How does Rocktropia earn income?

To extend the question - does each planet partner have the ability to design their own items alone or is it done under MA's guidance?

For example, could a planet partner populate their world with high decay items? Conversely, could a planet partner become a 'bargain' world with very low decay?

I think planet partners have limited ability to design items. But ofc MA have to approve all the items which are designed = MA controls the economy.

So in theory planet partner "could" populate their world with high/low decay items.

Im not gonna go into it, but there are a ton of ways for these game developers and planet partners to make a heap of dosh from external sources, especially with this sort of gaming platform. Inspiration is all around, they just need to open their eye's.There really is NO REASON for these guys to be sucking "fan" base dry. No prob with lining your pockets as a business, but why take so much from your supporters when other sources can easily compensate a drastic cut in your reliance on your supporters for funds.

I put it down to a lack of vision plain and simple.

same way ma makes money. and i guess ma get's a portion of that too.

To extend the question - does each planet partner have the ability to design their own items alone or is it done under MA's guidance?

For example, could a planet partner populate their world with high decay items? Conversely, could a planet partner become a 'bargain' world with very low decay?

from what i read , things are separate that way :
Planet partner make design,advert...
MA , make function , balancing , maintain server.

So , for a weapon for exemple , the planet partner make a new weapon, he create new design ,and say the stat he wish for the weapon.Then MA , evaluate the weapon , and make the finalk stat of the weapon (so the decay)..
MA have the final word for the balancing sake.
Same go for loot, planet partner can just make wish at MA , but the loot balance is MA who make it...
For exemple , a planet partner can no build 2000 aparterment to sell ,or 50 LA..since they are linked to PC.

I guess , if a planet partner make a planet not linked at all to the rest of EU beside for travel he maybe will get more freedom to what he do.

Well I am not sure like you, because only "from decay" means that return rate is allways 100% of bullets. But that is not true!

They have fixed costs, regardless of the number of players who we are and how much is our deposits. Therefore, if the deposits are less, also take money from the loot. Basic Economics friend.

Ammo is considered decay as well. Also when materials are used up in crafting. That is decay. Auction fees are also decay. We as players have a tendency to only think of decay as our equipment. MA looks at decay as anything that reduces the number of peds in circulation, or "decays" the number of peds in the economy.

So MA takes all of this amount and spits back whatever percentage to the player base that they have determined.

In the model for the other planets, the percentage to the player base remains the same. MA then gets half of what is left, with the other half going to the planet partner.

Ammo is considered decay as well. Also when materials are used up in crafting. That is decay. Auction fees are also decay. We as players have a tendency to only think of decay as our equipment. MA looks at decay as anything that reduces the number of peds in circulation, or "decays" the number of peds in the economy.

In the diferent MA documentation , decay is cleary discribed as the part MA take from the item that got used.they exaplain , every time you use an item , a part of its value is used.
So , amo burn , or material in crafting are not decay.
Auction fee , is not decay , its a fee...It end up in MA pocket , but , its not decay.

Well I am not sure like you, because only "from decay" means that return rate is allways 100% of bullets. But that is not true!

really? how do you know that the total returned to the player base is not "100% of bullets" as you put? you're thinking in individual terms rather than system wide.

well thats a bold assertion. ammo is consumed. so is crafting materials. "decay" implies that somthing is left afterwards. Auction fees are exactly that, fees, and im sure its been stated they return to the game economy. we only think of decay of our equipment because that is the only thing that decays.

In the diferent MA documentation , decay is cleary discribed as the part MA take from the item that got used.they exaplain , every time you use an item , a part of its value is used.
So , amo burn , or material in crafting are not decay.

But you can't fire a gun without the accompanied ammo burn to go along with it. You could say you're just decaying your ammo stack as well.

And if I craft say basic filters, am I not using the value of my oil and lyst? Those are items too. They may not be equipment, but I don't see how that is any different...

The problem with these so-called 'planets' is that they have zero connection to the storyline of Planet-Calypso whilst retaining the internal systems, i.e. the user-interface, the physics, the mechanics, the items and the game-play.

What is the purpose of RockTropia? What is new, and completely revolutionary about RockTropia?... In 5-6 months, it will lose it's player-base. In a game where no more than 50,000 players play simultaneously, what exactly IS the good in having ten other planets? I just don't get it.

If it was up to me, I would develop a planet that would instead INTEGRATE into the storyline of Planet Calyso, themed around it. That way you already have a rich and stable storyline provided by the courtesy of MA, and you have your own freedom to extend your creations as you see fit.

Oh, and in my opinion, Motorhead doesn't even produce good music :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
But you can't fire a gun without the accompanied ammo burn to go along with it. You could say you're just decaying your ammo stack as well.

And if I craft say basic filters, am I not using the value of my oil and lyst? Those are items too. They may not be equipment, but I don't see how that is any different...

well you can make what ever theory you wish...And they all will be true to you as long as you believe them...It does does not mean they really are true.

here is one of MA explaination
Each tool, weapon, clothes, basically everything a player can utilize has a specific basic value. This base decreases by a certain preset amount every time an object is used until it reaches almost zero value and has to be "repaired".
This explaination cleary set what is decay and it has nothing to do with amo burn...

The problem with these so-called 'planets' is that they have zero connection to the storyline of Planet-Calypso whilst retaining the internal systems, i.e. the user-interface, the physics, the mechanics, the items and the game-play.

