How many of you guys would buy a charicature (cartoon version) of yourself as a picture to put in your virtual apartment?

GolGotha

Old Alpha
Society
Desperate House Men
Metrale GolGotha Litago
Hey guys. I've been a long time player in PE, and I've also fancied art for awhile. I've been experimenting with some caricatures, which are funny, "cartoonized" drawings of people. I was wondering how the community would respond if I started drawing these for individuals and if they'd actually get bought. The process would work like this: you send me the picture you want me to draw and specify the frame you want (I'll try to get some examples up soon). I then put it in a shop, where you can pick it up at your leisure. We can agree on a price before it goes into the shop. After you pick it up, you have an entertaining picture of yourself or a loved one to put anywhere you'd like :) Caricatures IRL are usually about $5-10 depending on how many people are in the picture, so I'm thinking the price would be relatively cheap. I wanted to post here to see the type of response I would get because I don't want to get started and have no fan base :) Thanks a lot for reading, guys, I appreciate it.

PS: If you already want one, PM me and we can get the process started :) Also, mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move it or let me know. Thanks so much.

+Gol (Brent)

EDIT: Very rough examples provided below on this page. I will see if I can do a more professional one sometime this week, when I have the time.

Last edited:
Would be nice to see an example ;)

thats a great idea :)

it would be a nice item to pickup after a nice hof/global :) i would certainly think about it, would u also be able to email a copy of the pic? it would be kinda cool to be able to print out a irl copy as well :D

thats a great idea :)

it would be a nice item to pickup after a nice hof/global :) i would certainly think about it, would u also be able to email a copy of the pic? it would be kinda cool to be able to print out a irl copy as well :D

Well, what I would have to do is make sure that the actual item gets bought before I could email a picture. I've known some people to get the picture in the email and refuse payment thereafter. But that is definitely available after the picture is bought :)

I second that. an example would be nice.

I have an example that I'll re-draw. My scanner wasn't working so I tried to darken the lines and it looks terrible. Actually, you know what? I'll post one of myself in a bit along with a comparison picture :) They're just rough sketches on lined paper, but all versions drawn for clientele would be drawn on plain paper and (unless drawn very well) touched up in Photoshop.

I hate to rain on your parade Sweetie, BUT ... this thread is in violation of
Rule #20 as follows ...

Rule # 20
Affiliate or referral links posted with the intention of personal gain are NOT allowed. Advertising real life items or services is also NOT allowed, including such posts as “I’ll make you a nice signature for PEDs” or "Cheap web hosting for societies". If you would like to advertise on EntropiaForum, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every forum page. Similarly, promotion of or posting links to charities or other services soliciting donations or money are prohibited.

Eventually, I'm sure a Mod will come along and close the thread, so perhaps what you could do instead is to advertise in the suggested way by contacting 711. :D

:scratch2: Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think you got it right MS9.

It seems he's offering personalized caricatures as PC content within EU. In other words, framed pics, much like many others have.

Not sure how that breaks Rule #20

MS9 brings a good point, but I think the PC items are a grey area.

Really...PC items use RL content or artwork to make their pictures. This isn't that "paperdoll" game where we can make custom items in-game.

So, technically, anyone advertising the selling of any PC items is selling items that were generated IRL and have been digitized and imported to PE.

MA themselves created the PC-content items, which I like. Are we going to stay with the rules and move ahead? Are we thus impacting the PC-content makers, but still let all of the armor, weapon, attachment, tool, etc crafters to go on? Tha sale of PC-content items is dependant upon the desires of the customer, much like tailors can mess with skins and colors to fit the whims of their clients. Cannot PC-crafters do the same?

Dunno...this seems like and exception is in order, but I understand the need to avoid the slippery slope...

Edited pictures out.

Last edited:

It seems he's offering personalized caricatures as PC content within EU. In other words, framed pics, much like many others have.

Like I said, it's a grey area we should look into. If we could draw pictures in-game, no problem, but much of the artowrk in PC items are simply digitized versions of RL items...

Must be the freakin' Baja Blast I picked up at Taco Bell on the way home from teaching class ... I absolutely DID misinterpret your post GolGotha, so please forgive the biological basis for my impulsive behavior. (that's right, blame it on the Baja Blast) ... I also had to go off on a student after class today for reasons which will be revealed in my Diary post when I get there, with my take on educational responsibility ... but for now ... how sweet would it be to have my purple ass immortalized in a cariacature or cartoon image, eh? Count me in for sure.

