How to lose 2-3k ped in 24hrs ...

I think with 6 mil the company should currently be quite calm about their future. Also, if you look at the spreadsheet meculus provided you will see there is not much difference in revenue.

Slightly moving off topic, I think it's wise to view CLD income with a pinch of salt.

In my opinion it's pretty obvious that revenue is an average over a number of weeks (possibly longer) to wipe out the peaks and troughs, I'd be extremely surprised if it was live weekly data, and that measurement of revenue has likely been improved upon over the year.

The up side is, when you have migration, robot war, MM etc, you can drag some revenue into the quiet weeks. MA are not unique here, many business models trade revenue by averaging value (normally for provision purposes). It explains how calm the chart look after migration died off which keeps investors feeling comfortable.

The down side is if you did take a guess at the peaks and dips, a drop in weekly revenue in reality is a lot bigger. Likewise an increase in revenue has been depressed. Investors get paid of course, it's just averaged out.

A better stat for understand activity is Entropia life global statistics, but if average returns between globals has been heavily reduced (cough adjusted), then those stats at best show an improvement of actual returns.

MA are masters at spitting out data in different formats, what astounds me more is they think we can't see it. Although any hunter or big ped spender is so in tune with the system, you can usually spot the slightest of adjustments with your eyes closed.

Happy hoffing

Rick

Reduce CLD Revenue with 50% and put that in the lootpool! :)

Guys, really - why do you expect to be gratified for mistakes you do over and over again. You will never gain TT during hunts, and huning TT-loot mobs will drain your wallet pretty quickly. Being ingame 1,2,3,5,8 years does not justify anything.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Einstein.

If you use 5 min to check most of the guys complaining you will see that they are basically doing the same thing over again. If you are tossing money going something then ffs CHANGE and stop repeating what you do hoping for some miracle like a ul item or things like that to come save you..

My 2pecs and +rep Paul!

The big question is though. Where are the PED's going :D
Seems alot less are cycled ingame, and more are going out then in.

How to lose 200-300$ in a few hours?

Ohh I know some very fun ways to lose that amount in 24h or less.

I could spend 200$ easily in a spa resort; mudbath, hot water bath, massage, hot stone massage

Or I could book a last minute city trip to about anywhere in the world

Or I could do grocery shopping for a month

Or I could go shopping in Paris for a day

Or I could support a little town in Africa; or a school in that town

I could buy 5 top games of the year; and waste 60h on each game

I could paint my apartment and have fun watching the paint dry

I could buy 20 music albums of my favourite music

I could buy 300 eggrolls at one dolla'

I could hold a small party

I could go to Wave Gothic Treffen (hotel and ticket price), ah wait thats 4 days

I could buy enough milk to fill a bath and take a bath like Cleopatra used to do
Or fill the bath with beer or cheap wine

Ohh, I have so much possibilities if I want to waste 200-300 dolars :rolleyes:

What did you do? ahh, I see, you clicked your mouse; well whatever works for you I guess

Just remember to have fun :wtg:

Well, its based upon what i read on the forum and what i hear ingame. However im not ruling out there are other governing factors, just lifting up the sense the ingame Ped cycling has been lowered due to maybe lower activity. And hence lower return. Some discussed factors:
* Less return from hunt/craft/mining. aaaand mostly 101% tt crap, how fun is that. (sidenote: Maybe bring back the gold stacks in some extent to fix this?)
* Big losses on participating them Mindark events. Too long?, or many know they dont stand a chance to compete against the rich (yes rich!) elites?
* Declining prices on many good gears. noone want to buy? or cant afford? or just to common? or... no thrill in being better cause it just costs more? (compared to newbie with opalo!, everyone is eco guided, yesyes!)
* Big amount of Ped's invested/tied up in CLD's, Lands, Banks, Spaceships, UL stuff (that is better/worse then L?, who knows anymore...), the moon, instead of actual ingame activities (read active!).

It sure is a different entropia now, then for what it was many years ago.
Its just my 1 cent (yeah thats right! cant afford more then 1 for the moment ^^)

Sidenote: i love entropia, thats why i wrote this !

Last edited:
The big question is though. Where are the PED's going :D
Seems alot less are cycled ingame, and more are going out then in.

Getting tied up with in high ped L items.

Well, its based upon what i read on the forum and what i hear ingame. However im not ruling out there are other governing factors, just lifting up the sense the ingame Ped cycling has been lowered due to maybe lower activity. And hence lower return. Some discussed factors:
* Less return from hunt/craft/mining. aaaand mostly 101% tt crap, how fun is that. (sidenote: Maybe bring back the gold stacks in some extent to fix this?)
* Big losses on participating them Mindark events. Too long?, or many know they dont stand a chance to compete against the rich (yes rich!) elites?
* Declining prices on many good gears. noone want to buy? or cant afford? or just to common? or... no thrill in being better cause it just costs more? (compared to newbie with opalo!, everyone is eco guided, yesyes!)
* Big amount of Ped's invested/tied up in CLD's, Lands, Banks, Spaceships, UL stuff (that is better/worse then L?, who knows anymore...), the moon, instead of actual ingame activities (read active!).

