How low will it go?

I gotta throw in my two cents here for Rick. There's some things you need to understand. EU isnt the same EU as it once was. For someone to gain, someone HAS to lose. Unless MA is investing some kind of money themselves into the game while also turning over a profit, it is inevitable.

EU is also 13+ years old.

What people did back then doesn't quite apply like it does today. Consider this, the knowledge people had back then wasn't as much as it was today. Now, there's more vets or mid level players with more knowledge about game mechanics than before. Getting less items in loot had to happen eventually, If there's endless, constant supply, you'' be TTing Shadow Armour like its pre-gold, where would crafters find work?

Most players that come out of the noobie stages understand that being economical is important. What happens when you mentor and arm more and more Entropians with this kind of knowledge?

The bar gets raised. You now need even better equipment to get an edge on everyone else. If everyone is using bukins rifle to hunt, the economy would reflect it. So how do you get an edge in this bukins rifle only economy?

you now need to use bukins rifle combined with any ring that increases efficiency and decreases costs in any way. Or, say, an si hk110 with a zx sinkadus.

but what if everyone had si hk110s plus the amp and a basic ares ring?

then to get an edge you need a perfected or modified ring, easter ring, summer ring, anything thats better than the basic ring.

Or further still, perhaps you have income comming in from AUD's or CLD's, LA's, whatever. Then you can absorb greater losses then those that do not have other sources, they would need higher MU to break even, but since you have income from other sources on a passive basis, that gives you room to play with, getting larger stacks, holding off on selling because you predict a positive change in MU, able to afford selling at lower MU even to beat other competitors if needed and have more ped turnover and possibly more profits from selling more at a bit less on a regular basis... etc...

I can go on

If the bar keeps getting raised on skill and knowledge, then at some point, whatever you would previously do to get an edge, will no longer be enough.

As far as I can tell, its still very much possible to profit on a regular basis, you just have to be smarter than the average.

The point is you need to adapt, understand whats changed, and act accordingly.

Whether its change your strategy in EU, sticking to the same, or just straight up quitting EU, its up to you.

I gotta throw in my two cents here for Rick. There's some things you need to understand. EU isnt the same EU as it once was. For someone to gain, someone HAS to lose. Unless MA is investing some kind of money themselves into the game while also turning over a profit, it is inevitable.

EU is also 13+ years old.

What people did back then doesn't quite apply like it does today. Consider this, the knowledge people had back then wasn't as much as it was today. Now, there's more vets or mid level players with more knowledge about game mechanics than before. Getting less items in loot had to happen eventually, If there's endless, constant supply, you'' be TTing Shadow Armour like its pre-gold, where would crafters find work?

Most players that come out of the noobie stages understand that being economical is important. What happens when you mentor and arm more and more Entropians with this kind of knowledge?

The bar gets raised. You now need even better equipment to get an edge on everyone else. If everyone is using bukins rifle to hunt, the economy would reflect it. So how do you get an edge in this bukins rifle only economy?

you now need to use bukins rifle combined with any ring that increases efficiency and decreases costs in any way. Or, say, an si hk110 with a zx sinkadus.

but what if everyone had si hk110s plus the amp and a basic ares ring?

then to get an edge you need a perfected or modified ring, easter ring, summer ring, anything thats better than the basic ring.

Or further still, perhaps you have income comming in from AUD's or CLD's, LA's, whatever. Then you can absorb greater losses then those that do not have other sources, they would need higher MU to break even, but since you have income from other sources on a passive basis, that gives you room to play with, getting larger stacks, holding off on selling because you predict a positive change in MU, able to afford selling at lower MU even to beat other competitors if needed and have more ped turnover and possibly more profits from selling more at a bit less on a regular basis... etc...

I can go on

If the bar keeps getting raised on skill and knowledge, then at some point, whatever you would previously do to get an edge, will no longer be enough.

As far as I can tell, its still very much possible to profit on a regular basis, you just have to be smarter than the average.

The point is you need to adapt, understand whats changed, and act accordingly.

Whether its change your strategy in EU, sticking to the same, or just straight up quitting EU, its up to you.

The whole point was more succinctly stated by Red Queen to Alice:

“My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.”​

:)

Back