Hi, I'm new new like 1 hour . Ummm Lost

I thought the peds went into having fun? Isn't that why people hunt and stuff?

In the beginning, up to year 2005 or so, it was possible to loot useful/fun repairable items. At year 2005, they stopped to drop silently, but MA still said "everything drops" (what they didn't say, was that items only drop if someone TT:s an old one). After that, it was possible to loot certain mid/low-level items, but it slowly dried out; I guess we all remembered when the a101 amps started to go high (before that, some smart guy fooleed beginners that a104 was "rare" while it still dropped, so most of us didn't realize it in time). "Junk" weapons like FranD Alpha regularily dropped from argonauts, for instance but at some that stopped. (It's still possible to loot fap-5/15/18 and such though.)

Then, some year ago, the loot system was changed. Before the change, a bad hunt was considered bad when you got 80% back - after the change, mobs like feffs (at the time having normal regeneration) started to drop HOFs like 10k PEDs - but more "no loots" came with it. As MA said, the total loot wasn't changed, just the distribution of it. Because of this change, the "loot swings" became bad, since it's now possible to get runs where you get less than half back. Because of this, as someone else stated in another post, to hunt a mob like argonaut you should have at least 2000 ped on your card to cover the "swings", and afford to stay floating waiting for next HOF to fill it up - if you "deposit as you go" you have to stay depositing to cover the bad runs.

After the "old" items stopped to dropp, MA was step by step replacing them with (L) items. For old players with high end weapons and tons of skills, this didn't mean any change - they could keep on hunting as they done before. For them, higher end (L) weapons was good for certain occasions - they can use slightly better/faster weapons for things like pk/pvp - but for hunting, they can rely on their mod merc and shadow armor, they don't have to go into the (L) area normally.

For beginners it wasn't any bigger change - they can still get entry level weapons (repairable) in trade terminal (but the problem for a low level player who supports himself by sweating is when he's about to leave opalo and realizes that next level weapon is 20-40 ped, which is very tough to get by sweating alone).

For mid level players, it's sort of split: If you want to hunt economically, you can use weapons like P5 and Korss 400 (handguns) under your skill level. If you want to use weapons at your skill level, like LR-65 and HL-14, since they're (L) you have to pay basically double markup and they also decay rather fast. (Higher level players don't bother, because for them a carbine like LR-65 is a pk toy and nothing to really use for hunting.) There is a commonly used BLP rifle, the "apis" - but to use it economically you should have a repairalbe "dante" amplifier, an item only one player ingame has the blueprint for, and for which materials rarely drop - this unfortunately makes the "dante" amp into something "resellers" thrive on. (There are (L) amplifiers for Apis also, but they typically cost ~200%.) Basically as a mid level player, you have to chose between "grinding" (using economic weapons below your level), and fun hunts paying 175% for a weapon where you spend 150 ped TT in decay.

Also, after the old items practically stopped to drop, this made the price rush in some areas; for instance in mindforce where wormhole chip has gone up from ~1k ped to 10k ped and resurrection chip from 3k ped (compare with the old "revival terminal") to 35k ped, and long range huntign rifles like ml35 which gone up from 3.5k ped to 27k ped (they have gone down a bit though).

From a mid-level player's point of view, it feels unfair that the current ubers looted items like adj fap, shadow and so on from mid-level creatures at their time, but now those items has moved with them, so instead of adj fap from ambulimax last drops were from eomon stalkers. Other examples are Gauss rifles changed (silently) from 23 ped Beacon missions to Mulmun Elites, mod merc from gokibusagi/feff to spider stalker, imp fap from molisk to spider stalker (not confirmed) and in some cases item is still on same mob but higher maturiy (Foreripper from Atrax Young moved to Atrax Stalker). The best a typicla mid level hunter can hope looting is a decent (L) weapon that will last for a week or so at most. (There are repairable new weapons, but they seem to for 50% of the cases go to ubers/spouses of ubers).