It sure is a different entropia now, then for what it was many years ago.
Its just my 1 cent (yeah thats right! cant afford more then 1 for the moment ^^)

Sidenote: i love entropia, thats why i wrote this !

You wrote this because you think it is true, not because you love entropia - two different things.

Lower activity has almost nothing to do with lower return.

Tt crap is tt crap because there is more supply than demand. Yes gold stacks would increase mu because they would lower supply.

MA has been constantly working on eroding the prices of uber gear and introducing alternatives to make it possible to compete.

In order for any economy to work there has to be a liquid part of assets and a static part of assets. ships, LAs, CLD are there for a reason of making the economy more stable, the rest is cycled. Look at your storage, it is filled with all sorts of crap for a reason.

So basically, there is no basis for what you say than that you want it to be true.

Why don't people c the big picture here?

How does a simple lottery system work? Well it takes a % of revenue it get's from the total money they get from the players who bought the tickets and put it in the jackpot for the players to win!

Would you play the lottery if they one day decided to give out 60k bonds that gives u a small % of the revenue it gets from the people buying the lottery tickets, instead of putting it in the pool the players are playing to win?

What will happend? The jackpot will get alot smaller ofc. Same thing happend here. MA took the revenue away from the lootpool we all try to get and gave it to people with a piece of paper aka CLD instead.

You wrote this because you think it is true, not because you love entropia - two different things.

Tt crap is tt crap because there is more supply than demand. Yes gold stacks would increase mu because they would lower supply.

MA has been constantly working on eroding the prices of uber gear and introducing alternatives to make it possible to compete.

In order for any economy to work there has to be a liquid part of assets and a static part of assets. ships, LAs, CLD are there for a reason of making the economy more stable, the rest is cycled. Look at your storage, it is filled with all sorts of crap for a reason.

So basically, there is no basis for what you say than that you want it to be true.

haha i knew there would be opposition, always when somone has an opinion of anything, i love it! :D

* Nope wrote i loved entropia because otherwise this post would have looked like a whine post :)
* Without activity, how can there be money? I dont think Mindark chooses to give out more Peds then people have spent. Would not be good for em ;)
* More supply then demand, yes spot on. But the 100dollar quesiton is, why so low demand ;)
* Sure MA controls the prices - controlling what is dropped and such. But it was the Playas (them that come with the money :D ) that actually chose to pay so much, and maybe there isnt such an interest still today to do so. Cant rule out that fact without asking everyone :wise:
* True with my storage, it has always been messy (how did you know, did you peek inside!). More then ever now :D but this is exactly my point. This "game" has been for many just that. Collect items/stuff that "might" be valuable in the future. But is that fun?. A hoarding game, or a an active pew pew, boooom boom, or *whatever a crafting machine makes as noise* adventure/advancement game, that gives hours and hours of fun.

And finally, i sure dont want it to be true. nonono
Anyway, i think i aired my last cent here, so ill go away :tongue2:

Why don't people c the big picture here?

How does a simple lottery system work? Well it takes a % of revenue it get's from the total money they get from the players who bought the tickets and put it in the jackpot for the players to win!

Would you play the lottery if they one day decided to give out 60k bonds that gives u a small % of the revenue it gets from the people buying the lottery tickets, instead of putting it in the pool the players are playing to win?

What will happend? The jackpot will get alot smaller ofc. Same thing happend here. MA took the revenue away from the lootpool we all try to get and gave it to people with a piece of paper aka CLD instead.

you start out so nicely and then go so wrong. CLD owners get their money from the % your money is devalued when you cycle peds. This amount has not increased (they even lowered the amount you lose with UL nonsib at one point). CLD owners get their share along with MA and the Caly dev team. but the share comes out of the same loot devaluation as it did before i.e. the return for players has not changed.

you start out so nicely and then go so wrong. CLD owners get their money from the % your money is devalued when you cycle peds. This amount has not increased (they even lowered the amount you lose with UL nonsib at one point). CLD owners get their share along with MA and the Caly dev team. but the share comes out of the same loot devaluation as it did before i.e. the return for players has not changed.

My question has always been this. Before CLD.

Did MA and Caly Dev team take a bigger cut? Since they didn't have any "CLD partners" to pay.
If not, where did the "revenue peds" go? I'm sure it went back to the hunters / miners / crafters lootpool.

