Question: How can we sell our skills

kmpkid

Mature
Hi guys,
I and my lil' sister started playing this game a year ago. After we lost around 4000peds recently, we decided to leave this game until we found something interesting again in the future.
But guys, please help us. We sold our weapons, armors, tools, everything... already. We heard that we can sell the skills too, but how can we get the skills out? How can we valuate our skills? I and my lil' sister have our own avatar, can we aggregate our skills together to sell once?
Thanks in advance.

buy empty skill implants from the auction, buy an implant inserter from the TT (under medical). drag the ESI to the inserter, equip the inserter, select which skill you want to extract and how many points, accept, then sell the full skill chip on the auction.

it is more complicated than that, but that is the short version. one thing you must know is that the minimum esi size is 10ped, so if you buy a 20ped esi and extract 11ped of skills... you will be left with 9ped in coins extra(a huge loss since you paid 500-600% for those 'coins' in esi form). so you must either use the full esi at once, or leave at least 10ped on it.

there is a bit more to it but i'll let you figure the rest out :)

buy empty skill implants from the auction, buy an implant inserter from the TT (under medical). drag the ESI to the inserter, equip the inserter, select which skill you want to extract and how many points, accept, then sell the full skill chip on the auction.

it is more complicated than that, but that is the short version. one thing you must know is that the minimum esi size is 10ped, so if you buy a 20ped esi and extract 11ped of skills... you will be left with 9ped in coins extra(a huge loss since you paid 500-600% for those 'coins' in esi form). so you must either use the full esi at once, or leave at least 10ped on it.

there is a bit more to it but i'll let you figure the rest out :)

So how can I know by that shot, the inserter will extract 11 peds, or something similar? Can we choose how many peds to extract?
Can we aggregate one skill between avatars?
Thanks for your reply.
+rep

So how can I know by that shot, the inserter will extract 11 peds, or something similar? Can we choose how many peds to extract?
Can we aggregate one skill between avatars?
Thanks for your reply.
+rep

use this tool:
chipping optimizer
Follow the directions to scan your skills
Once you have that click on chip out
It will then tell you the TT value of your skills if you put in that you want to chip out till level 0
This is the size ESI chip that you need
This is how much chipped out skill you will have in TT minus 10%

p.s. aggregate is such a big word... i don't understand what it means :) you are probably asking if you can combine the skills? I wouldn't recommend that just chip out both avatars and sell the chips since chipping out will loose 10% of skills and you would have to do this twice in order to combine them and sell them on one chip so it is not advised..

~Danimal

No. It's not the size of the ESI needed, it's the size of the final skill chip. I've seen people lose ped by misunderstanding this, and using too small an ESI.

Chipping Optimiser Instructions said:
If you are chipping out, you will get the final ESI size you will get (after the 10% loss), and the net profit after selling it, after discounting the ESI price

So, to get the size of the ESI needed, don't just add 10% to the final ESI, DIVIDE the final chip size by 90%. (eg if the chip size given is say 5.32ped, you'll need to have (5.32/.9) = 5.92ped of an ESI available).
As that's less than the 10ped minimum, you'll need to use an ESI of at least (10+5.92) = 15.92ped size .. and if it were me, I'd actually look for a slightly bigger one, just to be sure.

Another way to get the size of the ESI you need fairly accurately, use the tool at the top of the Skill Calculator chart on Entropedia. Just enter starting skill points, ending skill points (zero if chipping out fully), clik on the Extract button, and it will tell you both the size of the ESI needed and the size of the resulting skill chip.

Firstly you need to have an implant inserted in order to remove skills. The Implant is sold in the Trade Terminal. You will need the Insterter to insert the implant. Once you have inserted the implant you can then attach ESI to the inserter then equip to remove skills you select from the skill window.

Best to buy a large chip if you plan to remove a lot of skills. Every time you remove skills it will reduce the ESI tt value by an amount as Serica explained in a previous post.

An example is if you had an ESI with 20 ped tt value. You then removed 5 peds worth of skills you end up with a chip with skills on it and an ESI with 15 peds or so depending on the exact value of the skills. If you removed 11 peds of skill chip value then you end up with an 11 ped skill chip and 9 peds returned, not an ESI. 10 peds is minimum of value you can get an ESI back. You want the ESI rather then the peds since the ESI has MU and the peds don't.