Right now I hope to loot somethign nice during SGA, but with 1200 items and maybe 35000 active players, the chance isn't overwhelming; say that of those 80% of the items would be "fun collector's item but nothign I would really hunt for" (for instance a single piece of Shogun SGA armor). Getting a piece of repairable martial SGA is also fun, but not that useful in the long run for me since it's only one piece and I'd need 6 more pieces to get a reliable protection (at martial level at least). Knowing loot distribution is as it ususally is, eg letting someone get 2 FAP-69 SGA (good because of eco) in same run, I think I'll mainly hunt what I usually hunt and some random mobs hoping for a miracle.

Last edited:
If you can´t spare $100 usd a day, you´re too poor to play the game.

This isnt true, its proven that you can play for $15 a month, once sweating is back it will be the same. Just Search $15 a month experiment on the forum.

20k peds in 2 years lost...a fallacy.

20k peds spent ingame over 2.5 years would produce skills and inventory with items in it. All can be sold and cashed out....so that's the 20k loss dealt with.

Even if it WAS 20k lost over 2 years (rounding it way down to 100 weeks) ..that would be 2k dollars...20 dollars a week on a hobby. Hardly a major rip off given the time spent ingame and the previous point that some accumulated skills etc can be sold to offset that amount. It's like me saying the local chinese takeaway robbed me because I spent 10 quid a week there and have nothing to show for it after 2 years...that's the kind of money you are talking about here.

If you're going to criticise and try to scare new guys off ...FFS leave the sour grapes at home and at least be realistic and honest?

To the OP...some people lose BIG in EU...very big indeed. 20k is actually nothing to them, but most of those people craft items in a way that they hope will produce a massive gain ...in essence a huge gamble which pays off or kills the ped card.

Chasing those huge gains is tempting but something to be careful about, sensible guys play smart and economically or simply for fun...only whining about the things they didn't cause (like bugs ingame).

t

unfortunately not all newbies arrive in Port Atlantis, several arrive at treasure island castle

there tend to be a guide around or two often as well though, as we have reacted to that
TI also seems like the spawning point when some other server dcs everyone :D

Ti isnt too suitable for newcomers, but can't do much, best you try to tp to port atlantis or so

rest of the advice i could give was pretty much given already, so i leave it with this comment :)

I'm still noob update

Thanks for all the info guys. Seems like i can't contact anyone in game unless they are next to me or in my society. And well cough cough I'm not in one.
So looking for a society. Also can i loot a dead creature I find, i mean is there like a timer on it. Seems like if all else else fails you can create a toon and just be in a virtual world and you really dont have to play or pay to hang out and socialize. I dont think I never make a regular profit in this game by hunting seems like only way to make profit on regular basis is if i have uper crafting skills and buy materials im guessing and trades on materials have good buy times.

:topic:

Lets get this guy rescued first ! ;)

Looking for a society for nubs. Also can I loot a dead creature i didnt kill its blue is there a timer on it and i cant contact anyone in game unless they are next to me.

Looking for a society for nubs. Also can I loot a dead creature i didnt kill its blue is there a timer on it and i cant contact anyone in game unless they are next to me.

No you cannot loot a mob you did not kill. Nor can you loot a mob that you killed halfway and the turret did the rest or it drowned.

after you kill a mob you have a 2 minute window to loot it.

And yes, there is no possibility to add to friendslist unless you meet them first, unless they are in your society (then you can add them from the society terminal.)
However just write down the coordinates (press P for Position) here in this thread and Calypso Rescue Team will come get you Im sure :) If not, I will.

Edit: The game is avalible in Windowed mode if you're currently logging on and off to check the forum. You can change this ingame in Options (press O).

If you can´t spare $100 usd a day, you´re too poor to play the game.

700 USD a week eh? That's the average net income for many many people ..in fact quite a good income.

Totally unrealistic bullshit. Why say that when you know it's untrue?

t

No you cannot loot a mob you did not kill. Nor can you loot a mob that you killed halfway and the turret did the rest or it drowned.

after you kill a mob you have a 2 minute window to loot it.