So even though returns are still "stable", a % of the loot we compete to get has been cut back. As you would c that we have less high globals, and a "steady" 80 - 90 tt return.

losing steady 10 % of 100 peds isnt much.
losing steady 10 % of 10k peds is starting to hurt.

So unless u've invested in CLD's to pay for your regular hunts / mining trips / crafting. You have such a weak standpoint of actually turning a profit. Since a % of the peds cycled is given back to the CLD owners.

So by getting 90 % without CLD u lose. Getting 90 % but having enough CLD's to get 500 peds a week. U profit.
But u have taken a risk that the CLD market is steady and the price will not fall.

Since MA have a large portion of fixed costs (ie. wages) then less activity means less average return possible IG.

It seems MA's ability to erode the prices of uber gear is one of their most effective pursuits - the Selling forum is evidence enough...before you fanboi a response.

My question has always been this. Before CLD.

Did MA and Caly Dev team take a bigger cut? Since they didn't have any "CLD partners" to pay.
If not, where did the "revenue peds" go? I'm sure it went back to the hunters / miners / crafters lootpool.

So even though returns are still "stable", a % of the loot we compete to get has been cut back. As you would c that we have less high globals, and a "steady" 80 - 90 tt return.

losing steady 10 % of 100 peds isnt much.
losing steady 10 % of 10k peds is starting to hurt.

So unless u've invested in CLD's to pay for your regular hunts / mining trips / crafting. You have such a weak standpoint of actually turning a profit. Since a % of the peds cycled is given back to the CLD owners.

So by getting 90 % without CLD u lose. Getting 90 % but having enough CLD's to get 500 peds a week. U profit.
But u have taken a risk that the CLD market is steady and the price will not fall.

I tend to agree with this. Ppl believed CLD's payments would come from the chunk of ped MA was making. But it's MA and they have no #@$% intention of parting with any of their profits. So to create this illusion that you're getting money from what MA makes, the CLD loot pool was created. The nrf pays for the CLD's and MA makes the same as usual.

What's real jacked up is loot on other planets should had never changed but they knew Caly would be a ghost planet. I'm sure the deed printer is going to be on fire soon. I guessed CLD's are really worth 130-230 ped We will see when Ark and RT and who ever else, demands 60k 0 TT deeds.

If 50% of you quit, MU might go up covering the bad loot but it would really screw the economy. Not too sure how this will play out.

VU10 and CLDs are 2 of the biggest mistakes in EU history :)

I wonder if the big mistake was to split activity in 2 : planet and Platform. In principle, the idea of hiring MA's Platform to partners seems not bad : you own an algo (the loot system) combined with a certain number of functions related to a map and database that probably costed some money to develop? But once you did it, it's cheap tool? You dont bother about expensive marketing, and you let partners do the job to bring new clients, and the graphics develoment.
Short view, according to me..What you bring firstly is a competition between partners, second you need very healthy partners with big money to market the clients , but a company with big money can probably develop his own game..
So in fact partners can only be small companies, with limited means to bring new customers.
Furthemore, what do you have with new planets ? new mobs, new items, that add to internal competition. As a player, do i need that ? Not sure.. But no new functions. You still hunt, craft or mine. Nothing more.
Now we will have new instances ? Wow ! What for ? When i see Rex wave totally forgotten, because anyway you continue to have losses there, i dont think that will change anything...

My 2 peds (had luck these 2 past weeks)

There are three styles of hunters:

(a) hardcore non-depositor; knows they must at least break even at all costs; hunts very intelligently; does a fair bit outside hunting to make sure they at least break even

(b) occasional or frequent depositor; doesn't mind small losses but goes out of their way to avoid big losses; hunts fairly intelligently but has the odd terrible hunt; may participate in other activities to recoup some peds

(c) hardcore depositor; hunts only big mobs; loses badly; may participate in other activities but not with any intention of making peds

Some advice I have for people in the (b) and (c) categories is to read Karmic's blog posts. Here is a chap who plays the game on a different level to most of us because he has a better mindset; he is always thinking and adapting, and you can easily see this in his writing. The link is here.

Have fun!

Forrest :)

Some advice I have for people in the (b) and (c) categories is to read Karmic's blog posts. Here is a chap who plays the game on a different level to most of us because he has a better mindset; he is always thinking and adapting, and you can easily see this in his writing. The link is here.

i have to agree...this karmic has everything which makes a successfull entropian...
a sence for opportunities...
predicting market trends...
he looks for opportunities on all planets, all professions on all levels...
patience..
those are the keys for success in entropia...

