How do I get in?

AraunasGirl

Hatchling
Sorry, a friend from another game told me about this one and I keep trying to find him online but hes no where to be found, I downloaded the game, and I start up the game type in my login info and press launch but, then what? How do I get into the game? It just brings up this... hm, I guess status window you could call it. It says things about most sold in auctions house and faq and such, it brings that up when I start the game and just refreshes it when I try to launch. I've looked in the FaQ but I cant find anything thats helped me with the problem.

If someone has an answer on what I do next I'd really appreciate a reply. Thank you for your time and help.

It sounds like you're having CTD (crash to desktop) issues, but it's happening as soon as you try to load the game.

Normally, when you click the Launch button, you see a small 'Connecting to the server' (or something similar) window in the middle of your screen, then the game opens up in full-screen mode (no title bar or minimize, maximize, close buttons in the upper right). If you're not seeing this, then there is likely a problem with either your graphics card driver or the card itself.

Go to your video card manufacturer's web site and install the newest driver after downloading it. You'll have to close the game beforehand because you'll most likely need to reboot your PC after the installation is finished.

Once you've done this (or if there isn't a newer driver available), come back here and post a reply as to whether this allowed you to get into the game or not.

EDIT: Oh yeah, what Jazzman said too. :silly:

Brickwit said:
It sounds like you're having CTD (crash to desktop) issues, but it's happening as soon as you try to load the game.

Normally, when you click the Launch button, you see a small 'Connecting to the server' (or something similar) window in the middle of your screen, then the game opens up in full-screen mode (no title bar or minimize, maximize, close buttons in the upper right). If you're not seeing this, then there is likely a problem with either your graphics card driver or the card itself.

Go to your video card manufacturer's web site and install the newest driver after downloading it. You'll have to close the game beforehand because you'll most likely need to reboot your PC after the installation is finished.

Once you've done this (or if there isn't a newer driver available), come back here and post a reply as to whether this allowed you to get into the game or not.

EDIT: Oh yeah, what Jazzman said too. :silly:
Well the video card is brand new only a few months old and was the second best one I could find at the time. unlrdd a even newer ones been made cence then :confused: I'll check out there website on the drivers.

Thank you for you replys.

Thank you Brickwit that did the trick <3
lol now I'm getting that connecting thing and then a "you cannont connect because of your internet connection or the server is down" So I'll get on to lookin that up in the FaQ

Thank you for your help!

wow, im stumped :scratch:

You applied for an account, i assume you cot a confirmation email saying it was approved, you start the loader, pop in at the bottom your login and password, and then hit launch and it does nothing :confused:

Did you click on the link seeing if your comp is up to specs?
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/client/ClientStatus.ajp

EU website said:
Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Minimum 512 MB RAM (recommended 1024 MB RAM).
Minimum 1 GHz Intel / AMD CPU.
Minimum NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon graphics card.
NVIDIA driver 8421, get it here or the ATI driver 6614, get it here.
Minimum screen resolution 1024x768 (16 bit or higher).
DirectX compatible sound device.
3 GB free hard drive space.
DirectX version 9.0c. Get it here.
Broadband Internet connection (ADSL or better)*.

Edit, i see you got it fixed :) nvm

AraunasGirl said:
Thank you Brickwit that did the trick <3
lol now I'm getting that connecting thing and then a "you cannont connect because of your internet connection or the server is down" So I'll get on to lookin that up in the FaQ

Thank you for your help!

You're very welcome and welcome to PE! ;) If the FAQ doesn't help with the connection error, reply again and we'll try to help with that too.

Brickwit said:
You're very welcome and welcome to PE! ;) If the FAQ doesn't help with the connection error, reply again and we'll try to help with that too.
I finally found everything I needed in the FaQ and was on for about 10 minutes for it announced "we will be going down in 5 minutes please logg out" :laugh:

But I am in now thank you everyone who posted to help.

Isn't that just the way it goes sometimes? I have the same luck.

But yes, at least you're able to successfully get logged in and play now!

Have fun and good luck!

:)

also

there are sometimes programs running in your process list that will deny launch, just gotta find the right one

Back