News: Hogglo Hysteria

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Hordes of rageful Hogglos are spreading throughout various areas on Calypso! Colonists have reported attacks at Ashi, Cape Corinth, Fort Ithaca, Fort Pandora, and Jason Centre. The Research and Development Institute (RDI) has also reported that Ashi’s wildlife is highly affected by the Hogglos due to higher maturities invading that area. Lower maturities seem to have moved to Cape Corinth.

Why these creatures have decided to move south to various areas of Calypso is still unknown, but the RDI is now collecting data about this unusual migration.

Hunters brave enough to engage these hordes should be prepared for the worst possible scenarios and carefully choose their gear.

Originally Posted Here

Why these creatures have decided to move south to various areas of Calypso is still unknown, but the RDI is now collecting data about this unusual migration.

Originally Posted Here
Why are they attacking? Nobody knows... Not even MA :D Rumours about they need extra vacations :D

Cool cool cool. I'm still in a mayhem waiting room though. Based on last year dates Im expecting:
  • Thursday, October 27
  • Monday, November 7
Since I'll be taking a week off work for the big grind maybe MA community manager can confirm or its still too early to say and just wait for the announment around the middle of October?

Can anyone from RDI tell us if there's any good reason to kill these or should we just let them migrate until they get bored and return to their realm? Thanks in advance.

Maturities
  • Ashi - Dominant Old Alpha Shared
  • Cape Corinth - Young Shared
  • Forth Ithca - Young, Guardan, Shared Diablo L354
  • Fort Pandora - Warriors killed the Hogglo??? :eek:
  • Jason Center - Alpha Stalker Shared
Damage
  • Imp 47%
  • Stab: 35%
  • Cut 18%

Hogglo frequently drops treasures such as, Animal Spleen Oil 102,32% & Infrasound Emitter Component 104,17%
Rare: RX OpTac X1 Armor Parts

They also have Exotic Codex Levels

Last edited:
Can anyone from RDI tell us if there's any good reason to kill these or should we just let them migrate until they get bored and return to their realm? Thanks in advance.
Theyre moving south towards warmer areas for the winter since there is less gas available to heat their homes

is "worst possible scenarios" something like hussked=noloot or just nothing special to be looted? :)
its nice to get an advance warning though, very considerate!
Hunters brave enough to engage these hordes should be prepared for the worst possible scenarios and carefully choose their gear.

Why are they attacking? Nobody knows... Not even MA :D Rumours about they need extra vacations :D

I blame the colonists at Ashi. Rumour has it they arranged a little alfresco lunch enjoying the sunshine. With a freshly roasted hog piglet on the table, nicely decorated with an apple in it's mouth.

Some fella loudly joked "you could've let it finish the apple first", which was overheard in the distance by the grieving mother pig.

She goes back home, tells the hogglo community, anger ensues, it all kicks off.

Any tamable ones going to spawn? And did anyone see any Atrox sapphires or Rubies during the Atrox sex event?

Stalkers spotted @ Jason and Ashi

Pandora is empty :(

Last edited:
Nah...it's extra vaccinations. Pretty boring event, really. :ROFLMAO:

There are stalkers in twin peaks incase anyone is interested

Nothing more to add.

Soo... Monria gets a patch fix that draws to much populace there and Calypso answers with this event. Fair game. Monria owners must really happy.

Personally i will for 5 meta and some Analysis off codex. i just saw i am rank 3.... hogglo soup for dinner!

Last edited:
Personally i will for 5 meta and some Analysis off codex. i just saw i am rank 3.... hogglo soup for dinner!
That's a good enough reason. Being over 100 looter I stopped on looking for rank 4 a while ago. My question was more aimed towards this wave of hogglos not bringing anything new when there's a very large spawn of them already on Treasure Island...
Would have been really good if it would have non shared diablos as there are many socs after fun like that, just as we're asking for non shared Old Fred spawn but sadly MA likes to keep their rare merchandise in the storage rather than displaying it on the shelve so people can buy it... With so many consultants from the ranks of players, many team expansions, marketing is still underperforming, not being able to offer people what they want to buy the most, while instead trying to market events with mobs that are already in abundance

i think that to look for lower MU inside apart hogglo and marcimex just calamusoid can compete...

Why can't anyone at mindark spend 15 minutes and make an event/spawns of mobs that people would actually get excited for?

Just look at solos lan event spawns, not even announced and its seeing more action than this hogglo "event"

I don't understand why would people hunt Hogglo within this event at some random locations while all of these maturities (Young-Stalker) have pretty decent and separated untaxed spawns on NTI (Diablo spawns there too).

Last edited:
I wonder why they need to do this event in new player area's. When I first started playing my car got destroyed by robots on my way to cape corinth. I almost stopped playing after this.
@Ludvig|MindArk
Maybe something to consider how you want a new player's experience to be when they do the beginners missions.
It can be very frustrating and is not a good introduction to a game.
I don't understand why would people hunt Hogglo within this event at some random locations while all of these maturities have pretty decent and separated untaxed spawns on NTI (Diablo spawns there too).

Entropy The Purger on OLA '#60 [Calypso, 28503, 52254, 191, Waypoint]

Back