Info: Hill Climbing Tip

Calin

Prowler
Society
Delta Force
Arutha Calin Surana
I went out for an exploration run tonight. I decided to work on hill climbing a bit.

I managed to climb some hills of a steepness I haven't been successful at before by turning left and right about every second or so. I had to vary the timing depending on the hill, but that timing seemed to work well.

I got to the top of a pretty tough mountain that I never expected to get up on.

Still a lot of trouble, but if you have a claim you need to get to it may help a bit.

Until they get the climbing fixed- Good luck to you all...

I hope this helps.:D

I can add a few more tips to the list :)

1. Find a "corner" or "sloap" that intersects another, either completely in sight, or slightly hidden, there are tiny tiny intersections on hills which make the avatar do a kind of a "hillbilly" dance back and forth (almost looks like tapdancing), which makes you climb hills very fast.

2. if the sloap is lean enough, you can just stand in perfect alignment against the sloap, press down "r" for autorun, and the avatar will start climbing by "sliding" up the mountain after a few secconds.

3. Practice practice practice :) ive climbed hills others have claimed impossible by using the obove two techniques, aswell as the OP's technique.

I have noticed that if you "jog" your mouse back and forth while trying to climb you will be able to climb many areas. Also work with the terrain :)

I can add a few more tips to the list :)

1. Find a "corner" or "sloap" that intersects another, either completely in sight, or slightly hidden, there are tiny tiny intersections on hills which make the avatar do a kind of a "hillbilly" dance back and forth (almost looks like tapdancing), which makes you climb hills very fast.

2. if the sloap is lean enough, you can just stand in perfect alignment against the sloap, press down "r" for autorun, and the avatar will start climbing by "sliding" up the mountain after a few secconds.

3. Practice practice practice :) ive climbed hills others have claimed impossible by using the obove two techniques, aswell as the OP's technique.

I have to try your tip 2, that could be handy. Thanks.

would it not be better to ask MA why we can't climb hills? is there going to be mountian climbing gear looted? why is there places we cannot go? To me this seems like a stupid mechanic forethought. and why not put a claim up there on the hill so we can recieve a support case for a unreachable claim. it seems to me this VU is just another eye-candy VU. and the mechanics are once again forgotten. I went out exploring and i was very upset with what i discovered. I wanted to go hunting but could not get to the LA i was tring to get to because of the mountians. can we just ask ma to make us climb hills that are steep slow?

Just strafe alternating A and D, finding a ridge that makes your avatar strafe by itself is even better.

yea in some other games wall walking is a good skill to have.

and u guys are right about climbing in tiny incriments.

but even so~ there are still claims that i haven't been able to reach.

i had to give up on some claims. after an hour of trying every possible angle

that i could see.

the terrain really messes up mining.

yea in some other games wall walking is a good skill to have.

and u guys are right about climbing in tiny incriments.

but even so~ there are still claims that i haven't been able to reach.

i had to give up on some claims. after an hour of trying every possible angle

that i could see.

the terrain really messes up mining.
If you can get above your claim and navigate down, or just walk up to it, then you're ok. There are some hills however, that can't be climbed to the top, and being round in nature, you can't find a crevasse to push your way up...

Let's hope teleportation comes back soon, so we can get up easier :)

Back