Help: How can a noob survive in EU with 15 ped!

Round 3

Started with: TTVivo - 6,63ped, TTHandgun - 2,04ped, Ammo - 5,52 ped
Time lost: cca 4 hour
(Decay): (1,31ped) TT Vivo - 5,32ped, (11pec) TTHandgun - 1,94ped
Loot: 6,45ped and Sweat 794 Bottles - after Street sell: 9,74ped for Ammo and start a new Saba swunt round...:wtg:
ciuciulix-albums-2360-20652.html

Observation: From the beginning of this experiment I start with maxed Vivo T1 and Omegaton2100... I have enouch skill points! I will try this experiment later with a Noob with no skills for Handgun and Healing Pack....:)

I sweat for 6 hours (most boring thing ever!) in order to get enough for an opalo and 500 ammo...
I got only 163sweat and .93ped TT value of loots from the hunt (last about 45mins swunt).
What am I doing wrong? :scratch2:

[edit]
Oh, I was swunting Daikiba/Exaro young-mature & Combibo young with opalo at swampcamp.
I played for a few months last year, so I do have _some_ skills (have unlocked marksmanship but think I chipped out rifle to get more ammo) but the skill I seem to be lacking is "get loot skill" :D

Heavy duty...

I sweat for 6 hours (most boring thing ever!) in order to get enough for an opalo and 500 ammo...
I got only 163sweat and .93ped TT value of loots from the hunt (last about 45mins swunt).

[edit]
Oh, I was swunting Daikiba/Exaro young-mature & Combibo young with opalo at swampcamp.
I played for a few months last year, so I do have _some_ skills (have unlocked marksmanship but think I chipped out rifle to get more ammo) but the skill I seem to be lacking is "get loot skill" :D

Ok... If you have read the entire Threat you my Friend will see that I suggest to swunt (sweat and hunt) only Sabakumas... not Exa / Daikibas becouse they have not so precious Loot and you need to much ammo to kill this mobs... Sabakuma from this viewpoint is cheaper.... but you must understand that in this times 1k Sweat you can collect very hard... you need more than 4 maybe 5 hours... You have cheap out some rifle skill - you say - this have affected other skills to your avatar and that is another problem know... I suggest to replace the rifle with the handgun from TT and try to swunt snabel male young if you don't like Sabakumas... Good Luck and have patience.... :ahh:

There is one more way of making this "more economical". Make a friend!! If two of you team up and go swunting together you will be damaged much less in the long run as the mobs will on average hit you only half of the time (and hit your friend the other half). However, you regenerate your health simultaneously. Your (admittedly small) chances of getting good loot will be aproximately doubled. But above all it is far more fun going hunting/sweating with a friend. EU is a social game and you will get a lot farther playing together with someone than going it alone. If nothing else you always have someone to complain to (and who understands) when loot is bad....

Great...

Thanks David for your post... I never try this swunt in a small Team... I am sure is a good Ideea and will work... at Fort Ares, where I swunt evry day, are a lots of Bery not just Sabakumas!... :yay:

I would also recommend mining, particularly if you are using sweat to survive. However, definitely bite that bullet and go with ores. You won't find enough ents to stay afloat. I went broke like 4 times with ents from 100+ peds, and then survived for a year without sweating/depositing on ores.

However, I had two socmates previously who mined. One did ores, one did ents, I took both on trips to places I knew were rich. The ores newbie eventually quit and went broke. I think he got a 75% return each time, which is very unusual for ores (sweat for 4 ped, drop 4 bombs, get 3 ped back, drop 3 bombs, get 2 ped back, etc.) The ent newbie hit like a 150% return on nexus finds, also incredibly unusual (VII-IX, iirc...more than a few) our first time out together, before markup.

One reason I would recommend mining is that you have a legitimate shot at something with only 1 piece of equipment necessary and no skills (TT finder is fine.) Even if you die, you can still get it (while with hunting, if you die, you probably have to waste 50% more ammo.)

it can be boring but if you get lucky it can be profitable to sweat and mine.

here are to times at neas I got hofs unamped

first enmater 433 typnolic steam after swunting with a friend
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hall-fame/110955-my-first-hof-433-typnolic.html

2nd time 474 cumbriz
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hall-fame/130006-474-cumbriz-neas.html

sure some luck was involved but I spend many hours sweating and dropping a probe or bomb just to see if i could get a foot in the game.

That's pretty normal. The reason is that you probably don't have the opalo maxxed yet. It takes a really, really long time to get the opalo maxxed.

It took so long, I quit and switched to handguns (1 ammo, 4 damage, same as the opalo maxxed.) After I got some skills under my belt, I switched back to the opalo to max it. One of my favorite weapons ever is the emik S30. It seems to take just as many shots to kill as the opalo. After I got some pistol skills, i switched to the limited laser handguns, after I got some laser skills, then I went with the opalo.

Old times...

