Question: how do i make money

Gmanglh

So I've got about 70 somthing PED, and I used to have about 90, the conclusion I've come to is it seems every activity costs more to do than the profits it yields.

Hunting- seems to get me about about 30%-70% of what it costs to buy the ammo,

mining seems to yield profit occasionally but usually depends on my luck that day. Also I recently upgraded to what ever the standard finder you can buy at the trade terminal is. It now wants 10X the amount of probes it used to and I must ask if it yields 10X the resources aswell or if it's about to bleed me dry.

sweating- I'm under the impression in order to get any kind of money you need to get it in the 1000s and some how getting sweat 1 thing at a time doesn't sound effective (i currently have 33)

questing-so far I've only found outside of the tutorial 3 quests that actually got me somthing (2 were from that guy in camp Icarus, the other was from the guy in south sweat camp) everything else seems to drag me through lvl 50 monsters, get my car blown up, strand me on an island, eaten by car sized fish, and when I finally get done with the quest I simply get thanked :scratch2:

So i must ask what in this game is easy enough for a noob and actually makes $$$

also just a side questions

On transporters I see calypso and space, I've downloaded space and some other planets, but it shows no transporters, how do I unlock transporters in space?

Well, although it is possible to make money, you will not get any answers. You need to be smart about the game, read tutorials, maps, and most importantly skill up a bit.

That is my advice to you.

how do you make money.. the same way you make money IRL.

by doing a job.

jobs:

sweating: you get payed because you save others time who are willing to pay for something that everybody can do
taxying: you carry people around the universe in your quad which you can buy when you deposit some money and get payed for your trouble
healing: you heal hunters, at first for decay and later when you are exceptionally good, you can ask for some additional ped.
hosting events: you can help event hosters by hosting them yourself and get payed for the service you provide
advertising: you get payed by selling taxi-rides for quad and motherships, getting clients for them
owning estates: you deposit money and you buy calypso land deeds which yields 4-6 peds per week
trading: you buy low and sell high or you own a shop and do basically the same.
owning a landarea: you deposit big money and you can earn a percentage of the activitities (hunting/mining) on your landarea
begging: not really a job, but you can get payed for it, if you're annoying enough or saddening.
risking your virtual life: you can go try to grab oil at the oilrig. and die die die die and sometimes get lucky.

there are plenty of more jobs, but most require a deposit, because you need tools. make-up, plastic surgery, coloring/texturing etc etc.
the things you mention: hunting/mining etc.. that;s entertainment. and you pay for entertainment

I find the easiest method to obtaining PED in large quantities.

Is to deposit....good luck

you know Gmanglh "expectations" of a new starter often take me back to when I was first in game around 2005. The hardest thing to get into most new starters heads is the need to have a reasonable amount of money to really get going within entropia.

I remember saying many a time, but I added $20 wheres it gone.....LOL

Not only is it pretty hard, but the skilling you need to do to work up to a decent levels is a big mountain to climb. There are very few that truly make it to "skill levels" that return them enough to play for free. If it was that easy we all would be doing it, and MA would have no income.

MA have made it a lot easier so I undertand for new starters, easier mobs to hunt and good returns if using the right equipment that you are 10/10 hit ability. I hear many a story of newbies getting by with a few $$$ on puny mobs building up thier skills.

If you really want to make it, then you need to add some real bucks, and push for the skies. Give yourself enough bankroll to take you through the bad times as well as the good. Personally I would skip buy the small deposits and depo $100 buy yourself some armour and hunt as hard as you can.....and go for it!!!!

Most new starters though are not prepared to depo $100, and I'm sure many will repsond and say you don't have too. But lets say you did depo $100 that would last you big time without worrying about your ped card. Well it should do on small mobs skilling up.

Just to give you some insight I go on $50 hunting runs every time I go out the door to hunt. Thats 500 ped ammo. It might sound a lot, but once you get going in game and have loads of skills, thats just normal. Look at your input as your way to get output. The more you got to start with the easier it should be. The thing is, you need a decent amount of ammo to even out the loots.

And who knows after that one big deposit, you might not ever have to depo again!!!

Takes peds my friend to get started.

Good luck.

Rick

Fastest way to end up with 1 Million peds in Entropia.

Is start with 2 million.

Best way to end up with 1 Million peds in Entropia: Knowledge, Funding, and Patience

Last edited:
Find a good mentor firstly to learn about this game, then talk about making money later.