VU10 and CLDs are 2 of the biggest mistakes in EU history :)

Or even start sooner:
1. Cryengine
2. Planet Partners (whole platform thing) (which resulted in CLD's)

Or even start sooner:
1. Cryengine
2. Planet Partners (whole platform thing) (which resulted in CLD's)

VU10 was the introduction of Cryengine

MA staffer who runs the loot pool needs a vacation once in a while and if your hunting during the time he is away your going to lose your shirt!!!

I tend to agree with this. Ppl believed CLD's payments would come from the chunk of ped MA was making. But it's MA and they have no #@$% intention of parting with any of their profits. So to create this illusion that you're getting money from what MA makes, the CLD loot pool was created. The nrf pays for the CLD's and MA makes the same as usual.

What's real jacked up is loot on other planets should had never changed but they knew Caly would be a ghost planet. I'm sure the deed printer is going to be on fire soon. I guessed CLD's are really worth 130-230 ped We will see when Ark and RT and who ever else, demands 60k 0 TT deeds.

If 50% of you quit, MU might go up covering the bad loot but it would really screw the economy. Not too sure how this will play out.

This harvest as writing about is also what I believe 100% that the payment is not a% of profits without the collection in advance of expected profits, thus never affected them money ma wants but only the profit that we players can get in the game, which is hidden in the word "balance" in this way is the CLD's paid before we know what profit they have thus never affected them money that MA wants but only what we can get.

This harvest as writing about is also what I believe 100% that the payment is not a% of profits without the collection in advance of expected profits, thus never affected them money ma wants but only the profit that we players can get in the game, which is hidden in the word "balance" in this way is the CLD's paid before we know what profit they have thus never affected them money that MA wants but only what we can get.

Sure, and shops in real life pocket the full price not paying their suppliers. Business partners always cheat each other on money and it is the government's fault if a person steps into shit.

Oh, forgot one ... throwing money at something entitles a person to say what they want.

Ok, yesterday was my worst EU day ( happily I had my best EU one)

-2000 PED in 6,5 Hours

Here it goes:

Big Mindreaver 880 ped runs(all inclusive, 700 ped ammo)

Run1 - -300
Run2 - -200
Run3 - -500
Run4 - -200

Proterons @ Troy 1220 ped runs, 1000 PED ammo

Run1 - -300
Run 2- -500

So this is it, and I couldn't find the power to log off, I just couldn't believe the loot can be this bad for so long...

So..when thing start to bad log off..if you can:)

I'm afraid that today will also be a bad day because of the VU and I won't get anything back from these losses

Ok, yesterday was my worst EU day ( happily I had my best EU one)

-2000 PED in 6,5 Hours

Here it goes:

Big Mindreaver 880 ped runs(all inclusive, 700 ped ammo)

Run1 - -300
Run2 - -200
Run3 - -500
Run4 - -200

Proterons @ Troy 1220 ped runs, 1000 PED ammo

Run1 - -300
Run 2- -500

So this is it, and I couldn't find the power to log off, I just couldn't believe the loot can be this bad for so long...

So..when thing start to bad log off..if you can:)

I'm afraid that today will also be a bad day because of the VU and I won't get anything back from these losses

well, you could take it as a direct message to you from the loot system - these mobs are not for your skill/gear setup. try slightly weaker or stronger mobs and see then. good luck! :smoke:

J.

well, you could take it as a direct message to you from the loot system - these mobs are not for your skill/gear setup. try slightly weaker or stronger mobs and see then. good luck! :smoke:

J.

or we could flatten the lootcurve so that every mob gives 90ish % return. Imagine the lack of noloots, novas, blazars, fun, surprise, items when you don't have to kill hundreds or thousands of mobs for the loot to even out. Each 10 ped mob a 9 ped loot. Oh, what joy.

J.

No:) I had like 148 DPS (New school) what mobs do you think are for me?:laugh:

Anyway, I have seen this before, you have days when loot is bad no matter what you do, but I really hope I get some back today/tommorow

No:) I had like 148 DPS (New school) what mobs do you think are for me?

hehe, I would suggest punies followed by chirpies.

Don't go overboard though, they are real killer mobs :D

Sure, and shops in real life pocket the full price not paying their suppliers. Business partners always cheat each other on money and it is the government's fault if a person steps into shit.

Oh, forgot one ... throwing money at something entitles a person to say what they want.

It's only a theory but to me makes pretty good sense. The Planet Partners should be making a set percentage off of what is spent on their planet. In my theory they would be gaining the same from additional nrf. Caly uses it to pay for CLD's and they PPs are getting their % tax of the Universal nrf. Now when they go to print their Deeds, that is them saying they will share a % of their profits. Where does that money come from, once the Deed has payed for itself? Hopefully they went and put the 6 million in the bank gaining interest at around 6% if that is even possible.

And yes, if you play this game(money or not), you have the right to say something about it doesn't seem right.

Back