Hof to Global Ratio

Xavier Target

Old Alpha
Under the I-96 overpass getting free wifi from Pan
Xavier Target Technosplurg
I am a slightly experienced EU player, or total noob, depending on your view, but I'm at the point where I actually believe that one day I will get a hof. I've seen alot of loot discussion, but not noticed any discussion about what an average hof/global ratio might be. Is this because its so drastically different depending on how you play? Or has anyone determined that if you get X gloabals on average you should get a hof before you get Y more globals?

Not that it matters, but it seems some have such detailed loot analysis I thought maybe such a theory would exist.

Depends on profession and current HoF sizes ofc...

I have had over 100 hunting globals, biggest being 267PED... But only a 63PED HoF once.

In mining tho, I have less globals but several big HoFs... And in crafting I only have one of each (I dont craft much).

Global is the same as a HOF

just one is put on a board.

If you do not aim to get a HOF you will HOF.

Also circle a lot of ped.

Would you rather be -100ped and of had a HOF

or

+100ped and never had a hof or global?

My point is, why do globals and Hof matter ? fame? probably..

Global is the same as a HOF

just one is put on a board.

If you do not aim to get a HOF you will HOF.

Also circle a lot of ped.

Would you rather be -100ped and of had a HOF

or

+100ped and never had a hof or global?

My point is, why do globals and Hof matter ? fame? probably..

Ill take your globals/hofs since you dont need them, np

Also, checking at your signiture, why exactly would you bother with rep, doe it even matter? to be respected? probably....

EDIT: lol at neg rep Jennifer lol, {removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
hof

HOpe you hof soon is the main thing.
I do know that I got a 52 ped hof before, so careful what you wish for. I would take 6 280 ped globals over 1 900 ped hof (well maybe that sounds obvious, but you know.)

Depends on mob hp. For example its difficult to score hof on argo, because you need to get I-III class loot (naming classes from the biggest loot). This is from 20000 argo globals (denominated to young hp):
I class - 7-10k ped / every 707 argo globals
II class - 3-4k ped / every 660 argo globals
III class - 600-1000 ped / every 146 argo globals
IV class and below - <210 ped - (up to 150 is common) - could be hof sometimes

On average every 100 globals you get certain hof on argo(ofc you could wait longer because of DYNAMIC™)
On big enough mobs common loots are more likely to be hofs. Doesn't matter you will kill less with the same gun.

I've seen alot of loot discussion, but not noticed any discussion about what an average hof/global ratio might be.

The discussion would need to be about loots above an certain tt value (high loot bands) per mob and maturities, not about HOFs. Event tho that often comes to the same.

Is this because its so drastically different depending on how you play?

Yes. Not all people have the same loot volatility. And i mean people, not avatar, because that is not set in stone for an certain ava, it's the player who makes it so.

The discussion would need to be about loots above an certain tt value (high loot bands) per mob and maturities, not about HOFs. Event tho that often comes to the same.

I guess I noticed it before, but really didn't take it into account when I wondered if I would ever make the hof list. The thing about hofs is that the amount of PED required to make the list is ever changing... Apparently, some barely globals can be a hof if the list has dropped due to a lull in big loots. So, if I just want to make the hof list, I could just sit on my ped until the list gets weak(amount needed to make list is low) then hunt or mine like mad in hopes I can get a global like those I have gotten before, but this time it would be enough to make hof list. The only problem with that plan is the hof list is most likely weak because its a bad loot cycle and my efforts during a bad loot period would not result in that global big enough to be a hof of a weak list.

Your suggesting to ignore the hof list variablity and instead rate my EU big loot achievement by tracking the loot bands I hit with my global/hofs. That makes more sense since it is not a moving target.

As a few others have suggested, a HOF isn't technically anything special. I've had 50-60 PED "HOFs" mining.

Let's say someone goes ape-shit on FOMA and drops 40 Level 13 amps and fills the HOF board. The next day, as those HOFs start dropping off, the HOF board opens up and allows smaller HOFs to take the space.

It happens quite regularly in crafting too. As for a ratio, hmmm....

According to tracker I get around 14 HOFs every 100 globals. Again, this doesn't mean big loot, it just means it made it to the HOF board. There are some two-digit HOFs on there.

For hunting...Lol. I'm probably one of the unluckiest hunters on Calypso. I have around 200 globals tracked and I've recorded 2 HOFs. Neither were over 1,000 PED.

So it really depends on the avatar and the HOF board threshold.

Back