How to get oil from the oil rig

Crunch

Mature
Programmer Doc Gray
I have now been playing PE/EU for over a year. I read these forums regularly but do not normally post. I decided that after reading yet another whinning post about the oil rig and how to NOT to get oil, that I would finally pop my cherry and tell you how to do it.

Trox are your friends and patience.

It is that simple.

There are two main things at the oil rig that will cause you not to get oil.

1. Someone with lots of armor and weapons has taken over the oil rig and closed it.

2. Even if the oil rig is open and everyone is standing around trying for oil, odds are someone is using an auto clicker that is clicking every square inch around the rig 10 times a second.

Under these conditions, NO you will never get oil.

So what do you do.

First let me tell you what you do not need. You do not need a weapon. You do not need armor. You do not need a fap. You do not even need clothes. ;)

What you do need is time and patience.

What you need to do is flood the rig with Trox !!!

Why flood the rig with trox? Simple. If the oil rig is trox ridden and there are 20 people trying to get oil, well, now your chance of getting oil is 1 in 20 before it was zero. The players that would normally take over the rig or use an auto clicker are now right where you are, outside the rig trying to get in. Trox are the great equalizer :)

How do you flood the oil rig with trox? That is simple. Jump up and down as you get close to a trox until he sees you then turn and run straight at the oil rig. This is the most important part. So I will say it again, RUN STRAIGHT AT THE OIL RIG. When the trox kills you (and they will a lot) they continue generally in the same direction they were moving when you died. So if your running straight at the oil rig, when the trox kills you he will continue on in that direction for a while. Whe you revive go back and do it again and again and again.

This works best in teams of two or more. When one dies the next one gets the trox attention and RUNS STRAIGHT AT THE OIL RIG. When in teams stagger your distance to get the toxt to the rig.

Sometimes the trox are close by and easy to get onto the oil rig. Sometimes they are far away and can take hours of work to get them there.

Working as a team it might take an hour or two to flood the rig with trox. Working solo it can take up to 5 hours to make this work.

Patience grasshopper and you will get oil.

When you finally get the rig flooded with trox and your with a team, rush the rig and have one team member stay dead right by the rig. When he sees oil revive and tell (team speak) the team where it is. Rush the rig now with for-knowlege of the oils location.

If your running solo just keep running at the rig time after time after time.

You will get PKed and you will die a lot but you will heal most of the way up on the run back.

I have gotten oil twice as a team and twice solo. Each time 850 - 1600. I have missed getting oil six times by mere feet ( Damn Trox ;) ).

How many times have you got oil???

So the next time you see a naked oil runner. Rip off your clothes, put your weapon and fap away and make a team and go get some trox so you can get some oil.

Remember - Trox are your friends.

Hehehe! Great tactics. I never actually thought of that and it's really quite simple. I like the way of thinking to get around the most frequent problem - PKers at the Rig. I've hated this ever since it started, maybe a couple of years back. The rig used to be a safe(ish), friendly place where noobs could go to chat and get some free cash. Since the "Flattening" of the walls around it, it became more fair; no one could cheat. Now, however, there are PKers always closing the rig to noobs, which was its PRIMARY PURPOSE! I see this as a form of cheating, just as bad as scamming, so I'll back you up on your right to do this. Nice one. +rep from me.

Just remember that if you do this the closers that would have let you stay by the rig and move into the cleared rig after they are done will kill you on sight instead.

MalRenolds said:
Just remember that if you do this the closers that would have let you stay by the rig and move into the cleared rig after they are done will kill you on sight instead.

im not as much at the rig anymore, but im about 100% sure i would do this ti if i saw you doing it ;)

well thats what happened in the LG with ex cons, warants m2s and riga at that last claim that was left, someone dragged in a whole bunch of falx & formidon :O the claim was lost when that happened i think

Hmm ok, so you flood the rig with trox, now you have to stand around with a digit in your butt waiting for the trox to roam out of the area. Also as Mal has stated you have now made alot of enemies and not only will the ubers and closers look for you as a tartget but so will I if you pull this stunt when Im there trying to get some oil. :handgun: :sniper:

P.S. would you please tell us when are you planning to go to the rig? just post it right here or PM me, or no - tell about it straight to Hyperion who is really interested to join the party! (that concerns all of the oil-thirsty people)

:D

J.

