HoF: How to lose 7.509 PED in 29 days ;) Thanks MA...

In other words you don't really know how much you turned over nor how much you looted. I mean you're not counting the looted ammo.

But say you hunted for 35-40k PED (1200 ped ammo a day makes 79-81% return. That's pretty shitty. Unless your FAP/armor decay is really high then I guess you put a few K ped into your own loot pool. ;)

Then again, given that you hunted on CP, your FAP/armor decay might have been astronomical. :rolleyes:

First bold: What do you mean counting looted ammo? I burn that when shooting, unless the ammo I dont use of other types.

Second bold: Nope fap and armor decay aint that high, I use an 140% UR125 and 8A (L) implants aint that expensive really - 140% as well. Gremlin decay is low as well due to ok evade.

First bold: What do you mean counting looted ammo? I burn that when shooting, unless the ammo I dont use of other types.

Second bold: Nope fap and armor decay aint that high, I use an 140% UR125 and 8A (L) implants aint that expensive really - 140% as well. Gremlin decay is low as well due to ok evade.

So what is armor and fap decay per run then?

Have to bookmark this page the next time someone offers a "moneymaking uber gun" in sales thread.

Sorry to hear about your losess.

Hope you had 750$ of fun :yay:

I.

P.S.

Viva las EU

gratz to the globals, not so nice with that loss :(

Lets see, you do hunt quite a lot of hours and as an earlier poster mentioned 2.3$ US is just a bit above what I believe MA's goal of pay to play is.

But if you take all your loot say over the year....+ what you put in over your entire career in EU.....as many hours as you do play, I would guess that your pay to play average is less than 1$ per hour.

I agree this is a lot of money to lose in a period of a month, but in the end the rolling average for your per hour pay to play is probably well lower than your average pay to play customer.

But when you go big.....which really everyone agrees that CP is a BIG risk.....always has been......you have bigger opportunity to lose big in a shorter period of time pushing your pay to play per hour up.

My little piece of insight......get a M4 L and go old school killin lower mobs....drag the pay to play down per hour and then go bigger every cycle of time.

peace out brother and hope it turns around.

Mike aKa Hellspawn Hellspawn Satans

So what is armor and fap decay per run then?

Oh per 300ped ammo, estimate 10% armor/fap = 30ped total (and thats max)

I truely avoid getting mobbed, and often like to be near a turret if Neo Sharp runs into dome :)

Well so you circulate around 30 k ped. Well with commando unlocked if u count skill gain as a value you cut your losses in half at least

300ped ammo with imp28 on CP is about 3 times as little as you should do, you say you drown in hides? I do 1150ped runs always (+some markup on gun but that hardly matters in this comparison), i have armor, refiner, 2 rifles etc with me but if i refine a bit along the way i got no problems with weight nmw i hunt? Especially on CP since you hardly need to move to find new mobs....

Every time you go to repterm and a tt and "renew" your stock theres a good chance youre missing the global that was needed for breakeven or profit.
And yes if loot is shite for the first 200+ peds of ammo consider taking a break or switch mobs...

Do i think its kinda crap that you cant do small runs without it usually being total shit or big profit? sure as hell do, but thats just the way the game works, especially on bigger mobs.

Globals have always been a matter of keeping your head above water on CP even back in PE if you did not trap.

Maybe its just the way I participate in EU but if I notice a downward trend in my PED card I will scale back or move on to better things especially if I start running into multiple bad hunting, mining, and/or crafting runs. To me EU is about paying attention to the cycle your avatar is in. If you are in what seems to be a good cycle then run as long as you can with it and in a bad cycle just the exact opposite. There are times I just want to play no matter the cycle but then I just count that as entertainment money I had fun just blowing away.

Your post is a good lesson about PED card management and paying attention to avatar cycles IMHO.

300ped ammo with imp28 on CP is about 3 times as little as you should do, you say you drown in hides? I do 1150ped runs always (+some markup on gun but that hardly matters in this comparison), i have armor, refiner, 2 rifles etc with me but if i refine a bit along the way i got no problems with weight nmw i hunt? Especially on CP since you hardly need to move to find new mobs....

Every time you go to repterm and a tt and "renew" your stock theres a good chance youre missing the global that was needed for breakeven or profit.
And yes if loot is shite for the first 200+ peds of ammo consider taking a break or switch mobs...

