horrible hunting etiquette

Rave

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
RP Rave Prospector
Ive never even see this before until just now but...

I was south of Ithaca hunting trox and a player who I wont name ran up, trailing about 5 mobs and stood next to me until they all aggro'ed onto me while I was in the middle of fighting off several of my own mobs. As soon as he lost all aggro he ran off leaving me surrounded to die.

Seriously? What the &#^$...

lol this happens pretty often :(

I had a general from some pretty well-known soc (dun remember which) do this to me once :rolleyes:

Lots of idiots out there, cant get upset over every one.

I have an opposite problem actually, as I like to skill evade on troxes at Ithaca, so I run into a big herd and have 20 on me while I skill melee. The problem is as soon as another green dot appears around me half the herd runs after them...kinda annoying too:)

Unfortunately, this is becoming more and more common. It has happened to me severasl times from members of respected Socs.

Just follow them with the mob train till they aggro back, works for me:D

It happened to me a few times, I had a good fap, good armour and health so just stood there healing and didnt say a word, it was only a bunch of snables, I found it quite funny as the two that dragged them to me didnt know what to do after 10 minutes and ran off. He who laughs last and all that ;)

There are always arseholes lol

I think this is mainly due to the gaining popularity of the dense crowd south of ithaca, i have gotten use to the ping ponging of mobs out their, its so busy lately its hard to keep the green dots off ur radar. And if their on ur radar and u got more then 1 atrox on ya its bound to run off on ya.

The best thing to do in the way of etiquette i think is just to try and avoid other green dots on ur radar, and if thats unavoidable cause some days it is down their. Then learn to expect it.

I always try to tag them back when they start to run away from me, and if i see the person getting a beat down ill go over and fap them.

This sort of thing i think is more the fault of the agro structure on atrox rather then players.... but their are those people out their that use it to their advantage unfortunetly

Just follow them with the mob train till they aggro back, works for me.

When i have some one drop a TOn of atrox on me then i do that too hehe works great hehe if ur going to get killed might as well do it standing right beside the guy that mob trained ya lol

Well, it is hard to tag them back, as the ones that run away are the ones from the back of the crowd, I can't even touch them from the center of the circle of death:)

After not having been there in quite some time, I recently went back to Ithaca and was amazed at the level of noobishness from the hunters I encountered. Maybe it's always been that way and the increased numbers of idiots made it more obvious. I don't know, but it's definitely on my "places to avoid" list.

Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately, this is becoming more and more common. It has happened to me severasl times from members of respected Socs.

This is because I'm not playing much anymore.

It seemed I was a major idiot magnet. Wherever I'd go, I always seemed to attract every dipshit and their inconsiderate actions.

However, since I haven't been playing that much anymore, the idiots have to find another magnet to attack. :D

I do feel for you though, I've been through it too many times to count.

hmm i quit hunting there because of htat, have moved to less dense atrox areas....which has also saved me in decay on armor

I was south of Ithaca hunting trox and a player who I wont name ran up, trailing about 5 mobs and stood next to me until they all aggro'ed onto me while I was in the middle of fighting off several of my own mobs. As soon as he lost all aggro he ran off leaving me surrounded to die.

Seriously? What the &#^$...

First off, if you had level 80 evade that would never ever ever have been able to happen to you on that maturity mob.. So it is perspective. You shouldnt get upset about that... I will share some things that makes hunting better.

1. Dont shoot other hunters ... if you have to, kill a miner but a hunter is reeally your brother considering.. In this world we have hunters, miners and crafters. Hunters are your brothers. Now if your game is dodge and you play the PVP loot system, i say kill every last person you see..

2. If you see a hunter killing something and he is near death and its way out of his league... help him kill it. He is your brother. Even if he gets ATH and doesnt share any of it with you, and you lose ammo. Its still the right thing to do.

3. Dont kill steal others mobs, but with regens thats not much of a factor..

It is okay steal kill and loot lag but try to stay away from lag steal loot kill if you can.

EDIT:
Kill steal is when you do most damage on a mob and thus get the loot from a mob another guy was killing .

Steal Kill is when your hunting a mob and a noob starts shooting it with his opalo after its half dead, then when its dead, said noob runs up and tries to get the loot but can not..

The people who are at Steal Kill level havent yet graduated to Kill Steal level.

They are the noobs who still dont know about damage rules about halfway, it will will take a while of doing this, til they get this world shocking thought.. Maybe if my gun is huge my Steal Kill can progress to Kill Steal...

Now what was your point again?

Last edited:
i lost ya right about here :scratch2:

It is okay steal kill and loot lag but try to stay away from lag steal loot kill if you can.

just had this happen right below pvp 1 :rolleyes:

someone ran up in partial pixie and gave me all there wonder full mobs :mad:

Ok, this guy has a fuc7ing valid point!!

