Question: How can you get ComPet support?

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
The ComPet Web site instructs players to create a support case:

https://competgame.com/contact/

I created such a support case under the ComPet Category, and received the following response:

2016-05-19 18:11 You wrote:

Hello, could you please tell me whether or not my Entropia Universe and ComPet accounts are correctly linked together? (I am referring to the instruction in the ComPets invite that says to use the email connected to your Deed holder account when you create a ComPet account.) My name is Marie TheOne Omega in both games.

I think I entered the same e-mail address in ComPets that I used for my Entropia account (where I own my Compet Deed), but I'm not 100% positive, and as far as I can tell, neither game shows any indication of being linked.

2016-05-22 19:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi TheOne,

Thank you for your support case.

All questions will be answered by the Compet team, please go to the Compet part of the Calypso forum: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?263-ComPet-Beta

Check if anyone has encountered the same issue, if not create your own thread.

We also recommend reading through the posted FAQ.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

The question is certainly more appropriate for customer support than a forum post. Did the procedure for contacting the correct support department change, or is the game only being supported on the public forum now?

I am also not able to log into my original account (username/password error that people were experiencing). Is one required to create a new account every reset?

I am also not able to log into my original account (username/password error that people were experiencing). Is one required to create a new account every reset?

So far they whipe the data every time and you need to create a new account.
The linking of accounts seems to have no relevance as of yet except that if you win a season they might award you the 500ped starter bonus for when compet goes live.

What worries me about the compet beta the most is that its already past its original schedule yet the communication is usual mindark style...
In a beta i would expect realtime communication, with someone organising / structuring the bugs/topics and actively seeking dialogue with us testers to get the most out of this precious beta time and be able to release a properly tested game asap.
They may have beta testers 'for free' but i know that i myself have been depositing less in entropia due to spending normal entropia time with compet and im sure others do the same - so this whole beta testing is indirectly costing mindark money since they draw players from where they spent to where they dont spent...
...if they keep going the current beta testing 'speed' then this whole compet beta will take till next year and we will see no updates for entropia at all this year.

Last edited:
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. I personally didn't expect real time communication, but did expect the support case category marked "Compet" to be a valid avenue for communication, as indicated on the ComPet site. :silly2:

The ComPet Web site instructs players to create a support case:

https://competgame.com/contact/

I created such a support case under the ComPet Category, and received the following response:

2016-05-19 18:11 You wrote:

Hello, could you please tell me whether or not my Entropia Universe and ComPet accounts are correctly linked together? (I am referring to the instruction in the ComPets invite that says to use the email connected to your Deed holder account when you create a ComPet account.) My name is Marie TheOne Omega in both games.

I think I entered the same e-mail address in ComPets that I used for my Entropia account (where I own my Compet Deed), but I'm not 100% positive, and as far as I can tell, neither game shows any indication of being linked.

2016-05-22 19:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi TheOne,

Thank you for your support case.

All questions will be answered by the Compet team, please go to the Compet part of the Calypso forum: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?263-ComPet-Beta

Check if anyone has encountered the same issue, if not create your own thread.

We also recommend reading through the posted FAQ.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

The question is certainly more appropriate for customer support than a forum post. Did the procedure for contacting the correct support department change, or is the game only being supported on the public forum now?

Hi Omega,

Why we asked people to link with their same email is to later see if you are a deed holder or not. This way we will send you your 500 ped (IF you won one of the rounds) and the 100 ped value "pack" after the beta phase. People who has managed to download the game without being a deed holder will not receive any ped after the Beta.

So for now, stay tuned until we provide more information about the payouts and other features regarding that. It is still a Beta phase right now and we are working on the game still. Hope you understand.

Due to the rounds we have every week, we have to wipe the system : )

The linking of accounts seems to have no relevance as of yet except that if you win a season they might award you the 500ped starter bonus for when compet goes live.

What worries me about the compet beta the most is that its already past its original schedule yet the communication is usual mindark style...
In a beta i would expect realtime communication, with someone organising / structuring the bugs/topics and actively seeking dialogue with us testers to get the most out of this precious beta time and be able to release a properly tested game asap.
They may have beta testers 'for free' but i know that i myself have been depositing less in entropia due to spending normal entropia time with compet and im sure others do the same - so this whole beta testing is indirectly costing mindark money since they draw players from where they spent to where they dont spent...
...if they keep going the current beta testing 'speed' then this whole compet beta will take till next year and we will see no updates for entropia at all this year.

Hi John,

we are trying our best in our end for a Soft launch soon for ComPet so don't you worry about it! And also just a note, ComPet team has nothing to do with the other teams. We work only for ComPet and the others are working on the other projects.

Hi John,

we are trying our best in our end for a Soft launch soon for ComPet so don't you worry about it! And also just a note, ComPet team has nothing to do with the other teams. We work only for ComPet and the others are working on the other projects.

Since you guys are in the same building and most likely know each other anyways, it would be nice if you(or someone) could give us info on WHO is working on Entropia, WHO is the support for the game that RAISED MONEY for compet, because all we SEE on this forum now is people working on this app, and NOONE working on the f-in game that is actually paying you guys.

Thanks,
True:bandit:

Hi Omega,

Why we asked people to link with their same email is to later see if you are a deed holder or not. This way we will send you your 500 ped (IF you won one of the rounds) and the 100 ped value "pack" after the beta phase. People who has managed to download the game without being a deed holder will not receive any ped after the Beta.

So for now, stay tuned until we provide more information about the payouts and other features regarding that. It is still a Beta phase right now and we are working on the game still. Hope you understand.

Due to the rounds we have every week, we have to wipe the system : )

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply, I guess since accounts are wiped every week the PED bonus is given if you own a ComPet Deed and if you created an account in at least one round.

On top of what you said I originally predicted a 2 person team 40hrs a week could have hammered out bugs on this much simpler program then EU in about 4-6 months max, at least crank out 2+ bug fixes a week. So far they fixed gold not counting correctly and the first day server stability. I up my original release now to about 2 years from now with the current pace they are fixing bugs. Bugs are stacking up and none are being fixed. If released like this not a single person on a cell phone or tablet will keep the app on their device for more then a couple days. They have to compete with all the other games out there that are being done with similar game styles, the ability to compete in arena for money and cash out will not draw many. Shit most games people play build and sell their accounts and will generate way more then doing these compet battles in a buggy game so that's what they have to compete against.

Back