old shitty loots for me whatever I use this VU. :D

On the subject of (L) weapons, i've seen all these new ltd pistols, but as of yet no rifles. I NEED something better than the m2a, because it's crap.. and I like (L). No idea why.

~Alwyn~

ive been doing generally alright with p3a + 101, and 380+103, but im usually mining, just hunting a little on the way.

Yes I have tryed the pistols but don't like them. Bad eco.

I burned throught quite a few p2as, a p1a, and most of a p3a over the weekend, and found that the lower dmg/sec and reload (on the p1a) drove me bonkers after being spoiled by my a204 amp. I did have really bad loot return but it's not the weapons. There is a difference in eco, but not that much difference!

One thing i noticed looking through the wiki and entropia tools just before the VU is that, whereas before the VU quite a few beginner setups had effective (meaning, taking into account missed shots) dmg/pec over 3.0 (often said to be the average return amount), with the amp changes they're all just under that number. I doubt that's coincidence. The eco on all the new limited amps reinforces that thought. There seems to be a convergence on a target dmg/pec with new weapons and gear.

Still, the fluctations ("dynamism") of the loot play a large role as i saw this weekend, with huge losses even with a relatively small change in eco. I think/hope it will stabilize a bit as people find new hunting setups and begin to venture back out into the field.

I actually used one of the S40's I made. It does chuff all damage (9 lol) but after a disciple rescue mission, I ended up in profit. Although partly that was due to the gay team distribution at the minute (Split the stacks MA!!)

Well i used to use the opallo/a104 combo. Now i am using the breer m2a/a102 combo and i seem to be doing the same loot wize.

Emik S30 + Bull Tac10 :)

I forgot to write down the decay BEFORE my 10 ped ammo test, so I will go have another try. They use 1 blp light cell, and do around 6 damage, so it suggests it should cost 1 pec more in decay.

According to pe-wiki.info it's economy does indeed goes as far as 3.94 including markup, making it a cool low-life killing pea-shooter.

Even though it shoots one ammo, sounds just like a Maddox I, making a multi-shot sound :girl: . Of course you do twice the damage on the Maddox, but with the same amp, your skills would need to be pretty high.

It's the best weapon to kill fugas and little birdies, maybe even snables. Birdies will run off after the second shot, but the above combo shoots rapidly blasting them before they do. The little damage ensures that you don't waste too much.

DO NOT SHOOT BIRDS WITH THIS OR ANY OTHER WEAPON, I GET BLANK NO-LOOTS FROM GIBNIBS AND OTHERS.

Skill gains from 10 PED ammo:

BLP: 154 >> 222 = 68
Handgun: 989 >> 1004 = 15
Aim: 600 >> 602 =2
IRD: 840 >> 845 = 5

Those are worth about 3-4 peds by old-school ESIs.

Vap0r said:
Same mod merc same nakid hunting with imp fap, 3200 ped loss after 4 days of hunting post VU. It happens :)

Well I cant lie, been using a MM and hunting naked and the lowest hunt this vu I only profited by 10 peds.

That’s right in spit of not really globaling or hofing much I have yet to be in the red this vu knock on wood.

see I may have went a little off topic... kinda tired today and was really replying to loots.... not much of a fan of them limited items.

I did about 50ped on Exa's Stalker and got about 3 of these. Gave a low TT one to soc member. Kept the other 2 so far. Use them as finishers. They seem ok despite the low dmg and the fire rate is OK. These will drop a lot as they get used up.

mrproper said:
Emik S30 + Bull Tac10 :)

I forgot to write down the decay BEFORE my 10 ped ammo test, so I will go have another try. They use 1 blp light cell, and do around 6 damage, so it suggests it should cost 1 pec more in decay.

According to pe-wiki.info it's economy does indeed goes as far as 3.94 including markup, making it a cool low-life killing pea-shooter.

Even though it shoots one ammo, sounds just like a Maddox I, making a multi-shot sound :girl: . Of course you do twice the damage on the Maddox, but with the same amp, your skills would need to be pretty high.

It's the best weapon to kill fugas and little birdies, maybe even snables. Birdies will run off after the second shot, but the above combo shoots rapidly blasting them before they do. The little damage ensures that you don't waste too much.

DO NOT SHOOT BIRDS WITH THIS OR ANY OTHER WEAPON, I GET BLANK NO-LOOTS FROM GIBNIBS AND OTHERS.

Skill gains from 10 PED ammo:

BLP: 154 >> 222 = 68
Handgun: 989 >> 1004 = 15
Aim: 600 >> 602 =2
IRD: 840 >> 845 = 5

Those are worth about 3-4 peds by old-school ESIs.

Back