Question: How do you measure distance?

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
Simple question, really. I see quite a lot of posts saying things like "plant bombs every 50 metres" and people occasionally set up impromptu treasure hunts with a given distance radius from somewhere.

There's hardly a grid set up, so how do you measure distance in the first place?

Simple question, really. I see quite a lot of posts saying things like "plant bombs every 50 metres" and people occasionally set up impromptu treasure hunts with a given distance radius from somewhere.

There's hardly a grid set up, so how do you measure distance in the first place?

1 coord in Y or X = 1 meter in Y or X... ?

Press "p" to get coordinates. One unit of coordinate grid equals 1m.

Press "p" to get coordinates. One unit of coordinate grid equals 1m.

Mesure this with another person and use your radar as a fast reverence.

Stand next to the person, run 50 meter using the coordinates, look on radar where that person is now.

If you want to get more into it.
On some mobile phones etc you find this sticky transparant plasic to protect the screen. It dont uses glue.
Find a piece of it, stick it over your radar on you screen.
Set out diferent distances like 50m, 100m, 150m and mark them on the sticky sheet.

Now every time you get ingame, stick it over your radar and you can alway's mesure distance more exact ;)

Cheers.
Ion

Last edited:
It seems that the continents are hardly continents then - more like smallish islands. :)

Anyway, thanks for the info.

It seems that the continents are hardly continents then - more like smallish islands. :)

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Cute:)

+rep for asking a question I'm sure alot of newer players want to know:)

a good idea: when you're dropping bombs, drop one. then, count to 20 or so, and drop another one. you're sure to have gone 50 meters, maybe 100. Because, your original "circle" (area where your finder is) was, for a starter finder, about 110 meters across. if you run for 20 seconds, or even 30, u'll get to about 100-130 meters from where you dropped your first bomb. Then, drop another one, because it'll be in an all new area in which you haven't looked, giving you (maybe) more chance of getting a find then standing in one area.

when you get a claim, use it as starting point and run 55m (or whatever your usual distance between 2 drops is) away in a straight line while the finder is still open. finder shows distance to your claim. count the seconds you need for that distance and you know how long to count in the future for time between drops.

Back