You will have to invest either a lot of time or a lot of cash. EU isnt in anyway like other MMO's.
Example, one popular one about 5 years ago it was actually a real grind/achievement to get decent gear now its so easy its ridiculous. ( we all know which one right ) .

EU is a RCE which means to get peds the easy way is to deposit. the hard part is actually keeping those peds and making them work for you so your ped card grows.

Here in EU knowledge of what your doing is the important thing. You also need skills to be able to follow your chosen profession in an economical way.

There is loads of info on this forum which should help you.

On transporters I see calypso and space, I've downloaded space and some other planets, but it shows no transporters, how do I unlock transporters in space?

Missed this :

You cant teleport from one planet to another . You can only teleport from a space station down to the planet it is orbiting.(costs 7 ped)
If you want to travel in space then you need to either get a spaceship( quad) or pay a pilot to take you there .
and you cannot take your stackable loot into space unless you want to risk having it taken off you by a pirate.

A lot of good advice here, but also remember the gear u acquire retains value and the skills you gain also has value, so even though your ped card may decline, you will build up value in items and skills....

but item values can drop overnight...look at the recent broom
and chipping out skills to sell is a complicated, and expensive process.

how do I make money?

I highly recommend taking a job at McDonald's or 7-11. You will earn significantly more PEDs than you will by playing a video game. However, there has been a rumor going around that earning a college degree can have a very positive effect on your ability to earn PEDs. Good luck.

Mine unamped in an area with an average of 110%+ markup resources, pray for your 90% return.

At one point in my EU life i was down to 100ped, and had never tried mining before... picked it up, did that ^, and have now cycled way over a million ped without deposits :eyecrazy:

figure out where to mine using this and trial and error:
http://www.mininglog.com/maps.php

figure out what to mine for using this and the auction:
http://www.entropiabay.com/auctiondata.asp

good luck!

I highly recommend taking a job at McDonald's or 7-11. You will earn significantly more PEDs than you will by playing a video game. However, there has been a rumor going around that earning a college degree can have a very positive effect on your ability to earn PEDs. Good luck.

+1 and interests are pretty low for school loans now a days. Worth the small debt in the long run.

Pretty sad MA. A new person can walk into this game and see how losing money isn't fun...

You should read this first and understand everything that is there: http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/planet_calypso_guide.pdf The best guide there is about Entropia.

*If you can't read that guide till the end then this game is just not for you*
good i updated it with space 4 days ago too, eh? :D

first of, the company running this, also Calypso at the moment, doesn't plan to pay the average gamer to play their game
i am fairly sure if you would own a company, you don't plan to pay your customers more than they invest as well
that said, don't expect a positive return tt wise
the magic words here are "eco"(especially for hunting) and "markup" and "knowledge" as well

to eco first
i said its mostly about hunting, because that is determined with useful weapon choices especially
and makes you spend -less- and thus technically increases your tt return, so you pay less

markup
thats what people pay you to buy your loots
now the average hunting loot doesn't have that much markup, thats why mining tends, read tends, to have a better tendency for breaking even
but you gotta know where the useful markup stuff is

which leads to knowledge basically

do not expect to be paid for playing the game just cause you are around and probably a nice guy. That is not going to work. Work is actually the right cue, as it needs getting information before, likely doing some tests what works best for you, possibly having a spreadsheet save the data.

And no, I don't say it is impossible. I saw enough people, also disciples, who did very well as non depositers. But most of them had at least a bit of background trading going on. Which again needs knowledge about markup. And of course some founding, which you have currently tho.

as to why the missions dont give stuff, especially not the starter ones
thats simple
first, again the company doesn't want to pay you necessarily for playing their game
second, they want to avoid people making new account over new account all the time to grab the easy free stuff, which is against EULA, ToU, or however they call it currently

and i write this here fully knowing that this may give people the idea to do that;
but mainly to give a little pressure on MA to fix this issue :)

welcome on board,

today we gonna be sailing deep south and we may encounter big fishes like ..well you know.

Good luck out there

safest, slowest, and hardest option - buy stuff at tt prices and resell them. Where you can get this stuff is off of friends, or even off of the auction. Finding the stuff is about 3000% easier than finding buyers for the stuff. However if all you paid is tt, you can just tt it if you can't find a buyer and then start over with other stuff.

Once, years ago, there was actually a service that catered to this area.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ution-(STTS)&p=1485471&viewfull=1#post1485471

Back when that existed, I was on of the many regulars that fed items in to it by seeking them out in various places in game.

