How does Looting work in Space?

chevrons

Stalker
Society
Sanctuary
Givendale Chevrons Skelton
I assume when a spacecraft is destroyed, the occupants then float in space before reviving at a space station.

- is the interval in which they can be looted 10 seconds?

- does all the loot (if any) go to the person who first uses the Loot action?

- if there is a team, is the loot split ?

- can anyone nearby loot? (Suppose there are two allied ships, one strong, one weak, and the weaker is destroyed by an attacker. Can the strong ship retrieve the loot before the attackers, fly off, and return the loot?)

If it takes many ships to destroy a mothership, isn't the loot distribution afterwards going to be a big argument? If there are 50 dead avatars, but only one with lootable goods, can they all be looted in 10 seconds?

Additional question from my side :

- When an ava is floating in space, after his spaceship got shot to pieces, can he fap himself ?

Its just like pvp4, not like looting a mob. So you dont have to specificaly loot them. It comes to you when you kill them.

So when you blow up the aircraft, you instantly get the loot that is stored in its storage ( if any).

The you will see the occupant floating beside the dead aircraft, you shoot them, and you get the loot they have on them. You dont have to do anything apart from kill them. You have to be quick though, the very second they are ejected from thier dead aircraft, the countdown starts.

You must kill them before they choke, it dont now how long exactly it is, but its plenty of time to kill a couple if a mother ship got blown up. Remeber the guns do alot of damage.

There is nothign they can do ( except emote) they can equip anything or move around. Teh just have to hope the choke and die before you can shoot them.

If you are in team, it depends on the settings. If you have it to damage loot shared, then its splits the same way as looting a mob. So if i do half the damage, and so does my friend, the loot will get split between us, i dont know if you even have to be in team for this to happen. May just happen regardless.

Looks like this - just like normal PVP

When the person is ejected from the aircraft, anyone else can kill him, but they would have to be very close to be quick enough.

Last edited:
OK, thanks, I think I understand now.

You need to use two lots of ammo, one to destroy the spaceship, another to kill the avatar (who is defenceless).

Hunting with unknown partners is still going to make loot sharing problematic though.

I do see one possible difference with PvP4 - there, there must be a good chance that if you kill someone, they would be carrying something lootable; in space will that still be true? I wonder if the cost of ammo will make PK'ing uneconomic?

YA PvP lootable on stackable items in all space is totally lame. I hate that aspect only... Rest of space is cool. Will hurt crafters and in turn hurt auction and economy on all planets.

-- K-Max

OK, thanks, I think I understand now.

You need to use two lots of ammo, one to destroy the spaceship, another to kill the avatar (who is defenceless).

Hunting with unknown partners is still going to make loot sharing problematic though.

I do see one possible difference with PvP4 - there, there must be a good chance that if you kill someone, they would be carrying something lootable; in space will that still be true? I wonder if the cost of ammo will make PK'ing uneconomic?

Yes you must first destoy the ship ( to get them out of it) then kill them.

Yup a team of pirates would either have to have an agreement with each other, or just each take the chance that they will loot/

It depends on who is travvelign in space. Right now almsot every avatar in space has loot on them - welding wires. Once they become unlootable then those just travveling for fun wont need to have any. But those trading between planets will have loot, and thats who the pirates will go after.

You can see the occupants of an aircraft also :cool:

i thinks it's about 20-30 seconds b4 you acctually die.. so quite long

havn't tried if you can fap or shoot though

Can a player that have not destroy the ship, kill the avatars and loot them?
Is it possible to be at the side line of a battle, and when a mothership is destroyed, "swoop in" and loot avatars from the mothership?

if you wear clothes with space textures and shadow helmets, are you less easy to spot?

(like Peter Gabriel in sledgehammer)

if you wear clothes with space textures and shadow helmets, are you less easy to spot?

How about black ninja suits?

