How much will it cost to travel to the other (new) planets?

How much do you think it will cost to travel to the new planet, round trip?

• 10 ped

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 20 ped

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • 50 ped

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • 100 ped

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • 200 ped

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • OMG!!! WTF?!?!!

Votes: 28 16.0%
  • Don't care/I wouldn't leave Calypso even if it were free/EFD

Votes: 21 12.0%

• Total voters

Xen

Mutated
Society
AO
Xendar Xen Xal
Interplanetary transportation

Planets are soon to arrive and one of the great big questions is “How do we get there?”. Well, for starters you’re going to have to teleport there, with a fee. The money from this will, just as teleporting to CND and CP now, be divided between Hangar Owners.

How much do you think it will cost, round trip?

50PED each way maybe? :D

I hope they do some promotion like "First weeks travel is free", as that would definitly be used a lot :)

Probably too much...

I think it should be free to travel to other Planets. Don't the planet partners want us to come to their planets to spend money? The travel can be provided by hangar owners, but should at least be subsidized by the planet partners.

If it costs 25 PED to travel to a space station orbiting Calypso, with the same model it will cost hundreds of PED to travel to another planet.

I guess we will have to wait and see...

Cheers :beerchug:

MA wont want a mass exodus so you can bet yer ass it wont be free NOR cheap specially the first month. They KNOW most want to run away from Calypso and at least get to do new and (keyword here) exciting things while having their pockets picked clean.

I must agree with Trina.

If it's not about the $, it's important for them to cut back the travellers amount, at least for some time, because, as we all know, all new major updates come with even bigger bugs...

They would get spammed right away.

Besides they need to do some efficiency-tests, to see how many avatars they can handle... And changing planet every 5 secs just to check it out wouldn't help.

gimmie a tp chip...

I want to see a tp chip that shoots you to new planets! ;)

I went with the 50p option. I can see Them start with just a 10p flight and then moving it up from there. I think there should be a nomal charge even at the start-up as it would be a bum steer to the new owners if someone ran up there looked around for 5 minutes din't like what they saw went back home and then spends the next 2 months on the forums trash talking the new planets.

At least with the nomal fee it might keep a person around long enough for them to see what the new place has to offer before they start their rant.

:)

I won't pay to be a beta tester...

Where is the poll option for 0 ped?

It should be zero ped, any charge would be stupid. You should log in to whatever EU game(planet) you want to play, not pay every time you want to log in.

If there is a charge, well guess im cylapso forever. On principle i likely wont try the others.

Edit: (bleh just read the latest buz march 23rd thread and see there there will be a fee, oh well retarded!)

Last edited:
ignore what i said, i didnt read the latest buzz.

I hope its not much... like 20ped would be alright i guess...

Last edited:

Hopefully not too much... 50 PED. That's what I hope.

My actually guess will be 100 PED.

50PED each way maybe? :D

I hope they do some promotion like "First weeks travel is free", as that would definitly be used a lot :)

I think all of this :)

I'm curious enough to pay to travel to one of those planets, but poor enough to hang there for a loooooong while, till I decide to move to another one.

Calypso probably will be seeing me in a few years (or I hit a jackpot somewhere along the way :))

voted do not care as will not leave even if was free.

And not cause i was after EFD as you do not get it in Gen Dis. even on polls

To travel to new planets new low value items called Quasars will be introduced. To activate an inter-planetary TP a copy of your current avatar will be needed that may be lost in the transfer process.

Lost skills of a failed attempt will be returned in esi value.:silly2:

My guess is 200 ped, rifts are not cheap to open ya know.. :D

Shouldn't it be free though?
These "planets" should be independably played, right? For ex. you see an ad about SEE planet, go download that, make an account, login, ta-dah, you're there.

And, does it somehow violate EULA if i have 2 accounts, another for SEE planet and another for Planet Calypso?
(planets seem to be bind together quite well now if it costs your avatar to "change the game").
Besides, why does MA get the peds for the travel? (well, pilots, but through MA, or FPC?), and not the planet partner where you are going. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it'll be 50PED each way. At the moment the 25PED option for teleporting is within the Calypso system, so I figure the cost will probably be higher to teleport out of it.

50PED to different planets
25PED to objects close to a planet

It should be zero ped, any charge would be stupid. You should log in to whatever EU game(planet) you want to play, not pay every time you want to log in.

Well you will log in on the planet you are on, and you will only have to pay a fee when moving between planets, so not too different from going to CND and CP? :)

Watch the number of accounts stats jump like crazy when they launch and everyone simply creates another account and selects the new planet at a spawn point so they can have a look see without paying for it. Then watch MA declare the new planets a massive succsess due to the thousands of new players the launch generated....:rolleyes:

Personally I think it should be the same as the current fee for CND. It's the pilots that set prices, and MA should not be in the position to set the price imo. When the pilots start doing trips again, they can change the prices if they want (and if we are willing to pay them of course!).

it only costs 25 ped (50 ped round trip)to take a real life train ride into Manhattan for most people in the New York City area - but i guess it takes more power to run a pretend teleporter than an actual transit system - lol

5 ped FTW!!!

Watch the number of accounts stats jump like crazy when they launch and everyone simply creates another account and selects the new planet at a spawn point so they can have a look see without paying for it. Then watch MA declare the new planets a massive succsess due to the thousands of new players the launch generated....:rolleyes:

Well and that is one of the reasons there should be a "free period" of 1-2 weeks first IMO :D

I'm guessing it'll be 50PED each way. At the moment the 25PED option for teleporting is within the Calypso system, so I figure the cost will probably be higher to teleport out of it.

50PED to different planets
25PED to objects close to a planet

17.5 to CP single right now.

More than a trip to CND - they are farther away. 100ped.

To speculate a little, I think the TP option will be temporary (like with CP/CND) until space travel returns. I also think when space travel returns we are likely to have some sort of interplanetary ships to supplement the current 4-passenger ships. These ships would have larger capacity and travel to and from the primary spaceport of each planet. Athena spaceport would serve Calypso.

It does seem like the once and future hanger-based ships will be able to travel between planets, which is something that I had thought would be unlikely. If this is true it should make hanger even more valuable.

:beerchug:

Miles

IMHO it will cost around double that of CND/CP.
So ~50PED each way if a TP is in place. Around 40PED when pilots are back.

To speculate a little, I think the TP option will be temporary (like with CP/CND) until space travel returns.

From what I understand there will be both Teleport and Space travel in the future, with spacetravel being cheaper but slower and more dangerous :scratch2:

dunno, basing this off an interview with NeverDie about him as a planet partner :)

EDIT: If bigger ships are to be added, maybe some type of ticket system would have to be added?

I also think when space travel returns we are likely to have some sort of interplanetary ships to supplement the current 4-passenger ships. These ships would have larger capacity and travel to and from the primary spaceport of each planet. Athena spaceport would serve Calypso.

well if it follows the same logic as the other ships it one ship per hangar, how many space ports will MA make?

those will be very expensive ships :)

Back