How much you pay in auction fees?

How much you pay in auction fees?

• Total voters

whiteknut

Elite
Society
Vikings of Calypso
Snablesnot Male Young
I am interested how much average PCF user pays auction fees yearly.

How to check it? Keep record of lets say 100auctions created(or sold), and take the average. Now open the public chat log, and see how many "Auction succesfully created" lines are in there(one year period). Multiply the average with amount of auctions created.

Example, in 2012 (was semi active some part of the year) i paid total of 27k peds in auction fees alone. And i am sure i wasnt the most active auction user. Cant imagine how much did the CLD traders paid before deed auction fees were reduced.

This is why you should be thankful to resellers and traders, because they pay the mindark salaries.

27k? What have you been selling than? That's 73 ped every day on average... Most of the sales for stackables will be just a few peds max. You tried to sell an uber item by putting it in auc for 1 day and relisting every day or something? :scratch2:

Or just trading/reselling?

Last edited:
I think i pay the same as you snabble :D But thats life of a reseller :wtg:

Total auction Fee 2012 = 5483.44
Total transactions = 3632

only soc trader - not reseller :)

27k? What have you been selling than? That's 73 ped every day on average... Most of the sales for stackables will be just a few peds max. You tried to sell an uber item by putting it in auc for 1 day and relisting every day or something? :scratch2:

Or just trading/reselling?

Selling some blueprints (when 35ped per auction isnt rare fee)

This is why you should be thankful to resellers and traders, because they pay the mindark salaries.

No... the product end user pays MA's salary, as well as the reseller MU bump up fee. Resellers/traders/w.e don't contribute anything to MA's take. Or do resellers deposit to pay auction fees?!

Personally it would be nice to see a different approach by MA:

- No item listings fee on auctions.
- Any limited / stackable / consumable items, once bought from auction, cannot be resold on auction - only personal trade and to the TT.
- Any unlimited item has a re-listing grace period where the item cannot be resold on auction - lets say 50 days.

Yes, there can still be resellers in cities - but that's fine, I prefer to sell my hunting loot quickly to a trader P2P (who of course is going to then resell, either on auc or P2P) because it's actually facilitating a service. To just buy through mass orders @ 101% and relist @ 103% all day long is of no benefit to anybody, apart from the reseller in question. Hurts crafters, hurts hunters, hurts everybody for selfish gain.

Of course alternate accounts could be used to relist ad infinum, but it would be very easy for MA to see which avatars were alts and close them:

Player X buys AAAA Gun (L) @ 105%. Player X trades to Player Y. Player Y lists AAAA Gun (L) @ 110%.

Then MA have easy proof of EULA breakage...

No... the product end user pays MA's salary, as well as the reseller MU bump up fee. Resellers/traders/w.e don't contribute anything to MA's take. Or do resellers deposit to pay auction fees?!

Personally it would be nice to see a different approach by MA:

- No item listings fee on auctions.
- Any limited / stackable / consumable items, once bought from auction, cannot be resold on auction - only personal trade and to the TT.
- Any unlimited item has a re-listing grace period where the item cannot be resold on auction - lets say 50 days.

Yes, there can still be resellers in cities - but that's fine, I prefer to sell my hunting loot quickly to a trader P2P (who of course is going to then resell, either on auc or P2P) because it's actually facilitating a service. To just buy through mass orders @ 101% and relist @ 103% all day long is of no benefit to anybody, apart from the reseller in question. Hurts crafters, hurts hunters, hurts everybody for selfish gain.

Of course alternate accounts could be used to relist ad infinum, but it would be very easy for MA to see which avatars were alts and close them:

Player X buys AAAA Gun (L) @ 105%. Player X trades to Player Y. Player Y lists AAAA Gun (L) @ 110%.

Then MA have easy proof of EULA breakage...

I dont know where to even start.
Mindark makes money from traders (we pay au fee, which cant be withdrawn, hunter can sell via p2p and save au fee and withdraw it). Or maybe you understand if Trader takes peds from hunter and gives part of it to mindark.

No items listing price? Lol then i would fill the auction with all my 2000items that have very low markup and not worth selling with 50pec fee. Or fill the auction with technician bps.