Ive hunted there on and off for 4 years BUT just recently Ive noticed this crap occuring too!

Probably some uncooth minor not sure :scratch2:

Bring me 40 I wont die... but why do it??

What I NEVER do is then RUN to another player.. who and why is this happening?

Name and shame (soc name also) I want to know who is doing this, either pm me, or go over to 'another' forum and do it.

We can at least try to stop it.

Lol

LOL. I don't do this sort of stuff anymore, but used to about a year or so ago... but that was always near billy's and camp phoenix so that I could build a big bunch of mob to skill on evade and have lots of mobs really close to the tp, but out of the turret's range that could be sweated all at once and stuff.

In part, I did that because I was out of peds, and super, hyper frustrated with the game, so ran around with no armor just making a parade of mobs. I'm glad I had several months to chill out, not playing at all and am now back in game with a whole different attitude.

I think part of the what you are coming across is either stuff like this, or it's n00bs who are in the middle of tp runs, or n00bs that can't afford armor or weapons so use mobs as weapons in pvp zones?

Seriously? This happens every day. Ithaca is one of the worst places, CP being another good (bad) one. The recently dumbafied mob AI doesnt help either cause now it happens even when people don't mean to be asses.

Seriously? This happens every day. Ithaca is one of the worst places, CP being another good (bad) one. The recently dumbafied mob AI doesnt help either cause now it happens even when people don't mean to be asses.

this has always been a bad thing with argos. you can be shooting a argo and his buddy who's like 20 yards outside the agro range will jump on ya, and if you don't constantly attack both of them, ive seen extra argos jump off of me and run after something not on the radar, and upon killing my argo and trying to chase said run away argo (who i can't catch up to) i eventually see a green dot pop onto the edge of the radar.

i usually just take on as many as i can ,, i get the probs of them taking off after green dots as well ,, cant say ive had any herds brought on me , but those alphas spawning right on me sux :D

lol *NEVER* seen it before
and especially, *NEVER* at ithace
just lol

I was hunting Argos the other day and had 2 on me, radar was full of red dots, some noob came up and started shooting at one of the Argos on me and of course it ran to him...

When I had killed the other one that was on me I typed "please don't shoot mobs that are already attacking me" in all chat... His noob reply was "F**k you"... So I ran around gathered up about 12 Argos and ran them to him, he tried to fap to stay alive and failed.... Just as he was about to die I typed "No.... F**k you noob"...

So sometimes there's a good reason to run a mob train at someone...

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

looks like ppl are behaving as retardedly as the mob.

Time for MA to rework the mob AI.

I recently also had a person jump into the thick of the troxes at ithace and purposely run them straight to myself and a friend team hunting, we lived through it of course. I don't mind the amount of mobs at one time but I like to get them myself and not have someone run them up on me. I just figured that some one blew their trust fund quick and was bored.

This seems to be happening a lot lately, it has happened to my wife and myself on several occasions. Now get this, we were out in troxland when this av asks us to help him get to the nearest TP we agreed. There was another couple of people who wanted to come on the run as well. All was going smoothly until we noticed the guy who asked us and another girl run off on their own. We continued on our way. You guessed it here come the green dots straight toward us followed closely by red dots.....

Time for MA to rework the mob AI.

yup if they did this wouldn't be a issue anymore.. will it happen? probably not

Yea, this has happened to me a few times at Ithaca :rolleyes:. What I find even more annoying is players who insist on running straight into a dense spawn. There will be like 5 hunters carefully tagging trox out of the spawn and 1 prick will come running straight into the middle :(. The only thing that can kill me at ithaca is a crit from an OA, but on some occasions I've had a repair bill of 60 peds in grem+5b(off 30k ammo!).

Buy a frikkin Marber ffs!

My reaction to these noobish actions is:
- I don't hunt popular mobs in popular places.
- I suspend my hunting when a green dot appears. If he comes to me, I escape. If he doesnot approach, I move a bit to have my radar with red only and resume my hunt.

As a result, I burn a bit less during my hunt sessions because of these pauses. But I don't feed the lootpool with my decay due to runnnig idiots. :D

I think MA should at least fix the buggy behaviour of aggro. :(

:laugh: cmon ... 5 mobs

i do agree that some do mob trains but 5 mobs is not that bad ...

lol cmon, what if its 5 big ass mobs? :D each with the ability to wtfbbqCritpwn u in the face...

Buy a frikkin Marber ffs!

this would work except that not everyone can loot/afford to get one.

:laugh: cmon ... 5 mobs

i do agree that some do mob trains but 5 mobs is not that bad ...
if its 5 spiders it is. however most of the time who ever is trying to pull those will take many runs to actually train them on you if they don't give up.:laugh:

Back