help .. Amethera LA 19 shed

ChadGareau

Prowler
Chad Wizardo Gareau
hi everyone,

My friend and I just bought what we thought was LA 19 on Amethera, and in fact were scammed into buying just the house/shed!?!? I spoke with the new owner of the LA (GPA) who just bought it off "manu manuel man83" a little over a week ago and he mentioned that manuel wanted to sell the shed seperately. I guess now we know why!? :mad::confused:

I am asking that "manu manuel man83" contact me right away as I would like to discuss this and try to get my peds back ASAP. I hope that you are a decent person manuel!?

thank you

OMG ... I'm not feeling to good atm :(

You weren't scammed into buying the shed..

If you'd done a little more research you'd know that land areas have land area deeds, and estates have estate deeds.. And the title of the deed clearly states it's the shed, I bet manuel didn't mean to hustle anybody by listing it on auction

But all is not lost!
If you buy a shopkeeper or two and stock them with neccessities for hunters and miners (Ammo/Bombs/Probes/Mind essence) You can charge a little over TT value and make a little money since people on the LA may not want to run back to a TT.

Either way, I hope it goes well for you!

He is often seen in Twins. Look there.

BTW, i think 10k was the BO.. right?

did you really think you get a LA for 10k? :scratch2: :rolleyes:

Just keep it!

Keep it. You can sell stuff there if you have a shopkeeper. If you are in need of negotiating with some crafters or other shop owners to find some items to sell, maybe NBK Entrepreneurs can give you a hand?

You could possibly coordinate with the new LA owner in order to stock the right goods there that will go with the mobs that are stocked in that LA, or nearby LAs.... or maybe try to coodinate some events in the area that can come be beneficial to you.

He is often seen in Twins. Look there.

BTW, i think 10k was the BO.. right?

did you really think you get a LA for 10k? :scratch2: :rolleyes:

clearly a miss understanding a 10K LA ? lol

10K shed is decent enough too as it can bring you profit

I'm not sure I'd agree with this:

I bet manuel didn't mean to hustle anybody by listing it on auction

I see little other reason to sell the shed separately. The same thing has been happening for some time with the shed from OLA-3, which has changed hands a few times, only for the new owner to realise they don't have an LA and then try to fob it off on the next unsuspecting person.

But really you're 10k down because you weren't paying attention, and whatever the reason for manuel's sale, it's your own fault for buying it.

Have you asked GPA if he'd like to buy it from you? You're still going to lose out on the deal, because if he was going to spend 10k on it he would have bought it on the auction, but you might be able to salvage some PEDs that way.

Last edited:
sorry to hear,

but this has been discussed LONG BEFORE the shed was in auction, and also WHILE IT WAS.

it was clearly mentionned on the CLAIM as well that it was the shed. sorry that u fell for the trap, but it was very clear what u were buying. Dont think about manuel giving your ped back tho. nor MA.

I think ur last resort is to sell to new owner of the LandArea. BUT saddly the new owner was WELL AWARE that the SHED was in auction and he wasnt interested by the price you bought it. So you might have to sell at lost

We did think it was a good deal for 11k peds and thought that the LA wasn't hunted much which is why it was being sold for such a price. We were going to build up the DNAs and start hosting many events, which would have in turn raised the overall value of the LA. (long term goal)

This clearly didn't go that way and YES, we feel this was a scam of sorts. Who in there right mind would buy a shed and not the LA, which now forces me to question MAs way of doing things as well. Why the hell would anyone buy just a friggen shed?!?!?!

I mean this well, but please don't post if you don't have anything helpful to say. To put it lightly, we're just a little :mad::mad::mad: and really hope that the seller will step up to make things right.

Last edited:
First of all to all you guys that you think that the shed will make a profit why don't you buy it from him? ... I guess not, so stop being sarcastic and laugh when some person made a mistake.

Of course he should have payed more attention, but as Oleg said this happened before and it might happen again in the future.

