Having more than one Ped Card a good idea?

db123189

Guardian
Does anyone else think that having more than one ped card would work better?

Its not the most needed thing, but to me I think it would help those trying to organise or budget their ped a lot more better.

Theres many scenarios in which this would come in handy and it probably doesn’t take that much work to allow people to have an extra ped card if they want. They could sell it at the tt and have a limit of maybe 2 or 3.
e.g

-A player who is a miner and a hunter will want keep their ped that they use for each profession separate.

-A player on a budget would allocate a certain amount of ped they are allowed to use each month and not get it all mixed up.

-A player who owns a shop or LA and wishes for that the ped they use for that be kept separate from ped that they play with. It’d definitely help them keep track of whether their ped amount is actually increasing or not with ped coming in and out from all sorts of directions.

That’s a thought anyway. I think it’d help me in many ways, but could just be me lol.

just split the peds in the ped card? and keep one buget in storage?
:laugh:

You can already do this to an extent by keeping different stacks of peds. You will need to get an extra storage container per stack beyond the second, as you can keep one "for free" in storage.

What would be nice would not be so much extra ped cards, but an item called "wallet", a container with some number of labelable compartments. Because extra ped cards will all still look the same, containers you can at least customize.

yep, split it out in to pec and ped stacks... then put them somewhere... maybe one stack you don't want to use now in apartment, another that you don't want to use for another thing inside of a box. In this way in MY ITEMS it's all in different containers so you might track it that way.

When I used to do consignment deals with crafters in selling blueprints I had all the bp piles for each person in a seperate box, and put some item in the box to identify it for myself as to who's stuff was who's stuff, and kept ped piles that were due as payments on the sales made, etc. inside of the different boxes... Bob might have 3 peds due, Sally might have 25... it was all broken up by which container it was in, so I used MY ITEMS and the treeview site to keep track and it worked very well doing that. Might go back to doing that sort of thing eventually, so I kept the boxes for now. I probably own more resettlement containers than most avatars in game, lol.

Yes we can take the ped out of the ped card, but that means you might loss track of it. When I say two ped cards I also mean that the amount of ped you have is also displayed on the interface of the screen instead of having to look in your inventory or storage everytime as well.

A better extension of this idea:

Allow the banks in game to actually act as banks, storing PED and providing small returns on the storage.

Ya know, get that banking license! ;)

A better extension of this idea:

Allow the banks in game to actually act as banks, storing PED and providing small returns on the storage.

Ya know, get that banking license! ;)
Calypso Land Deeds are the closest thing I suspect we'll get to seeing saving accounts in game... and at the rate of return, that may not be such a bad thing (although it would be nicer if there was in game savings where the principal was set at tt value equal to principal put in and would come back, guaranteed, instead of being based on a TT=0 item)

If you take ped off your card and put in storage, boxes or your apartment you can see it in a nice inventory list if you do an "Item" download from your account in entropiauniverse.com The ped will also carry a description of where it is stored - storage/planet, Box/item number in the list etc.

This can be useful as for some reason it doesn't give you the value of your ped card.

Back