Holy....just wow...

Ocithiel

Hatchling
Decided to do a little research while installing...so much info here. I consider myself to be rather quick and receptive to knowledge....but I'm freaking overwhelmed lol.

Anyway...wanted to intro myself. I'm Ocithiel, hopeful hunter to be :cool:

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the fold. Hang on tight, it's a pretty wild ride. :laugh:

Hello and have a read of the Sticky Threads section. Valuable.

Well, I hate to say it...but the lack of a configurable keymap for movement is a make or break thing for me and MMO's. If there's no way to configure my movement keys (strafe, run, walk etc) then I won't be playing Entropia :mad:

Ocithiel said:
Well, I hate to say it...but the lack of a configurable keymap for movement is a make or break thing for me and MMO's. If there's no way to configure my movement keys (strafe, run, walk etc) then I won't be playing Entropia :mad:

Well, I have not tried to configure the movement keys, but I assume that they are configurable, just as the rest of the actions. Press L, and click on the keyboard icon. Drag and drop actions to your preferred keys. Read one of the sticky threads about this topic.

And btw, I'm not sure if this "if I cannot do xxxxx, then I won't be playing..." attitude is the best one for this virtual world :)

Have fun,

/jdegre.

jdegre said:
And btw, I'm not sure if this "if I cannot do xxxxx, then I won't be playing..." attitude is the best one for this virtual world :)

Couldn`t say It better... Maybe just to add that if under 16yrs old one needs a parental guidance to participate in this universe...:silly2:

jdegre said:
Well, I have not tried to configure the movement keys, but I assume that they are configurable, just as the rest of the actions. Press L, and click on the keyboard icon. Drag and drop actions to your preferred keys. Read one of the sticky threads about this topic.

Have fun,

/jdegre.

Tried that. They movement keys are greyed out and unchangable. Thanks though :D

Robotek said:
Couldn`t say It better... Maybe just to add that if under 16yrs old one needs a parental guidance to participate in this universe...:silly2:

That comment was completely uncalled for. I'm 29 years old. Having a specific keymap preference (or being turned off by the lack of a configurable keymap) doesn't make me under 16. Keep your comments to yourself if you can't say anything positive and contribute to the thread.

Ocithiel said:

Did you activate the global action set (the set marked with a "*" sign)?.
If you're working on another action set (1-9), the global action set keys are greyed out.

/jdegre.

hey and welcome :D
take a look at my signature for a guide ;)
Ocithiel said:

you need to activite expert mode or so in your options menu (press o)
now, you press l (edit panel), x (action book), g (keyboard map).
on the upper left corner you should have a little field telling you the number of which set you are in (action set panel), if not, you can activate it with a button in the edit panel
with activated edit panel a * will appear there; click it
now the "global" keys are free for changing
those "global" keys apply for all sets
you can drag the movements or whatever you like from the action book to your keys, same for usable items from inventory (press i)

Ocithiel said:
That comment was completely uncalled for. I'm 29 years old. Having a specific keymap preference (or being turned off by the lack of a configurable keymap) doesn't make me under 16. Keep your comments to yourself if you can't say anything positive and contribute to the thread.

Ok, I will try my best... The entropia will take so much of your time that you will get used to It (well, you could, but I guess you won`t:tongue2: ) and btw the movement keys (w,a,s,d) are the standard 1st person view in all todays game titels (or majority of them), the attitude "i wont play" sounded really childish so I think my comment was on the spot, sorry for offending you, hope you dont stop posting on ef bc of it:laugh: .

Robo

Alice said:
hey and welcome :D
take a look at my signature for a guide ;)

you need to activite expert mode or so in your options menu (press o)
now, you press l (edit panel), x (action book), g (keyboard map).
on the upper left corner you should have a little field telling you the number of which set you are in (action set panel), if not, you can activate it with a button in the edit panel
with activated edit panel a * will appear there; click it
now the "global" keys are free for changing
those "global" keys apply for all sets
you can drag the movements or whatever you like from the action book to your keys, same for usable items from inventory (press i)

Will you marry me...

Alice said:
most likely not

ohh come on .. that could be so SWEET :love: !!!