Finding big quantity of ore and enmatter with TT minning eqipment was in old version of entropia... in SGA times you will never catch one global with this equipment!... Finding Nexus is not easy because the maps of the continents are not more the same... and of course the resorces are not more in the same places like in the old version game! For Noobs is a big problem to start Minning becouse they don't know where can drop and where can not drop the probes / bombs... even to the veteran players is this a serious quaestion!...:scratch2:

Sorry, I can't recomand for a Noob to sacrifice the last peds in Minning activities and be sure that Fortune will help him... :(

Sorry, I can't recomand for a Noob to sacrifice the last peds in Minning activities and be sure that Fortune will help him... :(

That's just because you've just never done it. :)

I only use the TT entfinder when planetside.

Pre vu10, I recommended for non-depositors to sweat 5k, so they have 25 peds to play with. Ofcourse back then sweat gathering was much faster.
The price of sweat hasn't risen enough to justify the time spent versus peds gained. So I guess you could start off with 15 peds

My advice: swunt longu in a large team.
1 Longu is a low-regen mob, that still has decent "base"-loot.
2 It has nice hp, so it will have a nice load of sweat.
3 It is a low agrro mob, it will not come for you, even you move close past
one. This in contrary to Ambulimax
4 the loot is definately not tt-food
Because of the low-regen you can kill it quite easily in a large opalo based group, my guess is you could also kill it in a large tt-pistol based group.

the problems:
1 Longu are not that close to a teleporter as ambu are in nea's
2 If you find a spot, you need to spread the word, and noobs will have to go there. In the past there were trains to nea's, so you will have to organise this for a longu based spot as well.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:i can hardly survive off of 100 ped 15 ped oh lord

Round 5 (the last one)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:i can hardly survive off of 100 ped 15 ped oh lord

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/members/ciuciulix-albums-2360-20788.html

After 8 hours I finished the Ammo and the TTVivo and this was the sign that I arrive to the end of my "surviving experiment"... Let's see the Results (without Skillpoints):

VivoT1 - 0,26 ped
Omegaton M2100 - 1,51 ped
Sweat 1835 Bottles - 7,14 ped (minimum)
Loot - 10,65 ped (without Mark up)
(Bonus from MA) 42 Kaldon Stone - 1,26 ped
--------------------------
Totaly - 20,82 ped .... :yay:

A small remember: 15 ped Basic Pack (TTVivo & TT Handgun and 380 Ammo) start small Sabakuma Swunt and after cca 5 rounds you have cca 21 ped ! Easy.... :wtg:

A small remember: 15 ped Basic Pack (TTVivo & TT Handgun and 380 Ammo) start small Sabakuma Swunt and after cca 5 rounds you have cca 21 ped ! Easy.... :wtg:

Nice work there, glad it turned out well :)

gz on your quest there ;) i would go nuts ...:laugh:

Happy to see that your plan worked. And Yes, you survived, but I'm still not convinced that you wouldn't have done better on something else besides the Sama's.

But please keep more projects coming, it's always interesting. :)

I was told about this thread (generally) a week ago. I am glad to have finally found it (and a spot for Sabakuma!) and i will definately follow the guidleines that you hvae set up!

Thanks for the help. :thumbup:

Great....

I was told about this thread (generally) a week ago. I am glad to have finally found it (and a spot for Sabakuma!) and i will definately follow the guidleines that you hvae set up!

Thanks for the help. :thumbup:

Very good choice.... but never forget: Sweat just young Sabakumas and just when they are agressive and for you remain just half from the Life-bar, just then begin to shoot with the handgun.... Try to extract the maximum Sweat possible....!

Ok... and please post here your results!... Thanks!...;)

Well I think you made about 8-12 peds... GREAT but @ a cost of 20+hrs

$1 USD PROFIT in 20 hrs spent ? More than your ELECTRICITY lol... :laugh:

Well I think you made about 8-12 peds... GREAT but @ a cost of 20+hrs

$1 USD PROFIT in 20 hrs spent ? More than your ELECTRICITY lol... :laugh:

I am brand new here(as seen with my other thread), but I believe this test was just to see if it's possible to play and have some fun and also survive without depositing *shrug.*

I may give this a shot when I get up to 15 or so ped, sweating right now and only up to about 24 sweat from last night lol.

yes you have right...

I am brand new here(as seen with my other thread), but I believe this test was just to see if it's possible to play and have some fun and also survive without depositing *shrug.*

I may give this a shot when I get up to 15 or so ped, sweating right now and only up to about 24 sweat from last night lol.

It is better to Sweat in Group, in swamp Camp and in Neas... after you have a significant quantity of Sweat you must have patience and LUCK to find one serious Sweat-buyer (thats the hardest part of the game). Actually becouse the Sweatprice is falling down it is havy to come out in profit! But you can have some fun... of course!

MaGicBush
Last Activity: 01-10-2010 01:43

Looks like he gave up. As I'm sure many do.

It is better to Sweat in Group, in swamp Camp and in Neas..
depends on goals. If you are planning on eventually selling evade chips from your years of sweating, Neas may not be the best place to be.

MaGicBush
Last Activity: 01-10-2010 01:43

Looks like he gave up. As I'm sure many do.

Thousands.

15 ped will last 1 daikiba hunt, of which you'll come away with about 5 ped.

Seen several people log out after, never to return.

Back when you could put an a103 or a104 on an opalo and hunt snables at old atlas haven, well, you could have a good time ........

Back