High HR = key to succes !!!

Randomness should always be the first thing to consider before anything else. When you're below 100 drops, there's no statistical difference between a 20% and 40% hit rate as I pointed out in my comment about confidence intervals in the post that started this. Sometimes you're just going to get a string of NRFs even if the true average hit rate for that area and time is high. Basically, don't assume a connection when you can't rule out random sampling effects.

Then there's the question that's more up in the air of how swings in the loot pool affect the true average hit rate, if that's split up by resource type, etc.

Those two come in to play before even looking at resources currently "out of the ground". It could affect hit rate, but it can also just mean the other resources become more common in place of the "missing" resource. I don't have great data on that, but trends I've seen don't really indicate specific resource availability and hit rate are correlated.

Cool..

I will remember that. Statistics is not really my thing....

Thanks

Then there's the question that's more up in the air of how swings in the loot pool affect the true average hit rate, if that's split up by resource type, etc.

Those two come in to play before even looking at resources currently "out of the ground". It could affect hit rate, but it can also just mean the other resources become more common in place of the "missing" resource. I don't have great data on that, but trends I've seen don't really indicate specific resource availability and hit rate are correlated.

Good you mentioned that ^^

So here I did a borderline run in zone 2 with a terrible HR

TT return 71,32%

24-jan-19_7_28_02_am.jpg

Why did I kept going ....

Normally from 100 drops I get (average) 7,75% gazz and 16,05% duru. Now in this bad run I didn't get any gaz at all and only 4% duru . All other ores where normal % in TT return.

My normal HR here is between 36-39%

I might try another run later today to see if this stays the same.
If this is the case, you might see gaz and duru go up in % on auction soon.

EDIT : If this goes bad again, I'll just avoid zones in the next days that have gaz and duru !!!

Same terrible HR so I stopped after 25 drops and again this time no gaz and no duru

24-jan-19_9_52_35_am_2nd_run.jpg

Last edited:
While HR certainly does help, the correlation is fairly weak.

186 runs logged since 8-Dec:

(removed one extreme outlier of 2000+%)
(note my runs are of different size and often quite short - ~98 PED on average)

edit: and as you see it's possible to be sub-100% even with 40% :)

Last edited:
While HR certainly does help, the correlation is fairly weak.

186 runs logged since 8-Dec:

(removed one extreme outlier of 2000+%)
(note my runs are of different size and often quite short - ~98 PED on average)

edit: and as you see it's possible to be sub-100% even with 40% :)

Thank you very much Haruto :)

No worries my runs are mostly about 100 ped also

And yes, agree, even with a HR of 40+% it is still possible to get -100% in TT return, but so far it didn't happen that much.

You both really giving me the desire to mine again and share my results as well ! Keep the feedbacks going, it's really nice to follow !

Today started really very good :)

Zone 2 First run for today 161,47%
Very high profit since it started with a high HR + 2 x XI
screenshot_-_22-jan-19_7_47_16_am.jpg

And the end result
22-jan-19_8_44_49_am_ore_ti.jpg

Zone 5 81,39 % TT return
In this zone I always had problems getting the HR up (Hint lol)
screenshot_-_22-jan-19_11_48_38_am.jpg

Are you saying that each server has it's own resource density ???? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more)

Are you saying that each server has it's own resource density ???? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more)

1 is good timing, other is bad timing and yes, density's might be different or altered by MA/economics (I think)

Last edited:
the questions is: when do you decide to switch areas. you say when your hitrate is below 30% but when your first drop doesnt hit anything it is below 30%. you immediately switch?

the questions is: when do you decide to switch areas. you say when your hitrate is below 30% but when your first drop doesnt hit anything it is below 30%. you immediately switch?

That is something you need to try out

For me its like :

first 10 drops ....40% wow nice HR, maybe I'll use an amp
first 10 drops ... 33% HR hmm seems ok
first 10 drops ... 30% HR let's do another 10 and see
first 10 drops ... less than 30 % HR let's leave and try somewhere else

EDIT :
another hint ....
first 10 drops ... 20-25% HR ... wow some 1 just mined here not that long ago (presses T)

Last edited:
Normally from 100 drops I get (average) 7,75% gazz and 16,05% duru. Now in this bad run I didn't get any gaz at all and only 4% duru . All other ores where normal % in TT return.

My normal HR here is between 36-39%

I might try another run later today to see if this stays the same.
If this is the case, you might see gaz and duru go up in % on auction soon.

EDIT : If this goes bad again, I'll just avoid zones in the next days that have gaz and duru !!!

Same terrible HR so I stopped after 25 drops and again this time no gaz and no duru

24-jan-19_9_52_35_am_2nd_run.jpg

1 Day later (but I'm sure the weekend will bring it down again because of weekend miners/undercutters)

screenshot_-_25-jan-19_8_52_05_am.jpg

Last edited:
That is something you need to try out

For me its like :

first 10 drops ....40% wow nice HR, maybe I'll use an amp
first 10 drops ... 33% HR hmm seems ok
first 10 drops ... 30% HR let's do another 10 and see
first 10 drops ... less than 30 % HR let's leave and try somewhere else

EDIT :
another hint ....
first 10 drops ... 20-25% HR ... wow some 1 just mined here not that long ago (presses T)

:scratch2: 33% would mean succeeding in 3.3334 drops out of 10. How do you measure that ?

1 is good timing, other is bad timing and yes, density's might be different or altered by MA/economics (I think)

Ah wave theory again...

or crafters using mined resources which replenish the resources in areas associated with the used resource (wow that's a lot of resources).