Can a player that have not destroy the ship, kill the avatars and loot them?
Is it possible to be at the side line of a battle, and when a mothership is destroyed, "swoop in" and loot avatars from the mothership?

I presume so.. but havent actually tried. Has anyone tried it? Ill give it a shot tonight if we get a chance.

Nah not really, once the smoke from the blown up ship clears, it is pretty easy to see the avatar. It might give you a second or 2 advantage to be wearing dark clothes, but they will still see you quickly. You know which way they get ejected anyway, and how far from the ship, so you know where to look. Dont know about mother ships though.

What happens if a passanger log out from the game? Where will he be when he log in again?

What happens if a passanger log out from the game? Where will he be when he log in again?

Revived at closest revival :) (either the closest space station on mother ship if you are on the guest list)

Perhaps more relevant is that the logout time is 20 secs, so assuming this is still the case, if he is quick, he would reduce the time to get looted to this. But he won't know if he's been looted until he logs back in at the nearest space station.

If he is a passenger on a ship which doesn't instantly get destroyed, but is fighting, might he even escape completely?

Perhaps more relevant is that the logout time is 20 secs, so assuming this is still the case, if he is quick, he would reduce the time to get looted to this. But he won't know if he's been looted until he logs back in at the nearest space station.

If he is a passenger on a ship which doesn't instantly get destroyed, but is fighting, might he even escape completely?

Yes, logging out works perfectly well.

When I entered space carrying some stackables back to Calypso and started to get shot at, I simply logged out. My VTOL was empty, so the person who destroyed it gained absolutely nothing. When I logged back in again an hour later, I was just floating in space, choked, and revived with welding wires (and other stackables) still in my inventory. Then just repaired my craft, and went on my merry way. :)

For cargo transporting, the safe thing to do is have two people in a VTOL - the gunner having the valuable materials. That way as soon as someone starts shooting, the pilot just has to buy the passenger enough time to log out. :)

Ya why would you not quickly press ESC, press logout and hit "logout now without waiting" when a red dot enters your radar to avoid being looted or PK'ed. The only participants in PvP lootable are going to be those that want to participate they could have just made PvP lootable zones and you could choose to use them or travel an extremely long route around those zones to avoid them. I predict people logging in and out often when they see red dots on their radars to even avoid being shot at. I for one don't want this virtual thing I payed many USD for shot to crap for someone else's entertainment much less getting looted..... I should be able to choose to get it shot to crap for my enjoyment when traveling from planet to planet, is this not suppose to be my investment to have fun and draw my interests to deposit cash into the game?

I will be one of those instant red dot loggers when not in safe zones for sure, especially if I have something to loose.

I DO NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN PVP LOOTABLE IF I DON'T WANT TO DANGIT MA!!!! YOU ARE SO DAMN EVIL!!!!!!!!

-- K-Max

Are the contents of storage containers carried in inventory lootable in space?
Are the contents of storage containers carried in vehicle storage lootable in space?

Are the contents of storage containers carried in inventory lootable in space?
Are the contents of storage containers carried in vehicle storage lootable in space?

Yes :silly2:

and different types of boxes too

and hit "logout now without waiting" when a red dot enters your radar to avoid being looted or PK'ed.
-- K-Max

Just so you know...just because you hit that doesn't mean you are logged out. Your avi is still there for the entire 20 sec countdown...

Just so you know...just because you hit that doesn't mean you are logged out. Your avi is still there for the entire 20 sec countdown...

I am just so totally pissed off with MA for doing space as PvP Lootable to get to a planet... All my shit is stuck on one planet now because I like to carry it with me for crafting on different planets, I don't want my shit to be looted by some prick that gets a woody for killing another player... I am really hating that company they have morons running it.... I personally stop depo'ing until it is fixed so I can enjoy playing the game in space dam it... They don't deserve the right to get my RL cash because they don't respecte the player who does not enjoy PvP looting game play. PvP would have been good everywhere and lootable in areas but as is it is total F'n BS.