And yes, there is no possibility to add to friendslist unless you meet them first, unless they are in your society (then you can add them from the society terminal.)
However just write down the coordinates (press P for Position) here in this thread and Calypso Rescue Team will come get you Im sure :) If not, I will.

:yay: hey skam, i'll add you to the Friends of CRT list!

:topic:

Lets get this guy rescued first ! ;)

Well true, but he says he dies no matter which direction he goes so that is mobs he could take screenies of so when he does get rescued he can post the pics and collect his starter kit sooner?

Better than him just doing nothing while waiting I thought

Check out Rising Potential. Great little soc for the new guy, kind of based around getting the new guy started and teaching them the basics. Quite a few skilled players in the soc to give you tips to help you.

I suggest contract Alice here on EF or through a society terminal in game.

will try that society . cant figure out my xy cords if i move my mouse on that map cords change guessing i put my mouse on the big blue dot thinking thats me and my cords donno im at port atlantis screen name Zev Vlade Aries.
ill try the society port.

will try that society . cant figure out my xy cords if i move my mouse on that map cords change guessing i put my mouse on the big blue dot thinking thats me and my cords donno im at port atlantis screen name Zev Vlade Aries.
ill try the society port.

press P
that will give you your xy coords.

press P
that will give you your xy coords.

They appear in chat...make sure that's open ;)

What do the mobs that kill you look like..that may help if you're at a revive on TI ?

If you can see water, head for it and swim ...mobs can't swim and die..until fishes are brought back anyway. Swimming is the easy way to travel safely.

t

Valkon first of all welcome to EU and the forum here. You have found one of the greatest assets to payers already. As you can see there are many great helpful people around willing to help. EU is a long term game that takes patience above all. And to add to all these posts everyone of them is true. Or can be. See the game is what you make it and the budget is all up to what you can afford balanced against what you want to do. Some have played for free for years with no deposist and even newer players can again with patience and time invested. And yet others insist on depositing big money in hopes of hitting it big which can waste alot of $ as you can see here so far. It`s up to you to find your way and the good apples in the community and a good society can help you find that balance and your place in EU.

Get "rescued" first. Meet friends as they are another of the most important aspects in game. And if you don`t want to deposit just yet or at all start gathering teleporters and exploring. Get used to the controls.

My advice besides patience being number one is again friends and finding a good society. And do not treat this game as an investment, your 401k or retirement plan or any other money making venture. Sure it is possible but it takes a combination of discipline, skill and luck. Whatever you do you gain skills and they have value. When you do make profit try to reinvest in your avatar when possible and always leave some back to continue hunting, mining or whatever you choose to do. Crafting can be a big drain when you have no skills. Hunting especially unwisely can cost you dearly. Have restraint and don`t aim for the top too fast. Be happy at your level at all times and the progress will be a bonus. Good luck and hope to see you around and succeeding soon!

700 USD a week eh? That's the average net income for many many people ..in fact quite a good income.

Totally unrealistic bullshit. Why say that when you know it's untrue?

t

I loose more than 100$ usd a day. I know people who do the same.

no matter where I go I die had to make a new guy just to talk to someone

If you've made more than one character I suggest you contact support and go clean and get one deleted. Creating more than one character in this game is a major violation and will cause you major problems later in the game. If you gave incorrect details when you signed up that will also cause you major headaches in the future.

So my advice would be to sort out the house keeping first. One character with correct details and your ready to start.

The rest you seem to be doing right i.e. join a society...

Calypso Rescue Team will do some extra patrolling on Treasure Island. Now that we are aware of that new players spawns there.

Regards Coach

Thats easy possible, it is also possible to play 4 years from 100$ or without depo at all. I don't get how your posts are helpfull in this particular thread.

20k peds in 2 years lost...a fallacy.

20k peds spent ingame over 2.5 years would produce skills and inventory with items in it. All can be sold and cashed out....so that's the 20k loss dealt with.

Even if it WAS 20k lost over 2 years (rounding it way down to 100 weeks) ..that would be 2k dollars...20 dollars a week on a hobby. Hardly a major rip off given the time spent ingame and the previous point that some accumulated skills etc can be sold to offset that amount. It's like me saying the local chinese takeaway robbed me because I spent 10 quid a week there and have nothing to show for it after 2 years...that's the kind of money you are talking about here.