Welcome btw! And probably bye bye after some months. And probably welcome back again after a while ...and we could probably keep that going ... so, now we done it all :D

Lykke said:
ohh come on .. that could be so SWEET :love: !!!
:rolleyes:

best i can offer atm is a :hug:

Ocithiel said:
Will you marry me...

Such a positive response! lol

Welcome to EU - hope you stay - good luck with the key configs ;)

Welcome Ocithel!
The first 2 advices i can give you are: keep your eyes open and learn to adapt.

Robotek said:
and btw the movement keys (w,a,s,d) are the standard 1st person view in all todays game titels (or majority of them), Robo

I agree that this is the default of most games, but EU does it different. Typically the right/left are turn but in EU they are strafe. I was much happier once I switched a with z and d with c. And what a pain in the ass to actually do, glad alice spelled it out so I don't have to try

Ocithiel said:
Decided to do a little research while installing...so much info here. I consider myself to be rather quick and receptive to knowledge....but I'm freaking overwhelmed lol.

Anyway...wanted to intro myself. I'm Ocithiel, hopeful hunter to be :cool:

Nice to meet you all!
Hi there...
Welcome to EU and EF. Hope you'll have a great time here. :)

Ocithiel said:
It's all very configurable.
It's not exactly very intuitive and easy to use, but once you get the hang of it, it's really pretty cool.

I think someone else gave you some pointers, but just post again if it's still doesn't work. Probably easier to ask for help in-game, where you can see the interface while asking/trying.

Cu around :)

Thanks for all the help guys and gals...I got it all configured last night (as best I could, SO MANY BUTTONS LOL).

I'm off to start a brand new day of sweating...w00t!!!!

Oh btw..is there a global channel? Or like a *general* channel or something? Only channel other than team/soc/etc I see in the chat box is just *local* which seems to only reach people on my radar.

Thanks!!!

--Oci

hey and welcome to EU and EF :)

Welcome and *nobody*can upgrade armor! ;)

Ocithiel said:
Thanks for all the help guys and gals...I got it all configured last night (as best I could, SO MANY BUTTONS LOL).

I'm off to start a brand new day of sweating...w00t!!!!

Oh btw..is there a global channel? Or like a *general* channel or something? Only channel other than team/soc/etc I see in the chat box is just *local* which seems to only reach people on my radar.

Thanks!!!

--Oci
If U had a general channel where u could see everything writen anywhere on calypso or cnd, or CP, you would soon realize that the best would be to turn it off. Try venturing near PA for a while for example.. now imagine it a thousand times worse.

Naifas

No global channels, this isn't WoW :rolleyes:

Seriously though, like it says above, it would be a nightmare if there was one haha :p

Welcome, GL and as another poster mentioned, you have to learn to adapt or you'll sink pretty fast. ;)

Take It Easy!
Pheonyx

This forum is the closest you can get to a "global" channel on EU anyways. Goodluck, welcome and happy sweating :D

Frigid said:
Welcome and *nobody*can upgrade armor! ;)

Best piece of advice going !!

One of the hardest things I had when starting out was the configuration but now I wouldnt be without it :) and when the added mouselook(in 3rd person) that was even better.

I know most people like to turn with keys but try combining the strafe and aim mode in third person running and obstacle dodging is made soo much easier.

If you turn your mouse slightly so you run at a slight angle you seem to run a little bit faster too :D

Z will switch you between 1st and 3rd person views so give your mouse a try you never know you might also end up prefering this method too ;)

rotten ice said:
One of the hardest things I had when starting out was the configuration but now I wouldnt be without it :) and when the added mouselook(in 3rd person) that was even better.

I know most people like to turn with keys but try combining the strafe and aim mode in third person running and obstacle dodging is made soo much easier.

If you turn your mouse slightly so you run at a slight angle you seem to run a little bit faster too :D

Z will switch you between 1st and 3rd person views so give your mouse a try you never know you might also end up prefering this method too ;)

Actually, that is EXACTLY how I play lol. I use RMB to switch from mouse to aim modes and WASD to move, strafe etc.

The "sideways" running thing is called vexing and actually does move you faster because you're technically moving in two directions at once. However, it works better the faster you strafe and strafing in this game is sloooooow lol.

I used to use vexing in Asheron's Call (FFA PvP, NO safe zones) and could outrun people with a much higher run speed than me...it was terrific :dunce:

Back