Question: How far in until you give up a hunt?

linzhizun

Provider
I've been told that when a hunt is going bad I should give up to cut losses and switch mobs. The question is, what would be a good indicator that you should probably not continue on and just try something else?

Theres really no right answer, it depends on your budget, bankroll, the person, etc... For me, I hunt mobs within my bankroll so dry spells dont hurt me so I can just keep on trucking through as I kill enough to get back to good returns.

Wanting to give up on a hunt because it's going bad in order to cut losses is usually an indicator that you're hunting outside of your bankroll's range. Best to just hunt at a level you're comfortable with even when running poorly.

Wanting to give up on a hunt because it's going bad in order to cut losses is usually an indicator that you're hunting outside of your bankroll's range. Best to just hunt at a level you're comfortable with even when running poorly.
You're right but I mean I guess I can afford the losses but my thinking is can I avoid unnecessary losses or will it follow me around

makes no difference if you dont have expensive wep, large bank roll and lots of time, skill level to hunt mobs that drop sufficient amount of MU items, it will end bad unless you pop a lucky loot - imo

so mortgage your house, buy a 90% eff wep, quit your job, hunt mobs ubers hunt, win events and hope it all works ;)

switching mobs can help i guess but never worked much for me tbh

makes no difference if you dont have expensive wep, large bank roll and lots of time, skill level to hunt mobs that drop sufficient amount of MU items, it will end bad unless you pop a lucky loot - imo

so mortgage your house, buy a 90% eff wep, quit your job, hunt mobs ubers hunt, win events and hope it all works ;)

switching mobs can help i guess but never worked much for me tbh
well I'm slowly saving towards an lp-40 perfected or anything else similar but its rough

well I'm slowly saving towards an lp-40 perfected or anything else similar but its rough
cool i hope you get to it - but just a wep is not enough but def will make it better it seems

dont get caught up in the hype - people make a living here selling over price stuff - prices are at full on retard levels - like most stuff in the world atm

cool i hope you get to it - but just a wep is not enough but def will make it better it seems

dont get caught up in the hype - people make a living here selling over price stuff - prices are at full on retard levels - like most stuff in the world atm
yeah I don't plan to buy at a reseller's price, if they don't wanna sell thenthey don't wanna sell :p

I've been told that when a hunt is going bad I should give up to cut losses and switch mobs. The question is, what would be a good indicator that you should probably not continue on and just try something else?
Very easy this one. When the fun stops, stop. ;)

You don’t give up a hunt, make the mob give up the loot.

Takes a large number of kills to get to your expected return. That’s why the best advice, I suppose, would be to always avoid hunting outside of your bankroll and/or skill level.

If your at like 60% returns after let’s say 250,000 kills, then you can give up.
That won’t ever happen though, so…

You need to track in larger sessions and not focus on the single run.

I love this game but I can’t sit 5 hours shooting something forever. I’ve never really cycled more than 1k peds in a hunt. After 100 , 200 or 1000 peds I just stop and do the math. I don’t use those fancy programs to see my spending or loot return %. If it’s crap it’s crap, if it’s good it’s good.

Hunt within your level as the others have mentioned. That will help with the dry spills for sure. That way you have that buffer. I personally don't swap mobs. Returns seem to be the same regardless. The trick is finding that perfect median. Which you will.

I currently have an LP-40, Perf. (in love), (Used other FEN items as well and owned others). The "inflated prices" are people not understanding the worth and math behind these high efficiency weapons/gear. I do understand some people asking WAY over the current value of some. So I am with you there. You will not regret the transition to either FEN or TWEN gear. More pew pew bang bang. I am looking forward to TWEN and hope we can get some new items and gear as well!

Happy Looting! GL on TWEN looting!

If your at like 60% returns after let’s say 250,000 kills, then you can give up.
That won’t ever happen though, so…

You need to track in larger sessions and not focus on the single run.
so how long does it take to do 250,000 kills? of anything but 10 hp mobs?

Months? Weeks? Depends. My point is to look at your larger session data and not single runs
understood - my point was to point out that for a game that long of a time frame is silly - and the $ cost is also silly and I think a big reason why sooo many just quit - which seems to be the MA business model.

People in this game use big numbers to deflect the fact that loot sucks most times (except for some players) unless you get a lucky hit.

if they did 250,000 kills and loot still was low people would just say hunt more, you didnt do it right, you tracked wrong - its comical as there are so many other factors that are at play. Mainly having a nice weapon which is not obtainable for most players for various reasons and straight up greed of those that hoard them.

this is not directed at you and apols if it seems like it is, as it is in your thread.

if they did 250,000 kills and loot still was low people would just say hunt more, you didnt do it right, you tracked wrong - its comical as there are so many other factors that are at play. Mainly having a nice weapon which is not obtainable for most players for various reasons and straight up greed of those that hoard them.
Just curious who exactly is hoarding loot 2.0 weapons? I'm seeing the opposite in the trade section

I heard the same. But I also heard you don't stop shooting a mob with good MU because loot is bad so I chose the later and I hunted a mob for a longer period of time - I hunted caperons for 2 years straight. Sometimes loot was good, sometime loot was bad, overall MU made the difference (back then - today might be different).

Lucky hits are a myth (except amale's ofc :D ) - for someone not planning to quit, a "lucky hit" will even out and what matters is what you do before and after. I got more than 5 5digits in 2022 but tt for the year was negative by a lot, but profit after MU. Chasing the hits will go bad. Ask the EP4 crafter, the 5 ATH guy.

You can assume loot events are independent.

Ludvig can comfirm :sneaky:

Just curious who exactly is hoarding loot 2.0 weapons? I'm seeing the opposite in the trade section
maybe hoarding was the wrong word but there are a few players over the years that seem to just constantly have a ton of hi end gear -my perception could be wrong but one thing for sure - there are no decent weps that the average player can loot unless you are very lucky to get a "rare" token bunt then good luck looting enough other token to pull a wep.

maybe hoarding was the wrong word but there are a few players over the years that seem to just constantly have a ton of hi end gear -my perception could be wrong but one thing for sure - there are no decent weps that the average player can loot unless you are very lucky to get a "rare" token bunt then good luck looting enough other token to pull a wep.
Yeah mainly Resellers and Advertisers are doing these kinds of sales in caly trade. Helping people advertise, selling their own etc. A lot of players have multiple setups. Seems to me that people are just trying to unload some gear that is locking up PED. In my case, I wanted to upgrade. Others, not so sure. Having multiple loot 2.0 weapons holds a lot of PED. Great deals out there for sure I have seen. GL with TWEN everyone! Chase the MU!

If you dont get any good sellable loot for 5k peds maybe? Like you should get that missing 5% or very close as ppl seem to get 95% back, also needs to drop some nice stuff on top of that

Back