How to obtain map images?

Witte

Marauder
Society
Delta Force Elite
Vlugge Witte Harrie
I want to add the new map of Rocktropia and update the map of Calypso on Entropedia. It used to be possible to get the map images directly from the EU folder, but the images seem to be encrypted now. Is there still a way to do this? Would make it so much easier to create the maps.

nope no way to unpack the .pak files unless you really know what your doing. No program out there at the moment that can handle them. So well MA sucks.

Perhaps if you contact NeverDie or MindArk and ask them to send it? :dunno:

That would work just once, but the maps get updated regularly. So if extracting the maps directly is not possible it seems the best option is print screen and edit.

nope no way to unpack the .pak files unless you really know what your doing. No program out there at the moment that can handle them. So well MA sucks.

Really? a quick google indicated there are loads of programs that will open it, such as Stuffit Delux, or Coral Winzip.

I have read your posts before so know you are infinitely better with PC's than me, but from a noob perspective, it looks quite easy to get into them. Or am I being conned into purchasing software that wont actually do the job?

Really? a quick google indicated there are loads of programs that will open it, such as Stuffit Delux, or Coral Winzip.

An extension means nothing really.
I can send you an ".pak" file but it's not "packed" but "encrypted".
Good luck reading it with winzip...

Well, I can open the pak files using a compression program (IZArc), and I can see all the files inside. I just can't extract them.

Because they want to avoid people messing with the files? :scratch2:
well we need the maps and ma knows this, so packing them in those is kinda sucky.

I have read your posts before so know you are infinitely better with PC's than me, but from a noob perspective, it looks quite easy to get into them. Or am I being conned into purchasing software that wont actually do the job?
nope they are encrypted aswell so yes you can open the file but you wont be able to extract them fully.

Well, I can open the pak files using a compression program (IZArc), and I can see all the files inside. I just can't extract them.
How did you manage to get the files? pm me if you cant post here.

How did you manage to get the files? pm me if you cant post here.

I didn't manage to get the files, I can only see them. Weird thing is that I did manage to extract other files, but not the map.jpg files. That is basically why I made this thread ;).

I didn't manage to get the files, I can only see them. Weird thing is that I did manage to extract other files, but not the map.jpg files. That is basically why I made this thread ;).

well you did get the map somehow (the other thread) did you just get a screenshot and copy paste?

well you did get the map somehow (the other thread) did you just get a screenshot and copy paste?

Yes I used screen shots for that.

Back