So try and find out total value of skills you can chip out and buy a chip that is over 10 peds over that amount so you can sell the last bit as an ESI.:)

Sorry if I didn't do any calculating and my amounts are wrong, just giving fast examples.:dunce:

Firstly you need to have an implant inserted in order to remove skills. The Implant is sold in the Trade Terminal. You will need the Insterter to insert the implant. Once you have inserted the implant you can then attach ESI to the inserter then equip to remove skills you select from the skill window.

Best to buy a large chip if you plan to remove a lot of skills. Every time you remove skills it will reduce the ESI tt value by an amount as Serica explained in a previous post.

An example is if you had an ESI with 20 ped tt value. You then removed 5 peds worth of skills you end up with a chip with skills on it and an ESI with 15 peds or so depending on the exact value of the skills. If you removed 11 peds of skill chip value then you end up with an 11 ped skill chip and 9 peds returned, not an ESI. 10 peds is minimum of value you can get an ESI back. You want the ESI rather then the peds since the ESI has MU and the peds don't.

So try and find out total value of skills you can chip out and buy a chip that is over 10 peds over that amount so you can sell the last bit as an ESI.:)

Sorry if I didn't do any calculating and my amounts are wrong, just giving fast examples.:dunce:

No. It's not the size of the ESI needed, it's the size of the final skill chip. I've seen people lose ped by misunderstanding this, and using too small an ESI.

So, to get the size of the ESI needed, don't just add 10% to the final ESI, DIVIDE the final chip size by 90%. (eg if the chip size given is say 5.32ped, you'll need to have (5.32/.9) = 5.92ped of an ESI available).
As that's less than the 10ped minimum, you'll need to use an ESI of at least (10+5.92) = 15.92ped size .. and if it were me, I'd actually look for a slightly bigger one, just to be sure.

Another way to get the size of the ESI you need fairly accurately, use the tool at the top of the Skill Calculator chart on Entropedia. Just enter starting skill points, ending skill points (zero if chipping out fully), clik on the Extract button, and it will tell you both the size of the ESI needed and the size of the resulting skill chip.

use this tool:
chipping optimizer
Follow the directions to scan your skills
Once you have that click on chip out
It will then tell you the TT value of your skills if you put in that you want to chip out till level 0

p.s. aggregate is such a big word... i don't understand what it means :) you are probably asking if you can combine the skills? I wouldn't recommend that just chip out both avatars and sell the chips since chipping out will loose 10% of skills and you would have to do this twice in order to combine them and sell them on one chip so it is not advised..

~Danimal
Thank you guys for these so comprehensive information. So I got few tools to find out how much my skills will be. But how about the skill aggregation? Maybe my question is not clear enough, out of my english. Suppose that my avatar has 2000 Mining skill and my lil' sister's avatar has 1500 Mining skill. Can we use a large enough ESI to chip all 3500 Mining skill and then sell that ESI. This way we will save a ESI.
Thanks again. +reps

you can buy a large enough esi for both, but the end product will be two skill chips of mining skills. what you want to do is buy a huge esi, say around 1000ped TT, then chip out everything from you and your 'sister'. you will end up with a lot of skill chips and then you can sell the leftover ESI when you're done.

~Danimal

Thank you guys for these so comprehensive information. So I got few tools to find out how much my skills will be. But how about the skill aggregation? Maybe my question is not clear enough, out of my english. Suppose that my avatar has 2000 Mining skill and my lil' sister's avatar has 1500 Mining skill. Can we use a large enough ESI to chip all 3500 Mining skill and then sell that ESI. This way we will save a ESI.
Thanks again. +reps

As I have said above this is not advised to aggregate the chips from both avatars this is why:

Scenario one:
Chip Out Avatar One-100TT Marksmanship >> 90TT Marksmanship chipped out (sellable) * profit of say 800% = 720PEDs
Chip Out Avatar Two-500TT Marksmanship >> 450TT Marksmanship chipped out (sellable) * profit of say 800% = 3600 PEDs

Chips costed say 600% * 600TT = 3600TT - Sales (4320) = 720 PED profit after that is said and done...

Scenario two:
Chip Out Avatar One-100TT Marksmanship >> 90TT Marksmanship chipped out (sellable) * profit say 800% = 720 PEDs
Add Chip to second avatar (only way to aggregate the chips)
Chip Out Avatar Two-590TT Marksmanship >> 531TT Marksmanship chipped out (sellable) * profit say 800% = 4248 PEDs

Chips costed say 600% * 600TT = 3600TT - Sales (4248) = 648 PED profit after that is said and done...

