Help: How to play "Fort Event"?

OceanDrive

Hatchling
Ocean Bullet Drive
I joined EU on 2 July, 2022. I have known that EU has an unlimited version of Sleipnir named Sleipnir Mk1 (C). Many old users think that Sleipnir is always limited. But according to wiki it's available and it's source is "Fort Event Prize". But I am not familiar with this Fort Event. By chance if anybody knows clearly about the event and viewing this post, kindly tell how I can play the "Fort Event Prize"?

That would of been a one time event.
The only way to get one these days would be to buy from another player.

And you don't really need that UL Sleipnir unless you plan to hunt in space all the time. L version has no movement decay, I've had mine for years barely lost any TT. It's like you buy one in a lifetime and that's it.

Even if you do plan to hunt in space, you would never want to use a Sleipnir, and the other space guys will laugh at you.

As others have stated, the Sleipnir part is probably off the table for good. However, I have written this explanation of fort event battles in case you'd like to start creating some anyhow.
This game sounds absolutely amazing!!! Why did they get rid of it??? And now I know what the "/force" channel is for from whenever I get into a Mothership/Pathfinder, it always perplexed me why it was called 'force'.

This game sounds absolutely amazing!!! Why did they get rid of it??? And now I know what the "/force" channel is for from whenever I get into a Mothership/Pathfinder, it always perplexed me why it was called 'force'.
During the course of the event, weapons, armor, vehicles, healing tools, repair kits, and most MindForce chips will only decay 10% of the usual amount when used. Additionally, firing a gun only requires 10% of the usual amount of ammunition per shot.

People abused that to tier their weapons for 10% of the cost, and also to hund that spiders south of ashi at 10% cost

They didn't! They just nerfed it to the extent that very few are created anymore. In the beginning, tiering and skilling occurred at normal rates. First they nerfed tiering to 10% of the normal rate, aligning it with the ammo burn discount of the event. This had an impact on interest, but the events still appeared from time to time. Later they nerfed the skilling rate to the same degree. It sounds sensible at face value for the ammo burn, tiering rate, and skilling rate to align, but this results in a disincentive for PVPers to participate, as they now suffer a 90% reduction in real-time tiering and skilling speed with no compensation in the form of either tiering or skilling PEC-efficiency. It's 100% of the time investment for 10% of the progress, which sadly does not seem enough to overcome the intrinsic entertainment value of the events.

As far as the entertainment value is concerned, fort event battles strike a great balance between suitability to every skill level (even total newcomers who can't PVP head-to-head can participate by supplying minor DPS contributions, healing, repairing, distracting opponents, operating turrets, etc.), and integrating with a player's wider Entropia experience. Regular PVP is often out of reach for low skilled players, while the Cryene PVP thing uses such heavy-handed restrictions to make it suitable to all skill levels that it feels completely disconnected; it may as well be a standalone game instead of a part of Entropia, as your skills and items have almost no bearing on outcomes. I think that fort event battles, while they certainly suffer from some logistic issues (auto-balance works poorly when a lot of people sign up but don't show, etc.), get the conceptual tradeoff pretty close to right.

During the course of the event, weapons, armor, vehicles, healing tools, repair kits, and most MindForce chips will only decay 10% of the usual amount when used. Additionally, firing a gun only requires 10% of the usual amount of ammunition per shot.

People abused that to tier their weapons for 10% of the cost, and also to hund that spiders south of ashi at 10% cost

They didn't! They just nerfed it to the extent that very few are created anymore. In the beginning, tiering and skilling occurred at normal rates. First they nerfed tiering to 10% of the normal rate, aligning it with the ammo burn discount of the event. This had an impact on interest, but the events still appeared from time to time. Later they nerfed the skilling rate to the same degree. It sounds sensible at face value for the ammo burn, tiering rate, and skilling rate to align, but this results in a disincentive for PVPers to participate, as they now suffer a 90% reduction in real-time tiering and skilling speed with no compensation in the form of either tiering or skilling PEC-efficiency. It's 100% of the time investment for 10% of the progress, which sadly does not seem enough to overcome the intrinsic entertainment value of the events.
Well im guessing it has been quite a few years since these fort battles first came around and the nerfs/adjustments that were made. But now it doesnt cost ammo to shoot in pvp if you miss, only on hits landed. So shouldn't that make the cost go down to make the enjoyment of higher value?

Well im guessing it has been quite a few years since these fort battles first came around and the nerfs/adjustments that were made. But now it doesnt cost ammo to shoot in pvp if you miss, only on hits landed. So shouldn't that make the cost go down to make the enjoyment of higher value?
I would love if demand for fort event battles returned. One of my fears is that underutilized parts of Entropia will get pushed to the back of the priority list when UE5 launches and possibly never make it to the front (weren't we promised that the New Oxford art gallery would return "eventually" after CryEngine 2?). I just don't know if the missed shot thing is an efficacious magnitude of change. Note that missed shots would have gone into the accumulated ammo burn prior to the change; a naive calculation according to my understanding of the numbers and holding a lot of factors constant suggests only about 12.5% of the cost of a missed shot in a fort event battle would have been paid by the player, in expectation, relative to if they had not fired the shot. This sounds to me like the difference between incentivizing a mid level hunter to hunt punies by offering a 10x skill boost versus offering a slightly more efficient weapon that the larger-mob weapon they normally use.

Back