"Any limited / stackable / consumable items, once bought from auction, cannot be resold on auction - only personal trade and to the TT." - lol good luck crafter who buy too much materials or hunters who want to sell enhancers ... (the list is endless)

"- Any unlimited item has a re-listing grace period where the item cannot be resold on auction - lets say 50 days." LOL hunter buys .5b platings for Merry Mayhem and wants to get back peds afterwards... No can do... (probably will sell them even cheaper on market to get his peds back)

I am just saying you cant have economy working with huge restrictions and no traders.

Mindark makes money from traders (we pay au fee, which cant be withdrawn, hunter can sell via p2p and save au fee and withdraw it). Or maybe you understand if Trader takes peds from hunter and gives part of it to mindark.

If you're not depositing, you're not adding wealth to the system. All a reseller does is provide an output of peds to MA which is redundant, unless you think all players would sell via P2P without resellers... which wouldn't happen would it.

MA makes money from au fee, but this isn't "payed" by the trader, it's "payed" by the depositing hunter. Just because those peds go via the reseller doesn't mean the reseller is at all providing them.

Sure.

Mindark makes money from traders

You mean - when crafter bought resources, brought by miners and hunters (who have not 100% return, but less, decay and stuff), then crafter made a run where his return isn't 100% either, and then looted (L) BPs and bring them to you in twins, where you taking them and putting them at AH - MA starting make money in this end part?

Really?

Where you non-stop flooding chat with "BUY STUFF" msgs, making more "parasitic" traffic, or when you always refreshing AH - same, there MA starting money making too?

I am just saying you cant have economy working with huge restrictions and no traders.

Or maybe without economy (supply-demand) - there will be no "chain" where you can be in between?

So, to whom and who should say "thank you"?

If you're not depositing, you're not adding wealth to the system. All a reseller does is provide an output of peds to MA which is redundant, unless you think all players would sell via P2P without resellers... which wouldn't happen would it.

MA makes money from au fee, but this isn't "payed" by the trader, it's "payed" by the depositing hunter. Just because those peds go via the reseller doesn't mean the reseller is at all providing them.

Resellers offering services let other players spend less time selling and buying and more time spending peds on activities, so i stand my ground, mindark is profiting from Resellers actions.

Sure.

You mean - when crafter bought resources, brought by miners and hunters (who have not 100% return, but less, decay and stuff), then crafter made a run where his return isn't 100% either, and then looted (L) BPs and bring them to you in twins, where you taking them and putting them at AH - MA starting make money in this end part?

Really?

Where you non-stop flooding chat with "BUY STUFF" msgs, making more "parasitic" traffic, or when you always refreshing AH - same, there MA starting money making too?

Or maybe without economy (supply-demand) - there will be no "chain" where you can be in between?

So, to whom and who should say "thank you"?

Sorry i double read your post and i still can´t see what are you trying to say.

I am saying resellers/traders give additional peds to mindark, that otherwise might be withdrawn. And if they were to use p2p trades, then mindark would lose big money(you see how many people pay over 10k peds a year in fees).
And you really think that mindark wouldnt find a way to pay salaries when they dont get au fee money? (i am sure they would just cut down the average return even more)
And dont forget many resellers spend the money right here in the game.

I made a thread to see if there are many ppl like me who pay huge amounts of peds in fees every year. But you come here to start bitching about how bad traders are(Look at your first post in this thread)

Sorry i double read your post and i still can´t see what are you trying to say.

It's okay, many people here failing with basic math, so I expect some lack of comprehension also too.

I am saying resellers/traders give additional peds to mindark, that otherwise might be withdrawn.

Brilliant. Where they taking those "additional" peds? Last part about "might be withdrawn" made me cry. I just clearly see now "poor resellers", who stacking shitloads of PEDs just for the sake to save them from withdrawal process.

And if they were to use p2p trades, then mindark would lose big money(you see how many people pay over 10k peds a year in fees).

"lose"? No. It's "missed profit", and ONLY in that case, where FEES GOES TO MA. Can you show me that statement? Some quote from MA?