So you can see by the crude example above if you try to aggregate the two skills into one chip you loose more in the bottom line. 72PEDs to be exact... The example above was just all rounded numbers and such it was not taking any real values from market it was just to show you how you would LOOSE by trying to make one big chip.

~Danimal

As I have said above this is not advised to aggregate the chips from both avatars this is why:

Scenario one:
Chip Out Avatar One-100TT Marksmanship >> 90TT Marksmanship chipped out (sellable) * profit of say 800% = 720PEDs
Chip Out Avatar Two-500TT Marksmanship >> 450TT Marksmanship chipped out (sellable) * profit of say 800% = 3600 PEDs

Chips costed say 600% * 600TT = 3600TT - Sales (4320) = 720 PED profit after that is said and done...

Scenario two:
Chip Out Avatar One-100TT Marksmanship >> 90TT Marksmanship chipped out (sellable) * profit say 800% = 720 PEDs
Chip Out Avatar Two-590TT Marksmanship >> 531TT Marksmanship chipped out (sellable) * profit say 800% = 4248 PEDs

Chips costed say 600% * 600TT = 3600TT - Sales (4248) = 648 PED profit after that is said and done...

So you can see by the crude example above if you try to aggregate the two skills into one chip you loose more in the bottom line. 72PEDs to be exact... The example above was just all rounded numbers and such it was not taking any real values from market it was just to show you how you would LOOSE by trying to make one big chip.

~Danimal

Wow, i'm really surprising on this point. Thank you so much Danial, I will keep this in mind.
I want to +rep but the system doesn't allow me to. I will wait and +rep as soon as i can. This is the only way i can show you my appreciation.
Thanks again.

Scenario one:

Scenario two:

~Danimal

In scenario 2 you forgot to add in the extra ESI needed because of chipping it out, then in then out again with another.
ESI tt needed = 100+(500+90) = 690ped tt
Thus:
Cost = 690*6 = 4140
Return = 4248-4140 = 108ped profit
Compared to scenario 1 return of 720ped you would be losing 612ped of potential profit

By chipping back into another avatar b4 chipping back out again, you are wasting a 600% esi of that tt (not even counting an extra 10% skill tt loss)

Hi guys,
I and my lil' sister started playing this game a year ago. After we lost around 4000peds recently, we decided to leave this game until we found something interesting again in the future.
But guys, please help us. We sold our weapons, armors, tools, everything... already. We heard that we can sell the skills too, but how can we get the skills out? How can we valuate our skills? I and my lil' sister have our own avatar, can we aggregate our skills together to sell once?
Thanks in advance.

I read your post last night and it’s been playing on my mind ever since. Why? Because I’m sure at one time or other, most of us have seriously considered selling up and getting out. In fact many have done just that, and come back a while later wishing they hadn’t sold out, and then start rebuilding again from scratch. But the uphill struggle to get back to the old position is normally too much for many and they leave permanently with much regret.

You say between your sister and yourself you lost 4000 ped ‘recently’, do you mind if I ask what you lost 4000 ped doing? Did you buy any new items for example that you can sell later, or was it purely hunting, mining or crafting costs?

I got the impression that it was recent activity that has put you off the game, I’m just interested what changes you might have made in game if the rest of the year went well.

My opinion is that $80 a month “should be” a fair entertainment price to pay-to-play, which probably works out to be £50 a month in my money. I won’t lie I deposit more than that because it is my hobby and I enjoy it. However these days I try to save those high level big ped turnover hunts for special occasions, or maybe once a month activities. For the rest of the month I try to hunt much smaller mobs, I’m a happier person hunting smaller.

Sure it would be wonderful to hunt top end all of the time, but the reality is if you can’t afford to drive around in a Rolls Royce, then you need to do activities that cost much less than playing at that level. The key message here is have a monthly budget and manage your spending activities around that budget, if you are lucky enough to hit a nice big loot then you can expand your activities, and then drop back to normal level when your peds return to normal.

Like you rightly state yourself, you can withdraw any peds in the value of your avatar, be it items or skills. What other game do you know where you can do that? Look at the ped you have liquidated selling all your items and skills, now deduct that from your deposits and then take a fair view of your historical cost to play per month. Maybe it’s not so bad?

I’d like you to reconsider leaving, think about your play style, slow it down for a while. What about the social aspect and friends made online, will you miss them? Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the very best for the future.

Rick

If the value of the ESI (Empty Skill Implant) falls below 10.00 PED, then it is destroyed.

Back