Another thing is that i really don't believe that the shed is valued for 10k as manuel put it on auction. If it was 1k i would have considered it. I am sorry for what i am about to say, but my opinion is that manuel put it at this price so he could earn from someone's missfortune and unattendance.

I still think that he needs to talk with him and maybe he could get something back. Not all of the money but a part of them.

GPA

Calling him a Scammer is certainly not a good way to get your peds back.

I can understand you made a mistake.. perhaps you should have simply taken this to PM.. im sure he would have been understanding about the situation.

I dont think Manuel tried to scam anyone, he wanted 10k for his shed. If it dident sell, we'd probably see it there for 9k.

feels like a scam of sorts, not saying he is a scammer. I am at a loss for words here :mad::confused:

I do want to be careful with what I say as I just want my peds back

First of all to all you guys that you think that the shed will make a profit why don't you buy it from him? ... I guess not, so stop being sarcastic and laugh when some person made a mistake.

Of course he should have payed more attention, but as Oleg said this happened before and it might happen again in the future.

Another thing is that i really don't believe that the shed is valued for 10k as manuel put it on auction. If it was 1k i would have considered it. I am sorry for what i am about to say, but my opinion is that manuel put it at this price so he could earn from someone's missfortune and unattendance.

I still think that he needs to talk with him and maybe he could get something back. Not all of the money but a part of them.

GPA

thank you GPA ... I do appreciate your support here. This is a HUGE mistake and I blame myself and MA for allowing it to even happen. If I could get most of my ped back, I guess that's better then nothing?!

GPA

That's my understanding of it too. I saw the shed listed in auction it went through 7 days without anyone bidding (not surprisingly considering such a high price for a shed). Then it was listed again. I thought it was a tragedy waiting to happen...guess it did happen.

hmm..

This clearly didn't go that way and YES, we feel this was a scam of sorts. Who in there right mind would buy a shed and not the LA, which now forces me to question MAs way of doing things as well. Why the hell would anyone buy just a friggen shed?!?!?!

Actually, I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often. Every Estate terminal has a deed... so the banks have a deed for the pole outside the bank near the tps, a deed for the bank itself, and a deed for the shop attached to the bank... If one of the banks try to sell their shop on auction, be darn sure that you get the bank deed too! At least with this incident, you can access the shed anytime. If you had the shop in the bank, if the bank owner forgot to pay maint. fees you'd have zero access to your shop!

At least you can get to your estate and put a shopkeeper or several shopkeepers there. It's in a place far enough away from the main TPs that there may be a market out there if you stock it with the right things.

Manuel maybe a nice guy and give you the peds back....

but then again its not exactly an easy mistake... You can't blame MA for this one bit (imo)... the auction system has a few fail safes like full name listing (estate deed land area deed info been brought up), confirmation screens, clickable arrows to select BO if u wish..... none of it can be done without thinking about it guys.

From the last few weeks I seem to remember a number of LA sales.... which clearly has a much higher price than 10k (apart from ND's sale which started at 1....... but easy to find out what it went for).

I apologise if this sounds a bit harsh... but there's not much more MA could do..... yes it may be questionable that the shed is seperate from the LA... but if used properly its a very god way of doing it..... an LA owner could be an investor or whatever who hardly comes on except to fertilize it up.... where as he could leave the running of the shed to someone else withou risking loosing everything.... keeping ppl in ammo and bombs on the LA is in the owners interest... but is also another business option (10k's worth of a business I'm not sure)

GL with an end result all the same mate. hope it goes well

Rip

At this point, we would like to try to get our ped back ... or as much as the seller is willing if at all. I just sent a pm to "manuel" here on EF, I hope it is the same person that sold the house on LA19.

That shed will always have a resale value.. Probably not what you paid for it but more than 0 PEDs..

If you stacked it with stacks of 100PED worth of ammo/bombs/probes etc, and charged 101% for them, you could probably make at least 1PED a day.. That's better than nothing

If the land was hunted enough, you could make more PED per day.. Per week.. Per month etc

Just edited my previous post because it's the shed from OLA-3, not OLA-1, that appears now and then in auction.