Personally...

I don't go to the Oil Rig. When I was first running TPs at the beginning of my character, I decided one day that I wanted to run to the oil rig. All my crappy equipment I left in a storage container and I ran to the rig. I made it there and stood around for about 2 minutes before someone killed me and 1 other person with 1 shot apiece. Now, when I went to the rig I had no intention or expectation of getting oil, so to me it was no big deal. My only complaint was the guy shot first, instead of giving me a chance to run back to safety. I will say the trip back was rather quick though. :dunce:

Crunch said:
1. Someone with lots of armor and weapons has taken over the oil rig and closed it.

2. Even if the oil rig is open and everyone is standing around trying for oil, odds are someone is using an auto clicker that is clicking every square inch around the rig 10 times a second.

Under these conditions, NO you will never get oil.

Please tell me, what your interesting tactics helps you if a gamer like your Case 1 holds the Rig.
Often these avatars can stand all the troxies coming in. If you see someone there with Angel, Shadow or Eon:
Dont use your tactics. ;) It makes no sense. :D

yeah, i made it to the oil rig a few times. Never gotten any oil because i didnt see any. What do you do when you get there? Do you have to click the pump or something because thats what i was doing. I asked another person who was there what to do and he just killed me. No point in going back if you have only a few seconds to figure out what to do.

rupie said:
yeah, i made it to the oil rig a few times. Never gotten any oil because i didnt see any. What do you do when you get there? Do you have to click the pump or something because thats what i was doing. I asked another person who was there what to do and he just killed me. No point in going back if you have only a few seconds to figure out what to do.
A barrel of oil will appear on the ground every 10-30 minutes that is worth 500-1500 units of crude oil. Click on the barrel first and you get the oil.

Maybe that was why i TPed right in 30 troxes a couple of days ago HAHahah

Neox said:
Hmm ok, so you flood the rig with trox, now you have to stand around with a digit in your butt waiting for the trox to roam out of the area. Also as Mal has stated you have now made alot of enemies and not only will the ubers and closers look for you as a tartget but so will I if you pull this stunt when Im there trying to get some oil. :handgun: :sniper:

HEY!!!

In now way in hell or in your dreams am I going to the rig just to shove myself up someone else butt say they can wait! Who the hell are you to "ass"ume I would do such a thing?

Geez the nerve of these people!

Well it depends on who is locking down the Rig I have to admit.

Don’t think I would be too happy with the person using this method.... I would look for that person ! :handgun:

while this has been tried on me an few times but did not work on me.... it can work on some weaker ubers :)

Last time this was tired on me I got two global’s and slaughtered all the atrox in the Rig including 1 atrox stalker and 2 atrox prowler’s .

Of course my shadow with 5'bs was not all that happy :(

On the rare occasions I close down the Rig I allow all the new players to wait at the bunkers safely , there is really no reason in my opinion to be rude ..

I also don’t lock down the rig for too long maybe like 1 or 2 hours .

Hell even fap players between grabs when they do trox :)

Points to Arch angel and his running Artox to rig .......

Last edited:
Great post, Crunch.

I registered just to be able to respond to this one. Obviously some of you are much better behaved than the "ubers" I run into at the rig. Occasionally I am allowed to stay on the bunkers and watch. More often than not, I am PKed right away, despite always having tried to stay out of the way, follow directions, etc.. On my last trip out, the "uber" in control ran outside the bunkers to PK me as I was yelling "Don't waste any ammo on me - I'm only here to watch." Her post-mortem comment was something very cute like "Now you can watch while you're dead."

As for PKing anyone who tries this, you will need to start with at least one of the "ubers" - a real "star" player, who ran in two troxies on everyone during one of my last visits to the rig. :)

I understand the rig is in PvP. I also agree with Nicole that it seems somewhat rude to PK an unarmored noob who's just there to talk, watch, and learn and who has stayed on the bunkers.