And you really think that mindark wouldnt find a way to pay salaries when they dont get au fee money?

They paying salaries in EURO, not in PEDs. Relax, please.

(i am sure they would just cut down the average return even more)

Do not touch game mechanics, please. Your turnover in all 3 professions even not close to amount, which can show you "average return", and how it works, sorry.

And dont forget many resellers spend the money right here in the game.

Yes, on AH fees, we already figured it out. Also they stacking PEDs in the dark corner, just to save "poor MA" from withdrawals.

I made a thread to see if there are many ppl like me who pay huge amounts of peds in fees every year.

No, not the amount in you're interested. You're interested who exactly. In other case - you would do poll anonymous.

But you come here to start bitching about how bad traders are(Look at your first post in this thread)

No, not about traders - just about resellers. And not about how they bad are - just about your "brilliant" claim, which I did quoted.

I
"lose"? No. It's "missed profit", and ONLY in that case, where FEES GOES TO MA. Can you show me that statement? Some quote from MA?
They paying salaries in EURO, not in PEDs. Relax, please.
Do not touch game mechanics, please. Your turnover in all 3 professions even not close to amount, which can show you "average return", and how it works, sorry.
Yes, on AH fees, we already figured it out. Also they stacking PEDs in the dark corner, just to save "poor MA" from withdrawals.
These statements do not deserve reply(first one you need just some searching to do) And i find it funny how people turn to entropialife.com statistics when they run out of arguments, i have been playing much longer than this tracker site, but i am not claiming i am some uber player like you :D

No, not the amount in you're interested. You're interested who exactly. In other case - you would do poll anonymous.
No, not about traders - just about resellers. And not about how they bad are - just about your "brilliant" claim, which I did quoted.

What does it give to me if i know who pays a lot? Anonymous polls are more open to manipulations.

All traders are resellers. If they buy and they sell it is called reselling(they are not the first one selling that item)

These statements do not deserve reply

You know, what is it. Слив засчитан. ("drain counted" - translation for rules)

since buying the shop, don't pay much in auction fees. If you are interested in lowering you auction fees, maybe you should look in to buying an estate?

since buying the shop, don't pay much in auction fees. If you are interested in lowering you auction fees, maybe you should look in to buying an estate?

People prefer to buy in auc. I have had some shops and i sold 100 times as much in auction as in a shop in the same time period.

People prefer to buy in auc. I have had some shops and i sold 100 times as much in auction as in a shop in the same time period.

Hopefully, Midnark will fix that some day with a shop directory inside of the auction

Not all people does, depends of what type of product and its target costumer/market
lets say you have a two lvl 20 blp rifles one eco and other not eco but with big dmg/sec, you are more likely to gain market share in the eco than the dmg/sec as those customers trend to value more their time than the possible savings

Here are my issues with the auction system:

-Minimum listing fee is WAY too high for a good deal of stackables. Charging us over half a ped to list an auction item of hundreds of extractors just doesn't work. It costs more to sell it than the profit you make--and that's only if you SELL it. Maybe items under 5 PEDs should have a percentage-based listing fee, not a set figure of 54 PECs.

-Items that don't sell should NOT cost us a listing fee; it should be refunded back to the seller. We're paying for a service, and when the service fails--we still have to pay? That doesn't sit right for me. Perhaps a 50% listing fee refund for items that fail to sell would be good, if not a full refund.

I could probably think of some other annoyances but those are the ones that always come to mind.

i think there should not be any auction fees , or there should be no auction!

Kinda wierd how a whole planet is tied up into one monopoly. So many people want "realistic" stuff in this game. There is nothing realistic about a single store that is connected to every other store.

Its like amazon.com is the only store on the planet. But i guess we do want convience as well.

I think it would be more realistic to get rid of the auction, and have shops / traders only. This would def bring a realistic dynamic to the entropia universe.

Of course I am prepared to the tons of -rep ill get for this opinion lol.

How much I paid? In which timeframe? And how can I find it out for real later? I dont really eat that method from OP as I did diffent stuff in different times resulting in diffent auctions.

I can estimate that I pay at least 5 K peds/ year, well not really paying but its deducted from my markup :broke:

Back