Question: How is loot value and loot composition worked out on shared mobs?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I remember there were statement(s) made about this prior to loot 2.0 and from what I remember the amount of damage dealt by each avatar was important and affected their loot. However I wasn't able to find such statement(s) on the forum.

Anyway that was prior to loot 2.0 and I'm wondering how loot value and loot composition is calculated on shared mobs?

Edit:
What may be interesting is also how loot value and loot composition is calculated in teams? because there may be similarities to shared mobs.

Last edited:
bump, also interested in peoples thoughts on this.

The way I understand you get % of loot depending on how much you spend on mob, that's why you see people use Swine Deluxe or Grindhouse on a boss to force items, too bad Roman Ram Purifier is no longer in game it would be absolutely king of this. Sometimes items fall outside tho and it seems a bit random, but general rule most spend get item.

Well... from my not so many dealings with boss mobs, mostly Traesk Matr, I arrived at this (Example).

Three ppl shooting.

A – 20% of what went into the killing of the mob
B – 30% of what went into the killing of the mob
C – 50% of what went into the killing of the mob

L00t consisting of 30PED Stackable1, 40PED Stackable2, one item 70PED. Total 140 PED.

Outcome:

A – 6PED Stackable1, 8PED Stackable2, Total 14PED
B – 9PED Stackable1, 12PED Stackable2, Total 21PED
C – 15PED Stackable1, 20PED Stackable2, 70PED Item, Total 105PED

in 50% of all cases.

A – 6PED Stackable1, 8PED Stackable2, Total 14PED
B – 9PED Stackable1, 12PED Stackable2, 70PED Item, Total 91PED
C – 15PED Stackable1, 20PED Stackable2, Total 35PED

in 30% of all cases.

A – 6PED Stackable1, 8PED Stackable2, 70PED Item, Total 84PED
B – 9PED Stackable1, 12PED Stackable2, Total 21PED
C – 15PED Stackable1, 20PED Stackable2, Total 35PED

in 20% of all cases.

Expected L00t:

A – 28PED (80% 14PED, 20% 84PED)
B – 42PED (70% 21PED, 30% 91PED)
C – 70PED (50% 35PED, 50% 105PED)

Fits the distribution of what went into the killing of the mob.

Corrected according to what Ferial mentioned (see below).

Last edited:
The way I understand you get % of loot depending on how much you spend on mob, that's why you see people use Swine Deluxe or Grindhouse on a boss to force items, too bad Roman Ram Purifier is no longer in game it would be absolutely king of this. Sometimes items fall outside tho and it seems a bit random, but general rule most spend get item.

What do you mean by fall outside? outside of what?

Also people do all sorts of things is that theory of % of loot depending on how much you spend on mob based on anything?

Considerations are that the kill is likely to be faster, so less regen, thus lower cost to kill, thus better composition.

People with poor efficiency have higher relative costs, so are lowering the quality, but the average quality will have been higher. They thus hope to leach off the higher efficiency of other shooters.
I don't know how true that is, nor whether there are any more special mechanics for teams or shared mobs now.

Sometimes, I might get 5 of something for 5 peds, but have only spent 1 ped and only a couple of percent of the kill. If that were balanced loot, then the mob as a whole should have been a global, but wasn't. Thus, I assume that stacks are also not split evenly according to a 'fair' loot share, but I don't do much mob sharing, mostly dev spawns, for example.
Often, spending 1 ped could get me as little as 5 pecs of loot, though, so overall it may be balanced... somehow...

It's based only on loose observation, f. ex when there is event on Toulan to loot pages everyone and their mother show up with a Swine Deluxe and shoot rare spawn, and guess who loot page.. You could say a swine has relative high dps, but I don't think it will be more effective than say a mod nano. It cannot compete on spend or damage. So biggest and baddest win basically. And by outside I mean you can get lucky and get a item like I have many times got a what I feel like was a undeserved Bio ID from feffo pit by shooting small gun just got lucky.

Sometimes, I might get 5 of something for 5 peds, but have only spent 1 ped and only a couple of percent of the kill. If that were balanced loot, then the mob as a whole should have been a global, but wasn't. Thus, I assume that stacks are also not split evenly according to a 'fair' loot share, but I don't do much mob sharing, mostly dev spawns, for example.
Often, spending 1 ped could get me as little as 5 pecs of loot, though, so overall it may be balanced... somehow...

Stackables can only be broken down to units, obviously.

When you have 4 shooters and 1 Spleen Oil in l00t, one shooter will get the 5PED and the others nothing.

The loot calculation for creatures with shared loot is now based on each avatar’s input, rather than damage. (Optimal loot is calculated based on the performance of all avatars involved in the creature kill).

This change happened post 2.0 and I think it at least somewhat clearly answers your questions, doesnt it?

This change happened post 2.0 and I think it at least somewhat clearly answers your questions, doesnt it?

Yes, thank you for that. Although it raises the question of who loots the item(s) and what that is based on. I realise most people will assume that is also based on input.

Although it raises the question of who loots the item(s) and what that is based on. I realise most people will assume that is also based on input.

That is the one question we'll probably never get answered in all of this.

It could work in so many different ways and it is almost impossible to isolate variables to test it.

The predominant theory I have seen is the one you describe, more input = highet chance. Whether that would be because you are able to hit some sort of "threshold", enough TT loot to fit the TT of the item dropping, or it would be a "simple" cost% ticket system where if you do say 50% of the cost you get 50% of the chances to loot the item when/if it drops, or any other is probably always going to be speculation.

The way I see it, I change nothing for these shared loot settings. I shoot my normal setup and don't try to manipulate my input in any way. If I end up getting an item, that's cool. I primarily do the shared loot as a way to take a break from the grind anyway

Back