Question: How did you get your UBER armour?

How did you get your UBER armour?

• I collected it piece by piece when it dropped in loot.

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • I collected it piece by piece from in-game auction/EF auction.

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • I bought the whole set of armour out-right with a HOF/HOFs.

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • I bought the whole set of armour with my credit card.

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • I acquired my set of armour via loots and auctions.

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • I have an incomplete set.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • I have no Peds and don't expect a loot drop anytime soon!

Votes: 149 61.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
I was just wondering how rarely uber armour drops in loot these days and it raised a question.

Have people collected it piece by piece over many years, either in loot or on auction or did they buy the whole set out right?

I am talking about the good stuff; Angel, Shadow, Eon, Carramone, Chronicle, Mayhem, Sentinel, Supremacy, Vain.

I will put these questions into a poll. The reason being is that if the uber armours stopped dropping with any reasonable frequency a few years ago, then it has to be put to MA that this is not dynamic and the uber armours were more likely to drop in the early years than now. As we all have seen, there is one post every 6 months or so with an armour part worth posting about and we can take these posts as a reasonable indicator of what happens with the rest of the EU population.

I am really interested to see how this poll works out.

Cheers
Bjorn

add a (L) and you will get better results :D

Im in the process of collecting a Angel armor. Will probebly take me a year, year and a half to collect the full set. Im buying pieces from Auction or EF-sales threads whenever i can afford too. Have 2 pieces and a bid on 3rd right now

Voted Collecting them from auction, but then i saw the option I have a incomplete set, so guess that´s what i should have voted. Oh well! :laugh:

doubt you'd call SGA vigi uber, but bout as uber as i will ever get so i have complete set, hope some gets lots in the tiering process and it gets truely rare:)

To loot sone parts to get uber armor is hard and nowsays even harder because MA has theres events to get it. so the only way its to by it because as i know i have had soon about 6K hunting globals and hofs so far ( 90% off the globals and hofs is from big animals and robots ) and the best armor part i looted so far is Jaguar.

Today i have 5 parts shadow and 1 part angel and 1 part L-armor.

Bought with the credit card upright- 5 Jaguar/Tiger/Angel (what was available at the time for all slots).
Dont tell anyone...

I borrowed a set of Supremacy once for a week - does that count?

Carramone - I looted the harness and sold my soul for the rest.

Disclaimer: I do not own any uber armor parts

Uber armors aside I think it would take a good 10 years or more if it is even still possible at all to loot a full set of anything above shogun, gremlin and the like. In 5 years the only thing I`ve got over gremlin was some nemesis footguards from a drone and that was years ago when they first were introduced. I`ve looted just a few pieces of martial(L) and tiger(L). Hell I`ve had to go out in the past and buy pieces of goblin, gremlin, paladin, kobold and others just to complete sets for fear it would takes years or more and millions of PED over a standard markup to be lucky enough to loot them.

Personally I think for EU`s sake the ubers have been created already and they have been made the goal for all players below. And they are not going to create anymore by dropping sets of uber armors and weapons again in any quantity. We will see them as prizes for events that will most likely take someone in uber armor to win. Or one or two here and there as bait to draw people into participating in events as during SGA. And even SGA may have been a last hurrah.

Unless of course the bar is raised once again by either nerfs or creation of yet stronger mobs with higher regen and even more hit points then the current big guys like daspletor, proteron, etc. Then there will be a need apart from one created by an influx of large numbers of new players that stick around for the years it takes or the rest of us gaining uber skills while still running around in vigi and ghost and not being able to fully utilize our skills and contribute accordingly in decay.

BTW I voted I have no Peds and don't expect a loot drop anytime soon!

I wanted to hunt some osseocollum but the armour I had wasn't up to it so when I spotted a chronicle harness in auction at a fair price I decided to buy it and hopefully that would give me the edge I needed.

As it happens, just the harness wasn't enough and as there was some other stuff in auction and shops at decent prices I also bought chron arms, vain helm and angel shins and added a couple of pieces of L spartacus to make my anti-osse armour :)

Things started to get out of hand then :laugh: I swapped vain helm for chron and decided I would try and complete the first ever chron set. After a month or so of PMs on ef and chatting ingame I managed to get the only glove & foot ingame, I then had to buy a 5 pieces set (harness,helm,arm,shin,thigh) in order to get the last 2 pieces I needed.