Do i think its kinda crap that you cant do small runs without it usually being total shit or big profit? sure as hell do, but thats just the way the game works, especially on bigger mobs.

Thanks a lot for this comment.

I'm gonna try that starting tommorow or today :)

Have to bookmark this page the next time someone offers a "moneymaking uber gun" in sales thread.

Sorry to hear about your losess.

Hope you had 750$ of fun :yay:

I.

P.S.

Viva las EU

Oh it can be a "moneymaking uber gun" if used right, but same as you can lose your ass off with an impMkII and profit your ass off with an XT @300% what really matters is the person behind the screen. The "uber guns" just makes it harder to lose as much/possible to profit more...

Oh it can be a "moneymaking uber gun" if used right, but same as you can lose your ass off with an impMkII and profit your ass off with an XT @300% what really matters is the person behind the screen. The "uber guns" just makes it harder to lose as much/possible to profit more...

I agree...

Maybe its been a lesson for me to learn the difference from HL8's slow reload and ammo burn towards my new toy Imp 2870 - burns a shitload more ammo.

Maybe I shouldnt have as much patience with mobs now as I did with the HL8.

I'm just adapting to the gun, and the gun is adapting to me atm.

And maybe I should use my HL8 for backup safety hunting, for that was for sure a profit maker ;)

Well, price varies between 1$ and 10$/hour, and if you play 300hours a month, 700$ loss is still very acceptabel according to MA calculations. :rolleyes:

lol not sure why i sid grats but its definately an uber loss ;)

Oh per 300ped ammo, estimate 10% armor/fap = 30ped total (and thats max)

I truely avoid getting mobbed, and often like to be near a turret if Neo Sharp runs into dome :)

You only have to pay about half my decay, is 8A that much better then 5B or is you evade very high? what lvl do you have?

Even if i2780 is an eco weapon, with your current skills it's not as eco as you want it to be. At least this is my feeling and below is the reason:

I know you use the scope and lasers sights but remember that we don't know for sure how they influence the hit ability. Even if they modify the hit ability of the weapon with the % you can see on the weapon stats, there is still the matter of low min dmg due to low dmg profession. In other words you pay the same amount of ped(weapon decay+ammo+amp decay+scopes+laser sights) for a X% less min dmg then the gun's optimal min dmg. And this happens about 40-50% of the shots you make with the weapon. Besides that you don't benefit from the increased critical's you have on a max weapon. Your loss might just come from that X% less efficiency you have now on i2780

I wouldn't use an unlimited weapon unless I can have at least 2.85 eco on it without counting the influence of lasers and scopes and I'm afraid you don't have that yet.

You should really keep a record of your hunts, like decay+ammo vs tt of loot and add to this the additional markup you get from stuff you loot and sell. This way you can see how much are your losses versus the amount of ped you have cycled. It's easier to know what mob to hunt based on how much markup you need to loot in order to cover the losses.

If you want to stay on i2780, you should go for mobs that drop items with rather high markup so you can cover your losses until your hit and dmg professions will be higher. I don't think CP is the best place for that anymore. Maybe try scipultors. :scratch2:

I would put the i2780 in storage for a while and go back to hl8 UL, if you still have it. Then I would try invest the profits in skills to boost the professions up to the level where I can comfortably hunt with i2780.

But I'm just a noob, what do I know? :rolleyes:

Regards,
Sitram

lol, you can make it 29 days with that low amount of peds? better not start crafting :)

You only have to pay about half my decay, is 8A that much better then 5B or is you evade very high? what lvl do you have?

Yep

8A (L) TT 45.0PED @ 140% = 63.0PED with 12990 Durability vs
5A (L) TT 24.3PED @ 100% = 24.3PED with 03100 Durability

Thats like:
63.0 / 12990 = 0,0048498845265588914549653579676674
24.3 / 03100 = 0,0078387096774193548387096774193548

Meaning with 5b U pay 0,004849 pec more per 1dmg decay

http://entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Avatar&id=533
Evader Combat 45.53

sir, serious, what would happen if you hunt, lets say, atrox, being naked. im sure you wont lose 7.5k ped in one month.

you can play a slotmachine with 1 cent per game but also 1 dollar or 5 or maximal 25 dollar a game.

at first sight, looks like you hunted mobs that didnt suited you.

How much did you gained in skill value ?

