Hidden Profiles

Society
The Smurfs
Boardian Chilix Corunian.
i think there shouldnt be hidden rpofiles, first info is public abailable in chat, i can search for items and find them anyway, they can look at me using other accaunts but i cant to them or gives me a lot of work
another option will be to make it premium if they want to be hidden charge them a lot so they can pay for your develoment :)

i think there shouldnt be hidden rpofiles, first info is public abailable in chat, i can search for items and find them anyway, they can look at me using other accaunts but i cant to them or gives me a lot of work
another option will be to make it premium if they want to be hidden charge them a lot so they can pay for your develoment :)
if it was so publicially available you wouldnt have to make this thread, so obviously they arent as public as you claim them to be

actually i think that EVERY profile on the tracker should be hidden from start and that you had to create an account and set yourself public if you wish to have it that way

the way it is currently is actually pretty intrusive and harassing
you -have- to make an account to actually set you hidden

generally the tracker has led to many many incidents like
"that guy just got a hof, he just has 5 globals on tracker, i have 3 millions, why dont i get anything big?!!!"

so instead of forcing people to make accounts to set themselves hidden (and in some cases save from the things mentioned above) it would be better to have it the other way around

if it was so publicially available you wouldnt have to make this thread, so obviously they arent as public as you claim them to be

actually i think that EVERY profile on the tracker should be hidden from start and that you had to create an account and set yourself public if you wish to have it that way

the way it is currently is actually pretty intrusive and harassing
you -have- to make an account to actually set you hidden

"that guy just got a hof, he just has 5 globals on tracker, i have 3 millions, why dont i get anything big?!!!"

so instead of forcing people to make accounts to set themselves hidden (and in some cases save from the things mentioned above) it would be better to have it the other way around
is public as it flows the info in chat any can copy it and storage, you dont even need to acces game as can use live feeds to storage it, is public as i cant set it to private in game, do you think i like to be harasshing and looked by jeolius people when they see me globaling in lvl 10s like if i were rbing or craked the loot pool lol when they cost more than a global in tt
and 99% of info is there you just need to know how to look for it, you would have to go each item/mob and gather all global lyst from there, you could do a macro to do it if have the skills

i get them all the day as i said and i am not complaining, you are going to have incdents not matter what
we could say that the global info is intrunsive in game too using the same logic

this is a game if you find it intrunsive maybe you should do something else

this is a game if you find it intrunsive maybe you should do something else
no, this is the tracker we discuss i think and i said that having profiles open from start and it requiring to set yourself hidden after having to mak an account first is intrusive
it is also intrusive that it is used to spy on other people and insult them or mob them up

that was my point :)

the game is alright and i planned to stay a while longer :)

addtionally to that, you said in your opening post "i think"
this generally states an opinion in that case i guess, where i gave you my opinion on the subject

i dont think it is really useful nor polite to tell people to leave the game just cause they have another opinion
-especially- not if that opinion is about a third party software and not about the game itself

Good thing that u can be hidden(although i choose not to be), keeps away annoying PMs (like :"i looked at tracker you gamble on lvl2´s i know you tt them, so please sell em to me, i will pay in sweat" ).

It is my understanding that if your profile is hidden on tracker you are not allowed to view anyone elses profile either.

It is my understanding that if your profile is hidden on tracker you are not allowed to view anyone elses profile either.

i thought you can see other ppls profile but cant view your own, as noone else can

i thought you can see other ppls profile but cant view your own, as noone else can

I could very well be wrong, I am not sure.
I am neither a hider nor a stalker, so doesn't really matter much to me.

Indeed when you have your profile hidden on tracker you are not allowed to view other profiles.

I don't like people judging activity by looking at tracker, I for example always* hunt in teams

*: 98% of time

no, this is the tracker we discuss i think and i said that having profiles open from start and it requiring to set yourself hidden after having to mak an account first is intrusive
it is also intrusive that it is used to spy on other people and insult them or mob them up

that was my point :)

the game is alright and i planned to stay a while longer :)

addtionally to that, you said in your opening post "i think"
this generally states an opinion in that case i guess, where i gave you my opinion on the subject

i dont think it is really useful nor polite to tell people to leave the game just cause they have another opinion
-especially- not if that opinion is about a third party software and not about the game itself
hmm, you should reread what i wrote, i never said you should leave the game or invited you to

" if you find it intrunsive maybe you should do something else ", that statement can be used for anything, if you find any service intrunsive is my opinion you/me any should leave it, i for example mainly stoppe travelling by plane as result of the intrunsive rules applied, i am not a criminal so i am not going to allow to be trheated like one, dont understand why you tke that out of contest

even if you are hidden you still have many data easy abailablle as your total scores/resumes for items/mobs/minerals, all cases you refer too would still happen if you are hidden as result, only thing is affected would be the individual resumes

Also i do pay for the individual aggregations resumes, the more people hidden devalues the service i am paying to the point of making it wortheless, and if your suggestion to make them all hidden from start would be applied i for sure would stop using it

" they can look at me using other accaunts "
as i pointed if you are hidden you cant view your data or others from your pc/accaunt, but you can easyly accomodate to other pc and other accaunt to watch it from there as guess many of them do

"do something else" than playing the game is more or less not playing and leaving
minor difference, but alrighty :)

the tracker was and is often used for spying on people, even going so far to create multiple accounts (dunno, is that allowed at the tracker?) just to watch others

the fact that more stats of me are visible is indeed a bad thing and I really dislike it, but unfortunately I am fairly powerless in that respect
tbh, I wouldnt mind some kind of "take myself totally out of tracker" option
again, it would still require an account

to make that thing really fair, it would be mandatory to have everything hidden there unless you indeed create an account there and make yourself public

the actual thing it is supposed to do, analyse loot etcetc. would still be possible, as you would still have the important parts:
loot value + mob + time
just no name

however, one main aspect of the tracker is simply spying on people
hence this (imo) fair and mandatory feature of removing the names isn't done, because its one main selling factor of it

as I said, this spy function is often enough used to get information on people you can use to insult them, belittle them and judge them

that it would devalue the service I agree on (actually I think the main point of the thing is the spy aspect)

in either case, that isnt directed towards the entropia tracker solely anyway, there are prolly more running than just that one, it is just the most popular example
gotta admit i would love some check box in the EU option menu to set my globals to anonymous to solve that kind of problem

Back