If you want the oil you need a team of at least 7 ppl (preferably more, but then your oil profits go down). These ppl are your friends (societymates or rl). You are all using teamspeak.

step 1: one of you makes it to the middle then dies. You make sure you don't tp out. Your ghost stays in the middle, as an observer. You use teamspeak to talk to your teammates about the current situation.

step 2: if he only sees one or 2 ubers, then it;s time to make use of those long range rifles. 5 or as many as you can old alpha's are lured to the centre of the rig. killing you all. And anyone there.

step 3: team returns to the centre preferably by using tp chips. the team lures the troxies away from the rig. one person gets in the middle and logs off.
whole team dies again.

step4: now we have a stealer in place (the one who logged off in the middle), one spy (the dead guy who stays dead in the middle)
and we have troxy lurers. It's now imperative to keep luring troxies until the pk'ers get bored and leave. It's important to lure a lot of trox at once. Use the teamspeak to your advantage. Don't use any ammo or wear armour this time. no use of tp chips either, go low cost. If the situation is "under control" the team lures all troxies away. the spy says if it;s safe. then the stealer logs on and gets the oil, then immediately logs off again.

repeat step 4 until you feel you have accumulated enough oil to do your amount of work justice.
Don't let pkérs shouting the rig is closed scare you. Simply keep coming back for more. Ignore their faul words, and if they use em simply report em. The tenacious tend to win in these situations. orange armies can do a lot, if they decide to work together as teams. Just make a good battle plan to start with, and make changes if it doesnt work.
this tactic works best at 4 am central european time. (since most are european players)

The only time i got some oil from the rig (about 3 years ago, dont go there anymore) was me and about 5 or 6 m8. The guy that was there just closed the rig alone and none of us could kick is ass. He kill the noobs, troxes and everyone u might get near. So after trying to talk with the guy, we finally convince him that we just want some oil, and ask him how much it cost to him blowing us. We made him see that we dont give any loot for the ammo he was wasting.

Conclusion:

I made a good friend and we stick all in there and he continue to kill the troxes and protect us. The deal was: We dont get any oil, he get the oil and divide equal to all of us. In one night of rig, i made about 50peds of oil, new friends, and alot of fun.

Today i dont go to the rig since i have better things to do in PE, but i say this to you:

Make friends with 1 or 2 ubers and make them seen that u dont carry any loot.
Of course there always the possibility they have alot of money to waste and simple dont give a shit of killing u or not ;)

Have fun! ;)

Digit said:
HEY!!!

In now way in hell or in your dreams am I going to the rig just to shove myself up someone else butt say they can wait! Who the hell are you to "ass"ume I would do such a thing?

Geez the nerve of these people!

Well thats your perversion if you like shoving yourself in someones butt, however at no time did I ever insinuate in my post that you quoted that I was recommending anything that your referring to, - rep for jumping on me for no reason as if I had atacked you.

the other problem is that usually the types of people that usually close the rig are also some people that can kill the trox around there. Granted they might have aproblem with 2-3 AOA chewing on them but they most likely could kill the trox one on one at least.

So unless you can hunt and kill these same mobs you likely would be bringing them easy global or hofs as they kill the trox you bring.
It will also take you much longer to biring the trox there than it would take for them to kill them.

This tactic might be useful against a group of people packing bravos, vigi/nemesis armor and maybe as-147 or normal ep-40 or similer class of equipment. if you were similarly armed you can probrably fight for the rig yourself
Though having someone dead by the right who can talk on teamspeak is a useful idea as that way you can get a heads up of who is there and what weapons they use before you even head to the rig, that same person can even suggesst who and when to make a raid.
That dead person ther might even be able to chat with some of the more uber players that sometimes go to the rig.. Quite a few people have had an oppertunity to eitehr own or borrow a jesus chip long enough to be able to get ghost speak so there are tiems you can have anice conversation with them and they cant so easily shut you up since your already dead.

F1r3 said:
well thats what happened in the LG with ex cons, warants m2s and riga at that last claim that was left, someone dragged in a whole bunch of falx & formidon :O the claim was lost when that happened i think

Nope, that's not why it was lost. Had little effect really.

Neox said:
Well thats your perversion if you like shoving yourself in someones butt, however at no time did I ever insinuate in my post that you quoted that I was recommending anything that your referring to, - rep for jumping on me for no reason as if I had atacked you.

