How long does the skill boost last?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I was shooting low level Drokas (1-4s) and I am in the middle of the 10K ission so I have been shooting them for a while. I don't recall ever being killed during this entire mission. Well all of a sudden I got a blue cloud (might have been green it happen so quick) and a big banner that said I now have skill boost. It put a little icon down by my name. I fired maybe 5 or 6 shots and BOOM crit hit and I was dead. I won't even tell you how peeved I was as you can tell by the title. Anyway the icon immediately went away. Crap!

However, here is the real interesting part. I have cut my runs and mobs way down because of the terrible loot cycle I am in to be able to play longer on less ped. My runs before were around 250-500 peds depending on the mob, now 50 ped on much smaller mobs and much smaller weapons. I kept a very close eye on my skills and found that on a normal 250 run I would get about 1/2 of a percent increase on laser carbine i.e. had 90.00% when I started and 90.50% at the end. So every 2 runs I would gain 1 full % more or less. I hadn't not checked the gain in a while so I thought I would see how much of a gain I would get after 5 50 ped runs. I was about 3/4s of the way through the second run when I got the boost and then got killed after the 5-6 shots. I healed, cursed and finished the run. I looked at my increase to see if I could tell anything from the boost and guess what, I had gained just over a full percentage point, like 1.03% in that very short period of time.

My question is does anyone know how long the boost is supposed to last or have you had one and timed it? Also are there different levels of the boost, like 2X or 3X ?

Sorry about the long post for a small question and please let me know you thoughts and answers to the questions.

TIA
Peace.

Last edited:
/mod note/ Moved thread to correct section and renamed it to something more appropriate.

3.3 - Thread Location
Please make an effort to post new threads in the appropriate forum or subforum. Posting threads in the proper section makes the forum easier to browse for all members and visitors, and reduces the workload for our volunteer community staff. If you are unsure where to post a new thread, please take the time to read the forum descriptions in order to familiarize yourself with the focus of the various available forums and subforums. Threads posted in an inappropriate forum may be moved or deleted without notice.

/mod note/ Moved thread to correct section and renamed it to something more appropriate.

Ok, but I bet I hardly get any replies because I don't think this forum gets the traffic that general discussion does and I would really like an answer.
Peace

There were a lot of extraneous details in that post, so I'm not sure if I got the message... are you saying that in the short time you had the skill boost, you got a lot of extra skills?

got a 150% boost over 5Min 30 on BLP weapons

got a 150% boost over 5Min 30 on BLP weapons

I had the same boost...

Can't say I received much extra skills though during that time frame as the hitboxe issue prevented me to killing much in that time span.

There were a lot of extraneous details in that post, so I'm not sure if I got the message... are you saying that in the short time you had the skill boost, you got a lot of extra skills?

I have to say yes because I was keeping an eye on my skill gains as I said above and it did go up over 1% and I had the boost for not more than a minute, more like 30 seconds if that. And prior to the skill boost I had only went though 75-80 ped in ammo. And based on past experience the 75-80 ped spent on ammo should have got me about .10 to .18 of a full percent.

Anyway I am not complaining just seemed like a lot.

just hold your mouse cursor over the little green box that appears above your health bar. it will say the % skill gain and duration. obviously each bonus varies cuz mine was 19% bonus for 7 minutes if i remember correctly.

Thanks Sleeper found that out by accident last night as I do most things in EU. Also my original post about getting a bunch of skill gain well that must be the way to do it, get the skill gain icon then die because l got it again and did not die and got very little if any boost that I could see. I was 5 minutes at 146%.

Finally got a boost of 5mins for 50%.

How does one get a boost?

i got 100% for 4 or 5 minutes, but the death canceled it earlier

I think its random I got 2 skill boost in over 4hrs 5mins 146% and 6mins 140%. Yesterday i got 1 7mins 150% playing for 8hrs.

i got one for 5 mins 10%

Skill boost weekend
16% for 5 min, translocator boost
57%for 5 min, BLP weapon
58% for 7min 20, BLP weapon
69% for 5 min, BLP weapon
93% for 7 min, BLP weapon
150%for 5 Min 20 BLP weapon

Last edited:
Quoting myself from another thread:
Now, you can even get a new skill boost while the previous one hasn't expired yet. And yes, that new 24% boost will override your remaining 57% one...

Not that this matters much, just FYI.

just a question : does the time extend or is it resetted?
also a question : does it affect our loot?

Got 79% in BLP Weap for 7 min 25s ;)

Question: does the timed boost go on top of the Neurobiotic booster?

Got 26% BLP Weapon for 3 mins

skillboost_long.jpg

Seems i got the smallest boost possible :)) Hunting puny's : 9% laser weapons for 5 minutes 0 seconds :)

And yes it's random :)

Seems i got the smallest boost possible :)) Hunting puny's : 9% laser weapons for 5 minutes 0 seconds :)

And yes it's random :)

not quite smallest: (0% for 7.5mins)

i can help with the tracking:
5min 40%
5min 150%
10min 155%

all BLP booster, hit with adj asg-3

i had 2 skill boost in a 1k ped run on atrox, once was at about 500 peds burn, the next was when i was at about 750 peds burn. First was 36% I think, for 5 minutes, the next one was about 160% for 5 mins. Both for BLP skills.

Not sure if you can get boosts for sweating / defence.

And it will suck if it decides to give you a boost to fap skills when you happen to heal on occasion during a hunt.

i had 2 skill boost in a 1k ped run on atrox, once was at about 500 peds burn, the next was when i was at about 750 peds burn. First was 36% I think, for 5 minutes, the next one was about 160% for 5 mins. Both for BLP skills.

Not sure if you can get boosts for sweating / defence.

And it will suck if it decides to give you a boost to fap skills when you happen to heal on occasion during a hunt.

my 0% boost came on my tagger, so yeah im sure a fap boost can happen while fapping during hunt

Back