And Mr. JC ... thank you my dear for setting me straight, and for doing it so eloquently without being flaming or rude. Who luvs ya Baby! Time for another beacon run? :wtg: (don't answer that here, it'll take it off topic!) :laugh:

I hate to rain on your parade Sweetie, BUT ... this thread is in violation of
Rule #20 as follows ...

Eventually, I'm sure a Mod will come along and close the thread, so perhaps what you could do instead is to advertise in the suggested way by contacting 711. :D

I'm confused. I'm not actually advertising yet, I'm just seeing if there could be any feedback. But also, what is the photographer doing. Is it Freyr? I can't remember the name offhand, but I've seen threads like his around. This is a virtual item that I will provide, just as other artists are doing :scratch2: I really hope this doesn't apply.

Must be the freakin' Baja Blast I picked up at Taco Bell on the way home from teaching class ... I absolutely DID misinterpret your post GolGotha, so please forgive the biological basis for my impulsive behavior. (that's right, blame it on the Baja Blast) ... I also had to go off on a student after class today for reasons which will be revealed in my Diary post when I get there, with my take on educational responsibility ... but for now ... how sweet would it be to have my purple ass immortalized in a cariacature or cartoon image, eh? Count me in for sure.

Oh :) Great. Thanks MS9. When I get the ball rolling, I'll send a PM your way.

:eek: As I said ... perhaps I jumped the gun, because others have done IRL artwork and have uploaded it to EU to show off in art gallery exhibits, and have made their work available for sale in EU frames to hang wherever within EU, so I would imagine this would come under the same venue, BUT ... I understand Frigid's take as well. However, whether there's a gray area or not, when it comes to a thread like this, only the Mods have the last say as to whether it crosses the line regarding Rule #20.

I just know that I recently purchased a Silva Mak piece of art, and it's hanging proudly on my apt wall in all it's brilliant colors and symbolism ... LOVE it! :yay: So I guess we'll see where this all goes. Oh ya, I'm also waiting for a Lykke original as well, but there's no pressure there whatsoever, the Nun has lots to do IRL at the moment with the Priest.

Seems to me it's a question of subject matter and if this is true, the argument is irrelevent. Art is supposed to be uploaded into the game. MA made it so.

Because it is the likeness of the buyer makes it against the law?

I'm not following that logic....:scratch2:

Seems to me it's a question of subject matter and if this is true, the argument is irrelevent. Art is supposed to be uploaded into the game. MA made it so.

Because it is the likeness of the buyer makes it against the law?

I'm not following that logic....:scratch2:

I'm pretty sure everything is alright. If the mods come in, they will explain everything :) I was just hoping to be able to get some fan base here. Also, examples are up :)

Seems OK to me. As long as the end product will be an in-game item I think its alright as far as Rule #20 goes.

Like I said, it's a grey area we should look into. If we could draw pictures in-game, no problem, but much of the artowrk in PC items are simply digitized versions of RL items...

It varies a lot actually. Also are not EU weapons, armour, hats, pants, haircuts, chairs etc digitised versions of things I am sure I have seen somewhere else... :)

no more rule 20

Now that Jimmy has made a ruling , maybe this thread can continue down its path of introducing GolGotha's unique offer.

What a great idea .. I would be thrilled to hang one of these on my future apartment wall.

Bones

I actually think you should get paid for this... so you can take drawing lessons. :D

I actually think you should get paid for this... so you can take drawing lessons. :D

Ouch? Should I take that as an insult? :laugh: Some of my caricatures are pretty good and others are rather sketchy, but I've been only drawing them for myself when I get bored. Drawing them for other people is a different matter.

Ouch? Should I take that as an insult? :laugh: Some of my caricatures are pretty good and others are rather sketchy, but I've been only drawing them for myself when I get bored. Drawing them for other people is a different matter.

Nah, keep doing them. Practise makes perfect.

Nah, keep doing them. Practise makes perfect.

Hahaha. Yeah very true.

The drawings you posted DO look very rough. Is there any more complete ones you have done?

Hate to say it, (And these are purely my opinions) but the pictures posted are like "doodles" lol.

Although Im sure when you do a complete sketch they prolly look good. But you need to show us those ;D

Hahaha. Yeah very true.

The drawings you posted DO look very rough. Is there any more complete ones you have done?

Hate to say it, (And these are purely my opinions) but the pictures posted are like "doodles" lol.

Although Im sure when you do a complete sketch they prolly look good. But you need to show us those ;D

I completely agree they look very rough, that's why I've been saying that the finished product will look very different. And, in essence, they are 2 AM doodles :silly2: I'll try to do the one of my socmate that I owe him and post it up here (if he doesn't have any problems with it). Stand by for an update :laugh:

Back