Help please!

Congadawg

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Hamilton Congadawg Shears
I've tried to reinstall the game 3 times now. I"ve deleted EU from everywhere I can find files. Can someone provide a list of file paths that I should delete or provide some clues as to what I should do. Every time I login after reinstall I get a message IN EU saying "couldn't log you on because client is missing/or have corrupt data".... sometime to that effect anyways. Please help!

Have you deleted EU or uninstalled it?

yep.. even went back and uninstalled it a second time, manually removing the folders on the C drive. wondering if I'm missing a location.

Great, I thought Im fine re-downloading the game...will test tomorrow -_-

try running regedit in START / RUN and goto EDIT / FIND and search for

entropia

and delete anything with it in press F3 to search for teh next thing and delete delete delete.

ONLY ENTROPIA RELATED THOUGH.

gl

I've tried to reinstall the game 3 times now. I"ve deleted EU from everywhere I can find files. Can someone provide a list of file paths that I should delete or provide some clues as to what I should do. Every time I login after reinstall I get a message IN EU saying "couldn't log you on because client is missing/or have corrupt data".... sometime to that effect anyways. Please help!
First try to check new feature (not sure how it works, since all fine for me):
Client Loader -> File -> Validate Installation.

Now about your question...
Folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Temp\entropia
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\My Documents\Entropia Universe (your chat logs here, make back-up, before delete them)
Files:
C:\WINDOWS\Entropia Universe Patch Log.txt
C:\WINDOWS\Entropia Universe Setup Log.txt
C:\WINDOWS\Entropia Universe Uninstall Log.txt
C:\WINDOWS\entropia_updater.log

That's all, what i could remind (paths could vary, depend on your OS).

P.S. Are you sure, what your installer not damaged? If you use "entropia_universe_10.3.0.35944_setup.exe" check it MD5 or SHA1 hash (i posted it in torrent thread about it).

First try to check new feature (not sure how it works, since all fine for me):
Client Loader -> File -> Validate Installation.

Now about your question...
Folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Temp\entropia
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\My Documents\Entropia Universe (your chat logs here, make back-up, before delete them)
Files:
C:\WINDOWS\Entropia Universe Patch Log.txt
C:\WINDOWS\Entropia Universe Setup Log.txt
C:\WINDOWS\Entropia Universe Uninstall Log.txt
C:\WINDOWS\entropia_updater.log

That's all, what i could remind (paths could vary, depend on your OS).

P.S. Are you sure, what your installer not damaged? If you use "entropia_universe_10.3.0.35944_setup.exe" check it MD5 or SHA1 hash (i posted it in torrent thread about it).

I downloaded a different installer just to make sure and still had the same problem. So just to make sure, I need to delete everything you posted?

Might pay to delete your registry entries too... iirc you will find them at;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>MINDARK

I downloaded a different installer just to make sure and still had the same problem. So just to make sure, I need to delete everything you posted?
If nothing else help - try (but better make back-up of all files, you deleted).

And what Client Loader -> File -> Validate Installation tell you?

I"ve done everything as suggested, deleted all the files, cleaned out the registry, tried different installers...... still the same error message. Missing or corrupt client data..... What a pain in the ass!!!

I"ve done everything as suggested, deleted all the files, cleaned out the registry, tried different installers...... still the same error message. Missing or corrupt client data..... What a pain in the ass!!!

Wipe the computer. Haha I am really kidding, but it may be the only way.

Wipe the computer. Haha I am really kidding, but it may be the only way.

lol im starting to think so, because apparently there is something im missing here. I work on damn computers for a living... this is ridiculous.

yep.. even went back and uninstalled it a second time, manually removing the folders on the C drive. wondering if I'm missing a location.

Make sure you install to Program files and not C:/ the stupid game only looks in the program files and nowhere else, save you getting the NO SOFTWARE FOUND pain in the but messages:rolleyes:
but if this helps i got support answer from MA

Hi,
Thank you for your report. Occasionally you get the error message "Sofware not found" when patching, this may occur if you select a diferent installation path or move the installation folder from the default.
This could be fixed if you download a repair installer from:
http://download.entropiauniverse.com/clientloader_update.exe
You should get a question where the installation is, please select the folder where the Entropia Universe is installed.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
We wish you Happy Holidays
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support
GL

That sucks :(

I re-downloaded the (entropia_universe_10.6.2.39119_setup.exe) 3GB and just un-installed Entropia via its own un-installer.

Installed the setup and no errors anymore. I can even log in ! O_O

That sucks :(

I re-downloaded the (entropia_universe_10.6.2.39119_setup.exe) 3GB and just un-installed Entropia via its own un-installer.

Installed the setup and no errors anymore. I can even log in ! O_O

I'll give it another go, but I got a support case in. Anxious to see what the gurus have to say about their wonderful product. You should make a movie about it lol.

Where is download location for entire client? All I can find is updater that does not work.

Out of EU for days now. MA really screwed up this time. I have Win XP Pro 64 bit version, maybe this is the problem.

Make sure you install to Program files and not C:/ the stupid game only looks in the program files and nowhere else, save you getting the NO SOFTWARE FOUND pain in the but messages:rolleyes:
My installation is far away from "Program Files" and from disk "C:" too.
And installer don't have any problems at all.

I was getting error "NO SOFTWARE FOUND" when run updater, if I run it not from Entropia folder. But all works fine, when i move it to Entropia folder (where that folder located - doesn't matter).

Problem solved, I'm in the game, thanks to full download.

1. Remove old version including registry and temp files and all game files manually if needed, leave no trace of EU on your machine (many other threads describing how)
2. Download full 3gb installation package (like above by McCormik, thanks again dude)
3. Install

I wish you all luck.

It worked! Woot! I had to delete the client data folder because somehow uninstall was leaving it, and the updater wasn't overwriting older files, but im IN! Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

:yay:

this trick also worked for me!

Thank's Everyone, and Happy Ho Day ;)

Back