I just wanted to highlight my error as I don't want to incriminate the owner or OLA-1, who has his own shed and is not part of this :)

You can't blame MA for this one bit

I 100% disagree, here's why:

1- it is MAs fault for allowing the shed to be sold seperately from the LA to begin with

2- it is MAs fault for leaving the text on the deed the way that it is. which says Estate Deed. The location is on the LA :mad:

3- it is MAs fault for not making it clearer to everyone; perhaps with seperate categories in auction?!

measure twice.... cut once.

lets clarify:

you didnt fall for a scam, you bought something from the auction.

you didnt get tricked, you just didnt research or ask around. One post here before you bought it would have cleared this up in a few minutes. One shout out to those standing around Twin would have also shed light on what you were purchasing.

its a bummer... but its not a mistake that happens every week.

and, frankly, a LA for 10k? really?

A quite serious mistake, but often a lot things in the game are not so clearly describted. A deadly combination with all-trades-are-final

Maybe things will change in the future.

I hope you can get your peds back :)

Good luck Mister !

And shame on those who flame this man, it is horrible to see people does it.

We did think it was a good deal for 11k peds and thought that the LA wasn't hunted much which is why it was being sold for such a price. We were going to build up the DNAs and start hosting many events, which would have in turn raised the overall value of the LA. (long term goal)

I mean this well, but please don't post if you don't have anything helpful to say. To put it lightly, we're just a little :mad::mad::mad: and really hope that the seller will step up to make things right.

Scam?

You scammed yourself really. 11k for a LA? Comeon, IMHO everyone (well not everyone before that auc) knows that lands are expensive and the worst ones are at least 10 times the price you paid.

Reminder: people, before getting into serious business READ and THINK before you do something...

measure twice.... cut once.

lets clarify:

you didnt fall for a scam, you bought something from the auction.

you didnt get tricked, you just didnt research or ask around. One post here before you bought it would have cleared this up in a few minutes. One shout out to those standing around Twin would have also shed light on what you were purchasing.

its a bummer... but its not a mistake that happens every week.

and, frankly, a LA for 10k? really?

Yes really .. why else would we buy the LA. Frankly, why ask the question when I posted the reasons already?! C'mon are you just looking for ways to rub it in?

MA could easily fix this by changing the info text on the shed deeds. But since they never fix anything that doesn't cost them money, they don't care.

So yes, a part of this is MA's fault. You can't expect people to read unofficial forums to figure out how everything works.

I 100% disagree, here's why:

1- it is MAs fault for allowing the shed to be sold seperately from the LA to begin with

2- it is MAs fault for leaving the text on the deed the way that it is. which says Estate Deed. The location is on the LA :mad:

3- it is MAs fault for not making it clearer to everyone; perhaps with seperate categories in auction?!

I described why (at least imo) MA's not at fault... as I said, its a sad mistake but theres noone else to blame :(

1- Sheds can and in many cases are usefull to other LA owners this way

2- Text in no way says Land area... it says shed at the end....which kind of denotes your buying "a shed"

3- agreed - There should be seperate categories in auction, this would make it clearer.... but the information was still there to be found :(

And shame on those who flame this man, it is horrible to see people does it.

just to make it clear.... I'm not flaming... I just don't agree with ppl blaming others :)

I never blamed the alcohol or seller when I bought needless items in the past :p

Yes really .. why else would we buy the LA. Frankly, why ask the question when I posted the reasons already?! C'mon are you just looking for ways to rub it in?

1- dont call people scammers when you just dont know what you are doing in this "game"

2- my reaction of "really" is the same reaction anyone who has played this game for more than a few months should have.

3- If you are asking for a FAVOR from the seller, do it the right way:

-start a new post
-say you accidently purchased something without knowing what it was
-ask if you and the seller can work out a deal via PM

(best advice would be to hold off on the word "scam" and focus more on wording closer to "mistake" and "accident")

GL

Back