how to increase "health"

cuculet

Old
Society
Church of Lootius
Dali Dalida Dee
I tryed searching the forums but no use.

i have a question. Right now i am at 88 points of health. How can i increase my level? Is there anything i can do?

Thank you.

Dalida

Thanks alot for the prompt reply Mac :) GL

So by hunting with melee weapons i will get some points... interesting. what if i run in the middle of the mobs and let them kill me several times. I mean, just run like mad and let them chase me. Would that help ? :p

Plenty of exercise, a good diet and a loving family all of these things seem to help with health.

Just kidding:yay:

I tried hunting, hunting and hunting, then I found out I gain HP faster mining
yes, I said it. MINING

Yes it would Cuculet, but very slowly.

Have a look at the Link that FJRMac posted. It also has a link to a thread here on EF that discusses it all.

Basically there is a collection of skills that contribute to health. Just running into mobs if going to get you the odd gain in a couple of them, but nothing much to progress your health much.

But the extractor does not fight back :eek::eek::eek: (kidding)

So by mining i will be stronger? lol it sounds nuts (althow it may be true :p )

But the extractor does not fight back :eek::eek::eek: (kidding)

So by mining i will be stronger? lol it sounds nuts (althow it may be true :p )

NO. You wont get stronger by mining. Strength is raised by using mellee weapons :silly2:

Your HP will grow from mining both ore and enmatter. check the stats your self, But I will tell you it works.

The minor off-logic part is that in the early days and still now miners are the ones who die rather soon because of all the dust and wet air and whatnot. So that's definitely not something you should do in RL.

But hey, this is virtual, so go ahead :).

<----- Miner
<----- Level 4 (Surveying & Prospecting)
<----- Agility 20 (which I got by sweating)
<----- Health 93 last I looked - but I forgot to look after I hauled home that 78 ped global of oil (unrefined) last time I played. Rocks and oil weigh a bit.
<----- Strength, not so much.

I've also received some nice gains in Engineering through my trade, making it a good way to prepare for Crafting (I hope).

Hunting, hunting and more hunting is a good way to start.

Especially with melee weapon.

Mining and drilling is a good one too.

This site gives good info :
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Skill&id=37

Good luck

Mac ;)

Agreed, The chart on entropedia is excellent, as it says exactly which skills affect health, and to what extent...

Pretty much hunting with ANYTHING will improve your health, as well as mining... It will happen... don't worry,

If you happen to be using melee weapons anyway, great... but using melee weapons specifically for health is unneccessary. None of the mobs you will be hunting for the next few months require more than your current HP level

at the very least, don't stress about health until you have 1:) good armour, 2:) a good fap, 3:) skill to use a weapon in your primary proffession well, 4:) a higher evade/dodge proffession. All of these are far more crucial to hunting success, amd a higher priority for your expendable ped

what if i run in the middle of the mobs and let them kill me several times. I mean, just run like mad and let them chase me. Would that help ? :p

Yes and no. No, it won't get you much Health specifically, mining does that better. Yes, it will get you Agility, Evade and Dodge, which you need a whole lot of before you will get far hunting ;)
For just gaining Agility and Evade, nothing beats sweating :)

GL,
Ali

Hunt alot, and hunt diverse. Most people say to do melee because it gives alot of HP, but if you do a LOT of melee and not alot of ranged, then ranged combat will give alot of HP. I have done a LOT of melee, and right now I get a lot more HP by using Rifles than melee.
Mining also adds to HP, so skill it as well.
Most of the General skills add to HP (Athletics, Courage, Serendipity [unlockable], etc) so if you want to chip in some HP you may want to check that out.

Melee used to be a lot better then ranged in terms of gaining HP. But the myth is still alive that it would be some miracle profession. Mindark screwed up the skillgains long ago to make sure people didn't gain very much more then other people. It's true thought that if you are skilled in one area - skilling in another will be quicker then skilling your already high skills. [Because HP is a function of how many skill points you have in other skills - rather then the skill's "weight" or TT value (seen when you chip out - 10 points at level 20 is a lot less then 10 points at level 100.)] :)

Back