A quick sale of spare bits (harness,arm,helm) and the mission was complete, I had the first and only full set of chron ingame :D

It's a great set but I later traded it for PoE+peds, and later traded PoE for high tension resolver plus peds. I'm now in gremlin, which works fine for most mobs, but I'm putting together a set of phantom (just missing thigh if anyone has a spare ;))

btw: the whole venture was funded from my sale of an imk2 (bought @165k sold @245k).

I have PM's shadow armor : Poor Man's shadow :)
Bought harnas/helmet/arms/shins from auction in 2006
Looted (first) shadow feet and bought/upgraded thighs/gloves from jaguar to tiger.

These responses are great guys, really interesting stories about how people got their uber armour!
Cheers Bjorn

You left "Scammed an Uber" off the list :laugh:

I'm not sure if you consider Martial SGA an uber armor but but its pretty much on par with angel so ...

I bought or traded for the full set. During the SGA event I looted 3 martial helmets sga (M) and one martial helmet sga (F) and 4 parts vigilante sga 2 helmets and some arms. I traded or sold the Male helmets, vigilante parts for some of the other parts, an amp i was really fond of and miss greatly and totally drained my ped card for the rest of it. Feet from Star. Arms from Famous Trader and gloves from one of Traders mates I think or vise versia ..

Love the set for sure

I bought my Angel after an ATH:tower: loved it for a few months and then sold it:( to help pay for my 4x4 :woohoo:

i'll edit this post when i have looted a full angel set ;):D

missing a option.

i boucht a few parts from a super uber ATH
12500 ped ATH
it made me buy 2 pieces.

the rest i collected after by action or by nagotiating a price where i seen some in a shop.

the last 3 parts i boucht straight with my tax returns for 40 k ped in high price season.
it where also the most expansive parts from the angel u need.

so paid it part by ATH and part by selling old armor and part by direct deposit.

it took me 3 months to complete the whole set

the set can now be rented from me when i don't use it.
together with plating , uber rifles and so on.

see my shop thread, for info

greets, sid

never had a full set, but owned around 20 different uber parts(Angel, Shadow, Supremancy) over the years.. and used and combined in with Tiger, Jaguar or later (L) amors....i always bought what i could get cheap and sold or changend it against other things later...

was always fun to get a new part but only for some days after that its "just another amor", so it was never difficult to let it go then :laugh:

My uber was once a full set of ghost, it seems I surpassed that marque too quickly then to almost complete a set of Jag.
Then to find Jag is insufficuient, as were many armor steps above it to complete a comfortable hunting style.
Now I aim for nothing specific, and I utilise (L) in best endevor to possibly have enough ped one day for an uber set;)

Cheers

Last edited:
I rent them ;)

I own when I can;)

not completed my eon yet... still need tights and gloves, i wont get foots tho, there are a good supply of limited ones... took the normal eon parts over from someone that got the SGA part by part...

I keep seeing the odd Limited Shadow Gloves (m) L and Shadow Arms (f) Limited....wonder if you could get the whole set Limited??

Anymore UBER armour stories? How many Eon sets out there?

was happy enough to loot the supermacy sga footi´s

thougt i would never sell them.

but at the end i tradet them against an Martial SGA Ul + a lot of ped´s

at the end if i calculate the Martial SGA and the ped´s it would be an ATH .:yay::yay::yay:

the footi´s swept to an avatar who had already the most part´s of the supermacy sga

so there is a chance that one time the spermacy M sga armor get´s an COMPLETE

Last edited:
dunno if it can be considered uber, but its uber rare :D

Got a full paradox armor with only the feet missing. Ive looted the harness once and then decided that it would be my main armor and passed 6 months searching in shops, auctions and in EF for pieces. I was very lucky @ some times to get certain pieces that would just pop @ the right time when i had the peds. And that ND decided to sell his set and i snatched the thighs from him.

dunno if it can be considered uber, but its uber rare :D

Got a full paradox armor with only the feet missing. Ive looted the harness once and then decided that it would be my main armor and passed 6 months searching in shops, auctions and in EF for pieces. I was very lucky @ some times to get certain pieces that would just pop @ the right time when i had the peds. And that ND decided to sell his set and i snatched the thighs from him.

Paradox Rox!
I'd love a set...

Back