Hmm Crafted Extractors ?

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
I just didn't played mutch Pe the last 2 Vus and feel like a total noob again. :(

If you claim a deposit and its very valueable you get the HOF message at once and see PED value of your Global/Hof But dosn't mean it the Ammount is fixed and the strange Number in the Ore/Enmatter Extractors dont mean anything ? If so, the TT Extractor is still the best ? I thought with raised Skill AND a better Tool you could pull up more Stones so more total value.

Of course i belive skill still matters and determine the ammount you can pull when you drop the bomb. But i dont see the Tool Influence

Im a bit confused about it and dont know if i have to buy me some Crafted Extractors. Can someone please explain me what this numbers mean and where the sense of a better extractor is ?

I think with better skills & extractor you pull up more ore/enmatter with every pull thus leading to less pulls and therefore less decay eventhough the decay per pull might be higher on better extractors.
Sorry, a bit drunk so can't explain it clearer but somebody can correct me if/how I'm wrong.

At least with the older looted extractors, they would also pull up stones at a much faster pace than the tt models. I have never however tested the newer crafted extractors but i would assume that they are the same way. :)

Hmm is this really just more stones each pull and faster pulling ?
I know my english is not the best but i try to make it as understandable as i can.

If you drop for Example a Ore Bomb Geology and Prospecting + unknown (Perception, Int, unlocks ect.) determine if you find something what kind of stuff and
more or less the sieze and deep (It looks like the Deep have no real Influence and ist just for Optical Effects).

Mining + unknown determine a Bonus added to the Basic sieze. Higher Mining = More Value in the Depods. So mining is good , no Question.

Now we come to the Mining Tool. The TT one have an outstanding economy
and if i dont find something really big a claim is mined within seconds. After the Mining update the Ammount of Pulls got raised significant so you can even mine bigger depods in a comfortable Time scale.

After the Mining update the Tools got some Stats. But what does the Stat tell us from the Mining tool ? Excavation Efficiency 6.8/6.8

Does it really just mean, the efficiency how mutch stones can pulled each use ?

The Crafted tools can reach a better Excavation Efficiency, i belive it means you can pull more stones each use. And they can used faster as the TT ones.
Apart from the Excavation Efficiency is the Decay of the Tool each use. It looks like the maxed Efficiency can NOT compensate the improved decay. !
MindArk made 5 Tools and one Adjusted who have all a more worse eco as the TT one

If im talking nonsense please correct me, i really try to understand the meaning of the stats. I made a test and asked some random persons about the mining tools and almost everyone told me a better tool with the right skill will extract more stones and generate more value. But it seems wrong. Or have someone with really high skills and a maxed OM-05 pulled more value out of his hof as you could read in the Global line ? So it seems a lot of People are not understand the meaning of this Stat.

A higher Mining tool have a Advantage but its perverted in my eyes.

When you get the learning bonus it means you not really skilled enough to use the Tool. This means you get a bad Excavation Efficiency combined with the higher Decay of the tool. As long you in the Learning bonus you get better Skill checks and because you have a bad Excavation Efficiency you get more pulls = more skill checks. But where is the Reason for a high Skilled Miner to use this Tools or use them when the Learning bonus is gone and not switching back to the TT Tool ? We talk here about Penny Decay on the TT Tool compared to the ammount of Value you can extract with.

The Communety cryed to make a sense in the Mine Tools and Ma gave us a statistic. Ok and now ? Whats really changed ?

What is the Sense to be able to Trade Claims when the Ammount of Ores inside is static ? What is the Sense of the better Mining Tools apart from reducing the outcome of Mining and cover it with improved skill checks ? The Most Depods mined in Seconds and even the Significants are still mined fast enough. Yes on some rare Events it may very usefull to pull a claim faster but 6 Tools to cover a faction of a percent where it would an advantage seems me a bit high.

If you read my wired post until here, respect and thank you :)
I feel the Mining tools are the same as bevore the mining update just with improved skill checks to motivate people minnimizing their outcome in Mining.
Long term investment huh ? :laugh:

If im right im dissapointed with the mining update. I would like to see the Tools have an Influence how mutch stuff i can extract.

Fiona Simmons said:
Hmm is this really just more stones each pull and faster pulling ?

Thats about it, + higher decay....and with anything that has higher decay...higher decay = faster skills. (the key word here being "faster" not "more", from my limited testing)

I have read MA's reasons for telling at time of claim how much the claim is (global/hof), but they have not yet told the real reason they started doing it... in my opinion the reason they had to start doing it this way is becasue Claims will soon be tradable/sellable and cant have people guessing what the true value of a "great" deposit may be. :wise:

Morg said:
I have read MA's reasons for telling at time of claim how much the claim is (global/hof), but they have not yet told the real reason they started doing it... in my opinion the reason they had to start doing it this way is becasue Claims will soon be tradable/sellable and cant have people guessing what the true value of a "great" deposit may be. :wise:

Yup, that's the reason. Would you wanna buy a claim without knowing it's value prior? :deal:

Be cool.

cheers
Stikker

Morg said:
Thats about it, + higher decay....and with anything that has higher decay...higher decay = faster skills. (the key word here being "faster" not "more", from my limited testing)

NEG rep for this ?!?
11-29-2005 11:53 AM Michyblueyes Do grow up

lol how sad indeed.

The extractors I dont think will influence the total ped value of a claim just the time it takes to pull it up. If your i na hot zone and worried about getting your claim pulled before a baddy gets you then it may be worth it.

If there is a difference in claim value please let me know.

The finders obviously have different depths and ranges so worth buying crafted to match skill.

Refiners, who knows, i would think that this is the area you could pull a few extra pecs out of the minerals since you are "Refining" with a better tool so less waste. Once again dont know if ther eis a difference.

Back