Sadly, after Joshua Edward Wong stopped doing it, no one else stepped up to the plate to restart it since there was not a lot of interest. However, as more and more planets exist, I suspect it'd be possible for someone to restart it. I think there's actually several individuals in the community who would be willing to back such a thing. It would require lots of work though, as well as a pretty good bankroll, and a lot of cooperation from a lot of parties.

I think the reason Josh quit is because he was loosing too much in auction fees as he was selling through auction a lot - he was selling other ways, but using auction was one of his biggest strategies I think... also he was burning many man-hours in doing the work on it. I suspect that if someone ever did restart a service like that, it would require some work, but it would definitely be something many would probably be somewhat interested in, especially if items available were in specialty stores, etc.

(one vision if it ever was restarted that I envison/wish for would be setting up deals with numerous store owners - sort of similar to what Zombie shops are doing these days... and then sort of filtering the items out so that one shop focuses on armor, one on guns, one on weapons, one on ore, one on enmatter, etc. for each planet - then making it so that if stock is not sold in x amount of days/weeks it will be moved from that shop to it's sister shop on another planet, and all items would rotate through the system to each planet eventually, after a cycle or two on each planet, it would be evaluated by whoever is running the show what to do with the stuff at that time - either tt it or something else - maybe even set it up so that those involved in the behind the scenes stuff running the shops, and investors (if there would be any?), etc. could basically just buy the stuff in the collection at tt prices after it didn't sell, or alternatively buy at discount if it was before that time, etc. Would require a lot of cooperation with a lot of parties to make it happen -- far more than I could put in myself, but I do own a shop and would be willing to play that part possibly, etc. )

It would probably require teaming up with a space delivery team to move items through space - get a mother ship involved, either the captain, or someone who regularly travels...as well as a some shop owners on several planets that are working closely with you, etc. It'd definitely be something I'd be interested in working with is someone did try to restart it, but I don't personally have the man-hours available irl or the team members to start it up myself... maybe you can?... will definitely require many more peds than you seem to have at the moment though.

Last edited:
Similar to points in mastermesh's post, I operated a mall shop a few years back - Commodore's Community was a spin off from one of a great number of store tweaks, optimizations and promos. I ran advertising campaigns, had a website for logging and promoting my sellers which in-turn boosted sales for my shop and increased interest.

This is the fancy schmancy end of the game, and it really can yield returns. However whilst it's a passion, it's not pew-pew. It has costs and massive time drain closely matched to any return you might make. Just like in real life, your one lucky person if you gain any serious pleasure from your job (if you're a student, then I'm sorry to break it to you, life can suck). Nobody will pay you money for no reason, if that was the case, all things being equal, the entire world would have exactly the same amount of money in their pocket (actually a very small amount!). You get paid for providing a service that someone benefits from and that they can't easily do themselves with respect to time / money / will.

People often forget the 'benefits' bit, offering crazy useless services and expecting riches or 'equal' aka 'fair' share of hunting loot. So you ran around with your FAP-5 or Vivo T1 and heal someone for an hour or two, don't expect 50% of a 100ped global, whilst this seems like magical riches to you, the hunter is barely braking even WITH the magical swirly stuff, honestly you've got the big loot if you get given 5 ped.

If you're genuinely serious about being successful, you need knowledge. A good mentor will provide you will a concentrated distillate of Entropia as they've experienced it. This can be extremely valuable and stop you making expensive mistakes early on. However it won't make you as experienced as them, you need vast amounts of knowledge about this 'game' having this allows you to make many cancelling assumptions and calculation short-cuts that with time bring you to the point that you'll be able to make decisions on gut reaction or with quick thought of the likely mechanics involved.

Aside from the very true point made by others, that bringing money into EU is far easier than taking it out (shock horror), I'll offer you an idea that is surprisingly rare. Everything you do, do as you would if you were in front of your mother, father and the Queen (president or other figure of national respect). Behave with respect to others and for yourself, treat the game world as a chance to do something extra-ordinary but with the same attitude seeking success as in real life. If you jump on the tables when your in somebody's house, you might think it's fun because you wouldn't do that in real life - you've made a grievous mistake, that person thinks you're a noob.

Why is that a problem? You'll live a long time here, and you'll inevitably encounter the same people many times in the future. So you want to trade with someone, maybe they're not too sure of the items exact value, do they trust you? Who would you trust, the noob running around screaming profanity jumping on everything or the smartly dressed personable guy who befriended you and made a positive impact.