What is the purpose of RockTropia? What is new, and completely revolutionary about RockTropia?... In 5-6 months, it will lose it's player-base. In a game where no more than 50,000 players play simultaneously, what exactly IS the good in having ten other planets? I just don't get it.

If it was up to me, I would develop a planet that would instead INTEGRATE into the storyline of Planet Calyso, themed around it. That way you already have a rich and stable storyline provided by the courtesy of MA, and you have your own freedom to extend your creations as you see fit.

Oh, and in my opinion, Motorhead doesn't even produce good music :rolleyes:

MA ask to planet partner to come with innovative idea , not with a copy paste of callypso...
They want to keep callypso like it is , and somehow leader...and they dont want other planet to be same...
For me , if it was just to make many callypso , that would not bring anything better... 1 or 10 what is diference ?

I still agree with you that rocktropia is a bit crapy...The idea and concept seems messy...Its more or less take monster from general RPG and name them after rockstar...imho kinda lame...
I was hoping for something with more spirit and more attention to the whole rock story...and if it was an excuse to bring some sex and drug at least it should be nice... that vixen bot or auction is very ugly...she looks like hooker from serie B when they go in crap place of dirty city in the porest state of USA...nothing to do with what we imagine as a rock ladie...

Also i dont see why , other planet can not be diferent than calypso?and still be total in storie line...
For exemple , you can travel to a planet where there is still primitive people , or even more futurist , or planet with theme...
I dont see why limit to calyspo stille...after all , every planet can have a diferent evolution and population...
Take a look at the movie avatar...dont you think a planet like that would be nice in EU ?

MA ask to planet partner to come with innovative idea , not with a copy paste of callypso...?

Do you think a planet partner can design their own HUD?

Do you think a planet partner can design their own HUD?

I guess not,but only way to know is to ask MA...
In other hand , its somehow easy to make it possible.HUD can work with "skin" like we see now in many softweare.So it could get a design , but still have exactly same function.
But i think this will take a wile before MA do it , since HUD can "create" bug that lead to abuse or problem...
For exemple when you put item in auction , MA have to be sure it works flawless for every player in every planet , same for decay and so on...
so i guess , its not possible for now , but can be possible in some future.

Personaly , i am not sure as player i would like it...
I like when things are neat , easy to use , and all design same way...
I allready have some problem with the curent panel , since they dont all go together...It looks like it diferent piece of code stolen here and there , and not 1 nice interface...
So imagine to have everything put at diferent place on every planet you visit...
it will be an open windows to the mistake...
If a planet make the TT that looks like the repair terminal of an other planet and you TT your item because for you , you are curently repairing...

If something like that is made , it must come with rules...to avoid problem for player.

here is one of MA explaination
Each tool, weapon, clothes, basically everything a player can utilize has a specific basic value. This base decreases by a certain preset amount every time an object is used until it reaches almost zero value and has to be "repaired".
This explaination cleary set what is decay and it has nothing to do with amo burn...
I agree with what you quoted... However, this explanation only describes repairable items and does not mention ammo or craftable items. It does not explicitly say that these are handled any differently as far as "decay" is concerned... ;)

I agree with what you quoted... However, this explanation only describes repairable items and does not mention ammo or craftable items. It does not explicitly say that these are handled any differently as far as "decay" is concerned... ;)

You can turn things the way you wish...
They say they make money from decay and fee...i quote what they call decay... i can give you quote of the fee ( it say auction and shop fee , but i guess also flat fee)...
for the rest , it should be back in economie...
I dont know for fact how it work , i am not the one that code entropia...
I can just quote what MA write , after you decide what you want...
MA say , they share 50/50 they income with planet partner , and that income is decay and fee...

They dont speak about crafting material , or amo , or fruit , or sweat , or....
also your comment sound to me like what we can see about american lawyer...they need to have all detail explain explicit, not because they are dumb , but just because they are snake chacal...
In the end , it make all the eula , rule and contract for what ever impossible to read or to understand for human...
I got my internet ISP contract send me again last month...Its 3 page full of text write in 5pix font...
That must be 20 or even 30 page of normal text...All write in lawyer language...
After 1 hour reading , i still dont know the basic information i want to know as user : WTF is the guaranti speed of my connection...

Maybe one day , MA will make list of all item , with all diferent cost and say what go wherer...but i guess they have better to do right now...

I'm think il stick with Eve for now.

There used to be many years ago a player that created a completely new skin for EU, it was really well done, and if I remember correctly it was early 20th century style EU.

Too bad it was not allowed, I think they even banned him.

But it showed how you can just by changing the gfx interface create a really new and cool looking game.

Also EU is completely based on the slot machine principle. And I think with that same principle and a little bit of imagination you can really create a cool new game that is very different from the calypso we know.

Just like with one set of cards you can play a very wide variety of games.

:scratch2: i think we will need a planet partner or NeverDie to shed some light on this subject for they are the one's who know ^.^

:scratch2: i think we will need a planet partner or NeverDie to shed some light on this subject for they are the one's who know ^.^

I dont think they know much more than us on that subject...They get the same blabla ( or almost same) from MA...
Ask LA owner if they know something...
The only thing they know is once per day they get a message with the number of ped they win...
I guess system is probably better for planet partner , but i dont think they get all exactr detail for every thing...
The only people that know for sure are only some chosen on in MA office.

I'm think il stick with Eve for now.

A great idea. That game is still sci-fi, the reason Ive joined EU in the first place.

Back