horrible hunting etiquette

I dont do it in purpose most times, but it can happen.

When I hunt i prefer taking more then needed on me for skillin the evade as kombinator said.

if i want to hunt alone someone where are a miner is buggin me, just give the fella some extra mobs if its not pvp ;)

And sometimes I get it, but its something i just cant seem to understand the Big Deal about.

actually the part about miners in an area is something to consider as well.
first there bombs and probes can make things get really laggy.

second there bomb and probes can cause the ai to do some weird stuff. Ive sat and watched a guy mine, he dropped a bomb and a exosaur out of his agro range ran past him and went after a hunter running by half a radar away. ive also seen it drive mobs from the miner, ive seen someone on the edge of the map drop a bomb and pull my mob I'm killing to go after him.

this would work except that not everyone can loot/afford to get one.

Since they were "adjusted", quite honestly, if you can't afford the $50 for a marber, then Trox are out of your budget. If you are out there hunting trox in the first place, you have already forked out 200-300 ped for a decent L gun, plus another 2 or 300 for ammo. I would be willing to put money on the fact that 9 out of 10 of these guys already own a tagger, they just enjoy being dicks :(.

@the posters who enjoy skilling evade: I get that, I really do. However when I hunt trox at Ithaca, I don't move around, I camp 1 spot and wait for respawns. This means that another GD purposefully moves into my radar and starts mucking around.

As far as hunting elsewhere, if anyone knows of another spot where you can find trox young to alpha without being bothered by other mobs, please pm me the location :)

I have an opposite problem actually, as I like to skill evade on troxes at Ithaca, so I run into a big herd and have 20 on me while I skill melee. The problem is as soon as another green dot appears around me half the herd runs after them...kinda annoying too:)

I second that :)

First of all ... it can happen.

When I mine, I usualy have a nice mobtrain after me.
But if a GD appers on the edge of my radar I shout "watchout train!"
It's up to him/her to decide to move in my direction or maybe step back. (ususaly not running directly to the GD)
... and it costs nothing.

Second...
Yes ... more and more idiots are around. Also the game dynamism can bring out the mindless asshole from the normal ones from time to time.

Third...
Mod AI is well optimised and perfect .... for MA to rip off a few more from pecs to peds from us.
Will they rework it? .... I doubt that.

We live in a virtual world in which we interact a lot with each other. This things happen eventually.

When something like this happens, I prefer to be the smart guy and move along rather then bitch about it on EF or curse the avatar on chat. There are always solutions to avoid this, even at Ithaca or CP.

I hunted for a week at Ithaca and whenever there were lots of mobs or lots of avatars on radar, I tried to find a more quiet spot. If someone dragged mobs on me or they simply ran from another hunter to me, then I let them kill me, since it was cheaper then to pay that much decay on armor and fap.

On CP, in dome 1, there is always the choice of going to the south part of the dome, where there are usually only 1-2 hunters. Things are more calm there and you can almost hunt one mob at a time, which is pretty hard to do in the area next to the dome entrance.

These kind of problems could be easily fixed if MA would implement a simple feature to mob AI: Stick to the avatar that first agroed the mob.

Implementing something like this would make MA loose some of their income from decay and this is why I don't think we will see it in EU anytime soon.

Regards,
Sitram

Mostly happened with me when miners around. Most of them don't really care. :mad:
But if that is a new thing? No, it is not. Years back I already experienced players who have joy to bring atroxes and other nice mobs on you and stand there laughing while you get a crap loot. Btw noticed that mob train loot is mostly poor. :scratch2:
Sometimes I pull a train too and trying to avoid green dots. Sometimes it is not working tho and the dot is running towards me. Oh well. :rolleyes:

These kind of problems could be easily fixed if MA would implement a simple feature to mob AI: Stick to the avatar that first agroed the mob.

Implementing something like this would make MA loose some of their income from decay and this is why I don't think we will see it in EU anytime soon.

Regards,
Sitram

If I remember well it worked like this in PE. :scratch2:

Players are not the problem.
Stupid mob AI is the problem.

When i hunt at ithica i dont mind if 6 trox attack me at once.
But i cant control the fact that they will run off all together once a green dot appears on the radar...

I was hunting Argos the other day and had 2 on me, radar was full of red dots, some noob came up and started shooting at one of the Argos on me and of course it ran to him...

When I had killed the other one that was on me I typed "please don't shoot mobs that are already attacking me" in all chat... His noob reply was "F**k you"... So I ran around gathered up about 12 Argos and ran them to him, he tried to fap to stay alive and failed.... Just as he was about to die I typed "No.... F**k you noob"...

So sometimes there's a good reason to run a mob train at someone...

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

Well played! :wtg:

Would have been ROFL to have seen this!

Fix mob AI. Turn down mob regen. Make all areas Pvp nonlootable. Teach children not to be asses, so the next gen are better ppl.

Really nothing you can do except kill all the damn mobs or have your armor on buttons, take it off quickly and die with no decay.

Fix mob AI. Turn down mob regen. Make all areas Pvp nonlootable. Teach children not to be asses, so the next gen are better ppl.
this would more likely end up with ubers and some mid range who are not killed by the ubers, running around all over the place ganking everyone.

EU = RPG

If thats the role they wanna play, thats their choise, no reason to get upset about it.

Ive never even see this before until just now but...

I was south of Ithaca hunting trox and a player who I wont name ran up, trailing about 5 mobs and stood next to me until they all aggro'ed onto me while I was in the middle of fighting off several of my own mobs. As soon as he lost all aggro he ran off leaving me surrounded to die.

Seriously? What the &#^$...

Ah yes, you've encountered one of the new 'adjusted' mobs, a creature that's even more annoying and less useful than a Merp. Instead of increased HP regen, this one has had the brain function decreased.
Its proper name is Noobius Arseholeus Maximus, although it is usually referred to by a variety of other names - most of which aren't printable in polite company.

jump, its the best solution.

Back