Something I found helpful, was to create a back-story for my avatar. This is a bit of fun, and can be as far fetched as you like. It's important to tie it into Entropian Lore and the environment you inhabit as best you can. Then behave each time you login as if you're taking another step as that character and live the story - develop and experience the Entropian Universe through the eyes of your character. This will stop you coming home from work after a bad day and pissing off loads of people with a foul attitude. I'm not even suggesting you should be sweetness and light, many people are successful and known for being anti-social, but they do it within a framework and people know what to expect. Maybe one day you'll find out if you have Orange Juice inside you, that person is likely quite nice once your back in town, but in PvP you'll know that green dot is very red. Be consistent, if you blow hot & cold, people will forget you quickly. I've had conversations years later with people who I'd not thought I'd had much impact on, the way you behave is more important than the MU of your gun.

I hope the message you take away isn't just that Entropia isn't about free money, but that you really do have the ability to forge your destiny here.

If you want to profit you need money to make money, simple.

It is important to remember your skill gains are worth money. You need a lot of skill to make money so its best to just have fun while getting your skill up then once you high skill then you go to work hunting,crafting,mining all day.
When I was a middle noob I made good profit mining in pvp 4 of course there is a huge risk but i got lucky and was smart so not a big problem for me. Experience makes all the difference you just have to figure out your own way.

Loot A Modified Hedoc Mayhem, yep, that way!:)

If you want to profit you need your money to make MORE money then you spend. ;)
And if you have no money to make money with, get the money first ;). This formula is how people usually end up with a lot of wealth. Using their starting capital to get more in an investment of some kind.

Just follow these three steps and you will profit:

1.Visit Twin Peaks 14.34 UTC
2. Visit Port Atlantis 14.52 UTC
3. ....
4. PROFIT

About the third point, it was too obvious to type it out.

Anyone who says you need money to make money either has too much of it or too little of it. That goes for both in game & rl.

There are a ton of unconventional, sometimes no (ava) skill required jobs in EU that pay exceptionally well. The reason you dont hear much about them is quite simply because most players in EU have a very simplistic approach to conducting their professions in EU (with the exception of eco and stats type details) so with most these jobs arent available with them (even though they could be). The smarter ones (few and far between) have them if you know how to look for them.

Granted my profession centered around PK (Planetside) and Pirating (Space) and so most of these jobs i refer to are in aid of PK'ers and Pirates. But there are other unconventional non PVP related jobs that dont require you to have money or skills that pay way better than the common jobs mentioned here so far.

If youre a smart cookie, you dont need to wait for them to get "smart" or to find the "smart" ones.

PS : I am not going to mention all the PK/Pirating jobs simply because some pkers and pirates have since adopted many of these tactics which would ruin it for them if i mentioned them in detail.

GL

DCF

how do you make money.. the same way you make money IRL.

begging: not really a job, but you can get payed for it, if you're annoying enough or saddening.

Some good advice but this one, really BAD. Don't...do...this!!

Most of the players paid their own real money to get ahead in this game and it's insulting to them for n00bies to beg for freebies. Not to mention very annoying to everyone in the area. If you want to make enemies, be a beggar. In real life, beggars you can actually sympathize with are those who are poor, destitute, have no place to live and no food to eat. But in a game? A beggar who can afford to download & play a game on the internet in the comfort & safety of a nice warm house?!

No. Don't beg. Ever.

So I've got about 70 somthing PED, and I used to have about 90, the conclusion I've come to is it seems every activity costs more to do than the profits it yields.

To be perfectly frank, everyone asks this question and you have hit the nail on the head. Every activity in game that is pre-programmed in, such as hunting, mining, and crafting will cost more to do than it gives back in the long term. Even people that make large globals usually have large costs associated.

Playing Entropia Universe is like this: The core aspects (hunting, mining, and crafting) are the tasks you expect to pay to do. They make your character better, in hopes that you will eventually pull a high ticket item to offset your expenditures by improving your efficiency and your scope of available activities, thus increasing your exposure to demand items.

You make money by trading demand items of different value to other players.

You can also make money by thinking sideways a bit. Instead of the game, think of how to interact with people socially and give them things they may want, using EU as a community instead of a game space.

In short: You dont get money by doing basic activities. This game isnt 'the great cash giveaway' lots of people seem to want it to be. You'll probably still need to have a job somewhere else while you build assets. It took me 3 years of play to actually begin to make money at this game.

Back