High speed vs high damage

Superhal

Prowler
Let's say you had two weapons with equal dps and dpp. One shoots twice as fast as the other, while the other has twice as much damage per shot.

Which one is better? What factors would you be looking at?

Let's say you had two weapons with equal dps and dpp. One shoots twice as fast as the other, while the other has twice as much damage per shot.

Which one is better? What factors would you be looking at?

Without a doubt, speed... More attacks per minute = quicker on and off the weapon, to use other things such as a FAP or finisher if needed.

:wise:

if they are the same, why not simply use the one that is most fun to use?

Without a doubt, speed... More attacks per minute = quicker on and off the weapon, to use other things such as a FAP or finisher if needed.

:wise:

agreed... not to mention less chance of wasting ammo on the last shot.

allways take the weapon with the most shot/min even if it has a bit less dps or dpp since it will waste less on the last shot which can make up for some disadvantage on the long run and switching to finisher on regen mobs is shit.

Think I have to agree with the above. But in pvp more dmg per shot could have its advantages right?!:scratch2:

Better to use a faster lower-dmg one.

1) Quicker switch if needing to FAP or whatever.
2) Less risk of overkill.
3) Higher add to dps if using an amp.
4) Can't think of something atm, but I am sure there are more reasons :D

But in pvp more dmg per shot could have its advantages right?!:scratch2:

You still need speed, with a slooooooow high dmg weapon you are kinda fucked if ya miss :laugh:

You still need speed, with a slooooooow high dmg weapon you are kinda fucked if ya miss :laugh:

I still prefer an LR59 over an X1 tho (even if X1 had same range as LR59)

But with Tango and alike... if you miss... run like no tomorrow till you reloaded :D

it depend of your evade too!!!!!! but since we have L armors people just forget about!!!!!

higher speed.. the amp works twice as well. - ; )

highest ha is best... look for highest dps with highest ha. That way you are not wasting all the peds on misses.

high speed requires very good internet connection and Entropia must be in very good condition.

With current lag and slow switching between gun and fap it can very very bad on a speed gun.

from a gun that can do 75 hit per minute could be 40 or less per minute.

Test drive before u buy I would say.

High damage (hurray for accuracy enhancers!) over high rate of fire for the same damage per second is significant only for one-shot player kills. For example, two weapons which inflict 3000 max dps:
PvP Smackdown Hammer has a 6 second recycle time, and max 300 non-crit damage/hit.
Hunter's Little Tool has a 1 second recycle time, and max 50 non-crit damage/hit.

For PvP, overburn expenses and the wait time to use a healing tool are of much less concern than overpowering the target's defenses (armor) and killing the target in one shot so that the target has no opportunity to use an uber healing tool. Hunter's Little Tool, for example, would inflict at most 1 point of damage upon anyone in decent PvP armor, like Eon (L).

For hunting defenseless creatures, high rate of fire wins every time because you have a shorter wait time to use a healing tool. Also, you can limit the amount of overburn for ammo and decay. (By defenseless, I mean creatures which bear the full brunt of all damage dealt upon them.)

But, because of the higher miss rate, isn't the amp wasted twice as much?

Regardless of which weapon I used, wouldn't unamped be better?

The miss rate (in %) isn't higher on faster weapons.

higher speed.. the amp works twice as well. - ; )

But, because of the higher miss rate, isn't the amp wasted twice as much?

i think what Nihilist means is that amps have more effect on the higher speed weapon. if you take two weapons of equal dmg/sec but different speeds (as in the OP) and add an amp, you'll find low speed + amp has a lower damage/sec than high speed + amp.

Back