How many PED does bread cost where you live?

AlphaGeek

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Alpha AG Geek
As a complimentary thread to the minimum wage thread running, I thought it might be a good idea to put all those PEDs in perspective with something that we probably all buy at one time or another.

Here in the center of the state of Virginia in the US, bread ranges from roughly 7 PED for discount brand sliced white sandwich bread, up to.. oh, perhaps 30 or 40 PED for a nice fancy loaf from one of the smaller deluxe bakeries in the area.

How much does your bread cost?

AG

On a good sale, 10 peds a loaf for whole wheat. Strangely, whole wheat bread costs more than the bleached flour variant (which is icky). Typical price is more like 20 peds/loaf. I can't recall off the top of my head the mass of a loaf though.

ha great idea +rep...

relative to exchange rates, i'd say its roughly the same here in the UK. ie. an average cheap loaf is around 15-18 ped with a nicer organic sun dried tomato and olive bread coming in at 50-70 ped. mmmm.....extravagant bread... ;)

edited thx ;) lol

Last edited:
Would have been better to do the hamburger index in peds if you wanted to do something :)

Stagger Organic said:
ha great idea +rep...

relative to exchange rates, i'd say its roughly the same here in the UK. ie. an average cheap loaf is around 150-180 ped with a nicer organic sun dried tomato and olive bread coming in at 500-700 ped. mmmm.....extravagant bread... ;)

That cant be right, no one pays 50.00 to 70.00 USD for a loaf of bread..... :rolleyes:

In Colorado you can pick up a very nice loaf of bread for about 20 peds :D

Here in Oregon it is about 15 to 19 ped and the good stuff is about 21 to 28 ped +rep i was thinking the same thing as i read that thread about ped per hour :D

I'm living in Hamburg. According to the name of the city, we don't have bread that comes without meat...

Just kidding... A pack of sliced bread from the supermarket is about 15 to 18 ped here.

In Norway I guess the cheap crappy bread the big foodchains sell is like 10 PED or so.. Usually like 25-40 PED for the good ones that I tend to buy..

Tigerman said:
In Norway I guess the cheap crappy bread the big foodchains sell is like 10 PED or so.. Usually like 25-40 PED for the good ones that I tend to buy..

For 10 PED, you get a really really crappy bread in Norway.
Most of the bread in Norway is of bad quallity. This is something that we have seen last 10-15 years.
A good bread from a bakery cost from 30-40 NOK, and that means from 45-60 ped.

A good bread is a bread that you don't notice much difference after 1-2 days. I bad bread is something that is not "eatable" after 1 day.

Edit: For bread with cheese, salad and some meat or shrimps, it cost around 20-40 NOK, depend of the place. A slice of sweat bread cost around 10-15 NOK.

/Kjetil :cool:

Well I can beat everyone: my bread costs 4.5 PED !!! :)

Bigger blacker versions cost up to 7-9 PED. And I should specify that almost all the ingredients are natural and of high quality/taste.

Anyway... wth AG, is there an EF epidemy on parallel topics?

Maybe I should start another topic: Wich 1000 mobs you can kill with your sallary?

PS: eat - verb, edible - attribute

Kjetil said:
For 10 PED, you get a really really crappy bread in Norway.
Most of the bread in Norway is of bad quallity. This is something that we have seen last 10-15 years.
A good bread from a bakery cost from 30-40 NOK, and that means from 45-60 ped.

A good bread is a bread that you don't notice much difference after 1-2 days. I bad bread is something that is not "eatable" after 1 day.

Edit: For bread with cheese, salad and some meat or shrimps, it cost around 20-40 NOK, depend of the place. A slice of sweat bread cost around 10-15 NOK.

40 NKR (thats like 65 PED) is well over what I see usually.. 30 NKR (50 PED) however I see, but not often.. 25 NKR (just below 40 PED) is the "normal" price I see for good bread.. And as I said.. the 10 PED bread is the cheap crap from the big food chains.. shouldnt take a brain surgeon to figure that bread is only "fresh" untill youve cut the first slice and after that its worthless for anything but toast :silly2:

Sometimes I can pick up the plain old white bread on sale 3 loaves for 10 ped :laugh:

My favorite is Canadian oat tho and it's usually about 25 - 30 ped a loaf.

10 Ped or so

And on a sidenote, VA r0les! :dance:

Around 8 ped in South Africa, if my sources are correct.

For some strange reason I do not look at prices while doing shopping.
But I know what local pubs are cheaper than the others on beer.

:beerchug:

Tigerman said:
40 NKR (thats like 65 PED) is well over what I see usually.. 30 NKR (50 PED) however I see, but not often.. 25 NKR (just below 40 PED) is the "normal" price I see for good bread.. And as I said.. the 10 PED bread is the cheap crap from the big food chains.. shouldnt take a brain surgeon to figure that bread is only "fresh" untill youve cut the first slice and after that its worthless for anything but toast :silly2:

I agree with you that it is more normal to see bread for 25 NOK and less.
However, for good quality, we have to pay some more.
Here is where I buy my bread.

http://www.bakerbrun.no/
http://www.lienielsen.no/

Kjetil said:
I agree with you that it is more normal to see bread for 25 NOK and less.
However, for good quality, we have to pay some more.
Here is where I buy my bread.

http://www.bakerbrun.no/
http://www.lienielsen.no/

Baker Brun.. How many brown bottles does he use to bake a bread? :p

10 bottles of beer on the shelf, 10 bottles of beer. We take one down, bake a bread, 9 bottles off beer on the shelf..

in romania 3 peds are enough for a good bread :)

In Poland bread cost 5-10 ped and it's best in the world:). I was in many countries and never ate bread like this. :D

Back