How to see or predict this, cause as a miner you should stack up and sell when % is at his highest

Every run I do goes into a excel like this example

screenshot_-_25-jan-19_9_06_25_am.jpg

i think he wanted to say that after 10 drops the only option is 30% or 40% in your chart. you cant have fractions of a success. 3 out of 10 = 30% 4 out of 10 = 40%.

ah correct :p my mistake sorry.

But those % count for the whole run, mostly I do 100/200 drops. If I keep going or not depends on the HR I'm getting and you can get 33%.

In fact 33% for me is very important cause that's mining on the edge of profit/loosing mostly IF claims have a normal size. So when I see 33% I check TT return/costs. Depending that result I keep mining/stop or even might try a low amp.

How to see or predict this, cause as a miner you should stack up and sell when % is at his highest

Every run I do goes into a excel like this example

screenshot_-_25-jan-19_9_06_25_am.jpg

Very cool, I may just add this into my little Excel Mining sheet....

I mine a bit differently to you it would seem..

I track the size of claims, how many probes I have used and profit / loss in Excel in real time. Adding the type of resource found may not be such a bad idea.

I do not use a typical hex either, though the end result is the same, probes that are about 110m apart from each other and do not overlap.. This creates a very repeatable mining setup, if I start with probe 1 at coord x,y, the next probe will be at x1,y1 which is +-110m away. Of course I do use LBML for backup tracking.

The nice thing is the immediate feedback, is my hitrate below x ? The sheet stops the run. Is my profit x% negative ? same thing, end of run. It even gives me a shorthand of which "zone" or server I am on (int(coord/8192)).

What I am starting to notice is that if a set server does not have resources, the one next to it does.

Very cool, I may just add this into my little Excel Mining sheet....

I mine a bit differently to you it would seem..

I track the size of claims, how many probes I have used and profit / loss in Excel in real time. Adding the type of resource found may not be such a bad idea.

I do not use a typical hex either, though the end result is the same, probes that are about 110m apart from each other and do not overlap.. This creates a very repeatable mining setup, if I start with probe 1 at coord x,y, the next probe will be at x1,y1 which is +-110m away. Of course I do use LBML for backup tracking.

The nice thing is the immediate feedback, is my hitrate below x ? The sheet stops the run. Is my profit x% negative ? same thing, end of run. It even gives me a shorthand of which "zone" or server I am on (int(coord/8192)).

What I am starting to notice is that if a set server does not have resources, the one next to it does.

little tip:

you dont have to mine every 110m. 55m is enough to get the same long term hitrate. difference is you can drop more probes faster which lets you ride a good wave better (higher profit) but also increases the bad side of a bad wave (lower profit). if you real time adjust your run by looking at the hitrate you can go drop every 55m when its good and it the hitrate falls too low drop every 110m again until it changes again

little tip:

you dont have to mine every 110m. 55m is enough to get the same long term hitrate. difference is you can drop more probes faster which lets you ride a good wave better (higher profit) but also increases the bad side of a bad wave (lower profit). if you real time adjust your run by looking at the hitrate you can go drop every 55m when its good and it the hitrate falls too low drop every 110m again until it changes again

Very interesting.....

It should be possible to do this in Excel, ie have it dynamically calculate where to place a probe based on hitrate or I could just manually filter out coordinates that are closer than 110m :)

Neat idea, I like it :)

Thanks

Very interesting.....

It should be possible to do this in Excel, ie have it dynamically calculate where to place a probe based on hitrate or I could just manually filter out coordinates that are closer than 110m :)

Neat idea, I like it :)

Thanks

I do the same, if HR is low, i do more 100-150m / if HR is nice i do 55m. If you think you find a cluster, then do every 30m. If you find a claim after 30m do same again, if no claim, try an other directen from the claim field/cluster. Cluster can be very nice and content many claims in a smal place.

I don't do any of this, just drop after 100 and in honeycomb style like on the mining guide :rolleyes:

It's bad times that show what is a good approach. :yup:

I know it's weekend and there are a lot more miners online (weekend modus :ahh:), but I still decided to give it a try for a mission.

In this zone my HR is between 34 % - 35,68% and TT return between 99,18 % - 118,68% so very stable.

screenshot_-_26-jan-19_8_14_25_am.jpg

I noticed that I was getting more tiny's than usual so after 50 drops (only 25 ped dropped) I checked and only had 81% TT return.

So here again, pressed T, even when MU is gonna make the run ok cause 2 enmatters that I get there are at 150%

Now I have some questions :laugh:

I wonder if high-low HR's are involved depending skills and/or finders.

So please let us know if

- you tried another way of mining
- if this thread has helped
- did it get better after you had a lvl up
- or when you changed finder

Thank you all and GL !!!

Last edited:
Test run

First little run back with lbml.

Terra 5 T3 depth.

20drops ores +20 drops enmatter in a random zone. I've started with a blank map on eudoria.

42,11% overall HR.
Only oil and lysterium even though my AVG depth was 1038m. Good TT return, around 120%. Covering enhancers for this run.

Terra 5 T3 depth.

20drops ores +20 drops enmatter in a random zone. I've started with a blank map on eudoria.

42,11% overall HR.
Only oil and lysterium even though my AVG depth was 1038m. Good TT return, around 120%. Covering enhancers for this run.

Great job :)

Can't rep you yet :p

Terra 5 T3 depth.

42,11% overall HR.

If you are mining with both ent and ore at the same time, you HR is average.

Normal run

Hey there, made another run of normal length :

O+E 99peds Terra5T3 - 92,91peds back. 93,85% (still eudoria)

HR was 28.36% overall, with a much better one for ores. Big diversity of claims, almost no tiny. 1000m avg depth, no special finds.

So you all here only mine to make better HR runs ?

Back