Hmms. Wonderings.

Zaltark

Hatchling
I've read around a bit. I've also thought a bit. This is just like some of the investment / stockmarket games I've played. I sucked grately at those :p. But what I have in EU is something other than a click for numbers, it's my time.

The way I see it, this is like a second job, but one you can have fun at (for those unlucky ones with dull jobs like me). Knowing nothing about the game, I'm attracting to crafting, because in all MMOs I've played, there's a certain value to wielding the sword you put your sweat into making, or selling that cloak that you named (if possible) to the newbie. It wasn't so much the money gained as the feeling of accomplishment and filling a role needed.

Saying as much, I'm going to give EU a try for a few days, week maybe if I'm interested, because all the MMOs out there I've played are boring. No challenge- just a grind for a higher number. I don't want numbers, I want fun. If you enjoy something, is it really work? So my idea (as newbish as it is) is that I'll offer my time just like any other job. I'm not expecting handouts, just a trade. I'll work for a 'society' or 'company' or whatever it may be called, and have the materials supplied, gaining experience, but not selling anything made, rather returning it to the original owner. Though I just realized that might be a small deficit at first, as I probably won't know how to make anything, but I'm not demanding the best. Give me rags and I'll make a shirt.

I'm not looking for straigh up invitations or anything, just some ideas from those of you that've been here longer. Is it feasible? Would anyone want to hire a newb? I see it like this:
Some people love hunting. Thats great! Let them hunt. The materials they get (which Im assuming are for crafting) can be sold on the market or kept for the company. It flows to the crafter / traders.
Some people love crafting. They could care less about skinning whatever dino/alien/monster thing. Thier role is to be a service to others. They take the materials from the Hunters and in turn give the hunters weapons /armor.

I don't know all the complete cash flows of the game, but my idea is that 10 people with specific fields are more productive than 15 with general knowledge. Sorry for the long post. I guess it means I'm excited for once (in a long while).

BTW times would probably be from 7-11pm or 12pm Central Time (USA) weekdays and more time on weekends. As life is, ever flowing, some days I might not be able to play, others I might be able to more.

You need a few hundred hours of skilling to be able to craft anything remotely useful in the way you are suggesting, or you do like every smart longterm crafter before you, and chip in.

gl.

Hi Zaltark. Your idea is nice but I'm afraid it is not practical given the way the game works.
Unfortunately it's not a question of getting some materials and the just crafting something which everybody wants. You have to first acquire crafting skills. This consists of buying materials (or looting them) and then trying to craft things which nobody wants. Whilst doing this you will be losing money (e.g making 600 Basic Filters worth 6 PED will cost you about 10 PED for the materials).
Getting to the level where you can actually craft something which people will want will take an exceedingly long time (we're talking months here) and cost a lot of money.

See the game as a way to have fun and NOT as a way to make money, then you will enjoy it.

Back