How could a Newb help you make money ?

AndresTalas

Young
Society
Honest Entropians
Lets assume you have a bright, enthusiastic, underskilled and undergeared noob.

How can they help you make money ?

Would their loldps actually help on certain hunts ?

Would them watching for, and calling out, adds help avoid avoidable deaths and damage ?

Are they useful as unarmoured and therefore cheap and expendable bait to bring mobs together for AoE attacks ?

Now, if the answer is "they cant", then thats unfortunate.

But if they can, then its almost certain that you can talk them into doing it for a handful of ammo and the lulz.

Are they useful as unarmoured and therefore cheap and expendable bait to bring mobs together for AoE attacks ?

I did this with a new society mate with punies, worked really well contemplating doing it with several newbies to get the missions outta the way.

I was thinking about "employing" somebody to help me hunt Hiryuus by tagging them and pulling them to me. However, I would have to know this newb personally because I would have to entrust a tagger weapon to her/him since most noobs do not come with such a weapon these days and Hiryuus tend be up high.

Last edited:
How I completed the Merp mission in time:

1) I hired a low depositer to sit in my slep
2) we were in a team
3) Run 50 meters and mob merps ..
4) Blow merps up
5) Run 50 meters and mob merps
6) "see 4"

What did the sweater do?

He looted my merps... from INSIDE the Slep...

How long did it take me to kill 1600 merps? .. About 3 hrs. 1 agility point "check"

I paid him 1 pec for each merp he looted.

How long did it take me to kill 1600 merps? .. About 3 hrs. 1 agility point "check"

I paid him 1 pec for each merp he looted.

Compared to sweating, thats stupid-good money.

Im assuming he was just looting mission items ?

Compared to sweating, thats stupid-good money.

Im assuming he was just looting mission items ?

nah, put team on "shared loot" i was doing all the damage. I just didnt want to loot my merp loot. So he was just looting the mess of merps i would leave behind every 50 Meters. I actually received all the loot.

After an hour we had a good rythym. Kinda regret not doing the whole iron mission now.

nah, put team on "shared loot" i was doing all the damage. I just didnt want to loot my merp loot. So he was just looting the mess of merps i would leave behind every 50 Meters. I actually received all the loot.

After an hour we had a good rythym. Kinda regret not doing the whole iron mission now.

Scam risk is something I'd like to control, but the fact that you could do "more shooting/less looting" was what made having them along worthwhile.

What's the reward of the Iron mission ? Is it something we could encourage by a 'Easy Guide to Slaughtering 2 Zillion Merps' ?

Scam risk is something I'd like to control, but the fact that you could do "more shooting/less looting" was what made having them along worthwhile.

What's the reward of the Iron mission ? Is it something we could encourage by a 'Easy Guide to Slaughtering 2 Zillion Merps' ?

Its not worth it now.... rewards are quite stinky.

I was thinking about "employing" somebody to help me hunt Hiryuus by tagging them and pulling them to me. However, I would have to know this newb personally because I would have to entrust a tagger weapon to her/him since most noobs do not come with such a weapon these days and Hiryuus tend be up high.

What would they specifically need as a tagger weapon ? Would an Opalo do the job ?

What would they specifically need as a tagger weapon ? Would an Opalo do the job ?

110 M gun would work. I used Juelz mckillah to do my Hyruu (spelling).

Or i fyou had SIR 10 from arkadia

The range of an Opalo would be too short because the "the Hiyruu fly too damn high". Well, most of them do. Due to a bug some fly on ground level but sometimes teleport up when damaged. No, you need a weapon with a higher range. Sam listed two interesting alternative to the classic Marber.

Why I mentioned the Hiryuu at all: Before the recent mission nerf many people were interested in finishing some missions with high counts of low level mobs. It would have been a perfect job for a noob to help with that: Herding, looting and so on. Now that the nerf hit the biggest part of these job opportunities are most likely gone. People are not in a hurry anymore. However, the Hiryuu are still a HUGE pain in the ass to hunt, IMHO, a perfect opportunity to hire some help. For most players they have relatively low HPs and the spawns are very poor. If you are lucky you find a few Hiryuu in one spot that you can be reached with a Marber. Most of the times, however, you have to shoot one (with very few shots), jump into your vehicle and search for another one. You spend most of your play time cruising for new victims. A helper (or even multiple helpers) with a tagger could look for more and bring them to you. Right now most people just skip the Hiryuu missions and hunt mobs that make more sense.

Back