I guess we have to adapt or leave.. cant win all the time

Gratz on the globals and skills ... but that sucks :/

Hey gratz dude... no wait... I'm sorry... hey 160 globals... hold on that sucks, really.:silly2:

How about I tell you a story about a man who dropped 1600 bombs in cnd in 24h and lost all his peds without getting anything bigger then X? Would that make you feel better? :laugh:

Let's face it my friends (and those who aren't my friends). PE is not what it was. Balance is gone and all we are after is the big one. Without the big one you loose (unless you trade, but then there is no big one for you;)).

Now a serious question. Why don't you go for L gun, or some UL version of L guns (quite expensive but more eco then any UL crap, wouldn't you agree?)? If I had peds tp throw I would go for that.

Yep

8A (L) TT 45.0PED @ 140% = 63.0PED with 12990 Durability vs
5A (L) TT 24.3PED @ 100% = 24.3PED with 03100 Durability

Thats like:
63.0 / 12990 = 0,0048498845265588914549653579676674
24.3 / 03100 = 0,0078387096774193548387096774193548

Meaning with 5b U pay 0,004849 pec more per 1dmg decay

http://entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Avatar&id=533
Evader Combat 45.53

Thanks i see, but 8A break at 3% or? still no big deal if they do. if you get hit 10 times that take 20 dmg per mob you save 0,5 pec, 300 ped ammo is ~60 mobs so 8A save you 30 pec per hunt? i guess the real saver is your evade, i'm only at 25 :( so it cost me many hundreds of peds per week to be that low and i was so happy a week ago when i unlock avoidance, damn it's useless :p i must go skilling :)

I'll gratz anyone who likes to lose peds ;)

Globals have always been a matter of keeping your head above water on CP even back in PE if you did not trap.

Maybe its just the way I participate in EU but if I notice a downward trend in my PED card I will scale back or move on to better things especially if I start running into multiple bad hunting, mining, and/or crafting runs. To me EU is about paying attention to the cycle your avatar is in. If you are in what seems to be a good cycle then run as long as you can with it and in a bad cycle just the exact opposite. There are times I just want to play no matter the cycle but then I just count that as entertainment money I had fun just blowing away.

Your post is a good lesson about PED card management and paying attention to avatar cycles IMHO.

But what if you cannot keep up with your ava cycle... Myself deposited 2k$ in about 2 months had a load of fun.. I was down to my last 2k ped and hit a 16.8k mining claim.. then Started playing like i had money(which i dont).. Bought a couple things maybe worth 8k then went through the rest in a month playing my ass of having a blast.. 12 hours straight at cp multiple times.. 2k mining runs at cnd.. Living the life.. I really think i found if i had the cash i could profit at the game but u need the money to make it through the low points.. I ended up getting a 3.7k, 1.5 , 1.9k hofs and i still lost it with 3-6 weeks(cant remember those weeks went by quick).. All i am saying i got my 16.8k hof then right before it was gone i got a 1.5k hof.. and if u are still playing above your means you can end that cycle yourself.. :) Do i complain.. hell yeah, but i know i did it myself... :)

Thanks i see, but 8A break at 3% or? still no big deal if they do. if you get hit 10 times that take 20 dmg per mob you save 0,5 pec, 300 ped ammo is ~60 mobs so 8A save you 30 pec per hunt? i guess the real saver is your evade, i'm only at 25 :( so it cost me many hundreds of peds per week to be that low and i was so happy a week ago when i unlock avoidance, damn it's useless :p i must go skilling :)

8A breaks at 0.00 ped.

Trust me, I save more... Also an big advantage for you that you can rely on the dmg they inflict U, as (L) armors and platings doesnt reduce protection as it decays.

Sorry about your loss... This is not a sign that the gun is not good, but a sign that you are doing something wrong. And I think the wrong part is that you have your skills overrated. With my MM I could hardly break even at level 75 in hit and damage, but I was ahead due to loot management and choosing the right mob. CP is the wrong place for you. You count on luck only there. You get no decent markup regularly and your armor is to low to prevent you from wasting time. Gremlin+plates on CP is no longer a good choice for a solo hunter on CP. Each time you use your fap is a ticket for few more hits and some more shots in vain and few more seconds wasted when you could have killed the mob and move on. Then again, you may get lucky there. I honestly think that CP is to much for me.

You say you are "4ever n00b ". Be smart and act like one and you will start making money instead of loosing. If you just say and don't do, it will cost you money.

Back