And I ought to -rep you for not taking a joke you ninny! My god light the heck up! :D

Personally, my view is that the rig should be moved to an area that is NOT in pvp and no large hungry mobs - this way it gives ALL a chance to get some free peds (MA could change the way you have to pick up the oil) and the Rig could be in an area which hurts you slowly so as not to have people standing there for hours on end.

I think this would be a fairer system all round.

Brilliant stuff

+rep for you my man

:cowboy:

Hoffy said:
Personally, my view is that the rig should be moved to an area that is NOT in pvp and no large hungry mobs - this way it gives ALL a chance to get some free peds (MA could change the way you have to pick up the oil) and the Rig could be in an area which hurts you slowly so as not to have people standing there for hours on end.

I think this would be a fairer system all round.
yes something that i was just thinking about just then
just a thought but maybe there should be platforms that you stand on..(like 4 circles around the rig) and when u click on them u just stand on them(like body sculpting machine thingy) and when the oil comes it sends it to 1 of the platforms so you take turns at getting peds
personally i think that really helps the problem of autclickers scabbing oil off us n00bers its whack

:cowboy:

noob runs troxie into rig
troxie kills noob
uber kills troxie
repeat

<sarcasm>

Gee why don't MA put a NPC behind a desk in a building in PA, and all the players can line up to recieve their ration of the wealth redistribution oil, uh.. I mean welfare oil, uh.. I mean free oil. Then MA can put an extra tax on the depositers and any trade transactions and loot and just give all of that out to the players who are willing to stand in line all day.

</sarcasm>

:rolleyes:

Mac said:
<sarcasm>

Gee why don't MA put a NPC behind a desk in a building in PA, and all the players can line up to recieve their ration of the wealth redistribution oil, uh.. I mean welfare oil, uh.. I mean free oil. Then MA can put an extra tax on the depositers and any trade transactions and loot and just give all of that out to the players who are willing to stand in line all day.

</sarcasm>

rotflmfao :laugh: :laugh:

Mac said:
<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

democracy doesnt work boy

Nevil said:
democracy doesnt work boy

You are right, there is no democracy here in PE. Its a private company where they do whatever the hell they want. So no, it doesnt work here. Nor did I make a suggestion that it would. So I have have no clue what your comment has to do with MA handing out free oil. :dunno:

My point and others that have commented on this many times by so many others in the past in case you missed it, is that the oil rig is where it is for a reason. Its there for MA's benifit, not yours. Its pvp and there are a many big ass mobs for a reason. It means in order for you to get it, you or someone else will probably have to spend some money in the form of decay or ammo burn to get it which will pay MA back for handing it out. In other words its not free. In other words , the free oil that people get, is being paid for by the players that go there and spend money trying to get it.

So get over it. Go sweat if its too hard for you to get. And if you cant sweat or deposit so you can chip and skill and buy expensive gear and go get it if you want it that bad, then it sucks to be you doesn't it, go do something else.

I think its kind of a practical joke that MA plays on players by writing that you can get free oil at the rig in the noobie guide. I think its funny as hell that noobs try to get there and get "oil for free". I get a big kick out of people who try for hours to get there, and then just when they get within reach, I pop a cap in them and send them back to the Shop Container :laugh: And you know what, I have a lot of respect for the ones that actually try and keep trying till they get some, and I have little respect for those that whine about how hard it is.

And Nevil, I guess since you quoted me, your directing this comment at me. So let me say, there's no reason to get personal by referring to me as "boy". I can only assume you mean that in a derogetory way. Let me just say, that I was in uniform, when you were in liquid form. So i'm a long way from being a boy, keep your references to boy, to yourself.

PS, if you have a problem with me, take it to PM and/or PVP, I'll gladly meet you there anytime.

Mac said:
<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

Gee what a constructive comment Mac.

Maybe the best answer would be for MA to take the rig away completely. This would stop people like you closing the rig just because "you can" and would make it fairer for everyone concerned. Your comments are very hypocritcal - you make it sound as if the people who go there are poor beggars who are so bad they dont deposit and they "need" the "free" oil and then guess what, you are there collecting oil? please...

Just as a passing comment - if you think I am whining because I cant get oil then no I dont go to the rig because I dont need the "free" oil, and yes, I deposit. Also I wouldnt want to give people like you the satisfaction of pvp'ing someone back to a terminal - wow how big of you.

Back