MA is just totally EVIL!!!!!

-- K-Max

Ya why would you not quickly press ESC, press logout and hit "logout now without waiting" when a red dot enters your radar to avoid being looted or PK'ed.

Not been in Sapce myself, but I understand Radar is disabled, as it is in Planet PvP, so you will not see red or green dots, just the first damage message.

Nevertheless, logging out quickly appears to be a possible avoidance of being looted; moreover if you are over half way, you even end up at your destination.

Not been in Sapce myself, but I understand Radar is disabled, as it is in Planet PvP, so you will not see red or green dots, just the first damage message.

Nevertheless, logging out quickly appears to be a possible avoidance of being looted; moreover if you are over half way, you even end up at your destination.

Even worse you can't even get a heads up that your screwed.... My issue is they force you to play PvP Lootable. I loose enough fricken PED just trying to play non-PvP and now there is a chance I could loose more to other players and I have no choice about it when going through space. I'll not visit any other planets if that's the case, may as well TT all my shit, I did not work for last 8 months collecting crap so I could start being an effective crafter just so I can loose it all to some prick that just likes to shoot at a person that does not want to play his type of game.

I did not participate in PvP and I would not ever willingly participate in PvP lootable. I like this game because it gave you that option, if I wanted I could check it out but I was not forced to do it until now. If nothing is done in next couple VU's I am seriously considering just cashing out and quiting EU because the game lost the aspect I enjoyed.

They start removing your freedom of choice soon you will be stuck in a no choices game at all. The only way to protect freedom is to not remove any aspect of freedom. Once on piece is lost the entire point of freedom is lost.

-- K-Max

Opps sorry it posted twice for some reason...

My issue is they force you to play PvP Lootable.

lol.. you act as if MA has a gun to your head telling you to load up all your stackable items then go to space and fly around blind.

lol.. you act as if MA has a gun to your head telling you to load up all your stackable items then go to space and fly around blind.

Oh piss on it. I'll just let it drop. MA has pissed me off I will not go into space until there is some way to travel from planet to planet without being looted and I absolutely refuse to deposit any more RL cash until this becomes so. I hate PvP and now I can't goto another planet unless I play PvP and PvP lootable makes it that much worse for me to play.

MA just lost a continuous depositor that's for sure. I was even going to deposit some more tonight so I could go into space. Screw that.... SPACE CAN SUCK MY SWEATY BALL SACK.....

-- K-Max

Oh piss on it. I'll just let it drop. MA has pissed me off I will not go into space until there is some way to travel from planet to planet without being looted and I absolutely refuse to deposit any more RL cash until this becomes so. I hate PvP and now I can't goto another planet unless I play PvP and PvP lootable makes it that much worse for me to play.

MA just lost a continuous depositor that's for sure. I was even going to deposit some more tonight so I could go into space. Screw that.... SPACE CAN SUCK MY SWEATY BALL SACK.....

-- K-Max

I fully fkn agree. No more depo

opportunity??

-- K-Max

So...listening to all the arguments about why people don't want to go into PVP space...it sounds like the Motherships might actually have a job opportunity, right? If they can provide a safe delivery, guaranteed, or "insured", would you pay them? how much? would it be less than the old TP fees?? I'm not sure how many people they can load into a MS at one time, but imagine 50 people, all paying 10 ped each, less for frequent flyers or gunners with skills?? :) That would be an easy 500 ped per trip... I think i'm starting to see what MA might be thinking...anyone else agree?

i simply think it's fun seeing space as a hostile invironment where you can be ambushed at anytimes so much more exciting

i simply think it's fun seeing space as a hostile invironment where you can be ambushed at anytimes so much more exciting

Exactly what a Pk'er would say..... To each their own... I refuse to be a part of PvP Lootable or supporting MA in anyway for making planet to planet travel that way and sticking people on a planet unless they play PvP Lootable....

-- K-Max

Back