If you're going to criticise and try to scare new guys off ...FFS leave the sour grapes at home and at least be realistic and honest?

To the OP...some people lose BIG in EU...very big indeed. 20k is actually nothing to them, but most of those people craft items in a way that they hope will produce a massive gain ...in essence a huge gamble which pays off or kills the ped card.

Chasing those huge gains is tempting but something to be careful about, sensible guys play smart and economically or simply for fun...only whining about the things they didn't cause (like bugs ingame).

t

LOL my friend you need to learn, that not all avatars are loved by MA, if you don't loose anything or if you're losses are less than 20€ per week in this game then CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!!!:yay:

reality is other 1000 players beside from you loose a lot more than 20€ per week, and for your information, 20k ped lost in 2.5 years didn't really seem alot of losses at that moment but then...you think about a car you could own with that money and reality hits you...

for your information 20kpeds isnt the total deposited - ITS THE LOSS. If you sell your skills and re-use the money and loose it again and repeat the process 4 times, here's your 20k ped LOSS ;)

once again gratz for being flagged under "profit" in MA's database ;)

Last edited:
Calypso Rescue Team will do some extra patrolling on Treasure Island. Now that we are aware of that new players spawns there.

Regards Coach

Near as I can tell noobs are only spawning at TI when the PA server is down.

Also, for the OP, it's been linked a couple of times but it can't be said how valuable Alice's Guide is to a new player. I read it front to back one evening last week and there were dozens of things I learned.

http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/planet_calypso_guide.pdf

Also, not sure if somebody else has made this link yet but here are some good video guides as well.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...pia-universe-video-guides-january-2007-a.html

Both resources are from before VU 10 so are a little outdated but still should be mandatory for any noob looking to learn a lot about the game in a short amount of time.

Also, check the events section of these forums to see some of the things going on for new players and things to do that don't cost money.

That's impressive. I don't know anyone who can lose that much in a day. Nor do I know anyone that would keep doing it if they were indeed losing that much a day.

I do know that if you lie, just about anything is possible.

LOL my friend you need to learn, that not all avatars are loved by MA, if you don't loose anything or if you're losses are less than 20€ per week in this game then CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!!!:yay:

reality is other 1000 players beside from you loose a lot more than 20€ per week, and for your information, 20k ped lost in 2.5 years didn't really seem alot of losses at that moment but then...you think about a car you could own with that money and reality hits you...

for your information 20kpeds isnt the total deposited - ITS THE LOSS. If you sell your skills and re-use the money and loose it again and repeat the process 4 times, here's your 20k ped LOSS ;)

once again gratz for being flagged under "profit" in MA's database ;)

then your exagurating and it is for sure a topic for another thread

totally wrong here in that fiorm.

i ageree totally fanboism isnt useful but total hatred neither.

so maybe you got something more yousful to post..somewhere else.

That's impressive. I don't know anyone who can lose that much in a day. Nor do I know anyone that would keep doing it if they were indeed losing that much a day.

I do know that if you lie, just about anything is possible.

*raises hand*

But im a exeption among exepctions. Also there are a few resones to why this occur as well. :ahh:

Partly becuse when i do hunt my rental costs is usual around 800-1400 ped/day :whistle:
When i go big that is.

*raises hand*

But im a exeption among exepctions. Also there are a few resones to why this occur as well. :ahh:

Partly becuse when i do hunt my rental costs is usual around 800-1400 ped/day :whistle:
When i go big that is.

$100 a day, every day, is over $35,000 a year. If you are anywhere near this amount, stop playing, seek help.

First of all - Welcome to Calypso. Don't be too afraid. Take your time for research. You will see soon it is possible to play and have fun on small budget and progress. You won'T profit every run in whatever chosen profession, but when you don't do things wrong you have the chance to break even or even profit.

The major rules are:
-Do research
-be patient
-Have Fun

Again: Welcome in a wonderful virtual universe.

Regards

Back