HOW TO: View the entire Entropians.com Roster

craze3

Old Alpha
Looking for people you know but can't remember all of them, or remember their usernames? Maybe they used some random username (like "grenobles") when they signed up on Entropians.com.

Here's how to view the entire Entropians.com Network:
  1. Launch the EntropiansIM client.
  2. Login using your Entropians.com account.
  3. Use the search box at the bottom of the client to search for *.
    [br]Click to enlarge[/br]
  4. A new dialog box with all the users in the network will pop-up.
    [br]Click to enlarge[/br]
    Right click on a user and choose Add As Contact to request to have them added to your friends list.

That's it, enjoy!

This is intentional functionality, so that members can more easily find one another, and request friendship status.

The whole goal of the EntropiansIM network is to get people in contact ;)

However I configured the search service from the beginning to disable viewing of other member's email addresses.

This is intentional functionality, so that members can more easily find one another, and request friendship status.

The whole goal of the EntropiansIM network is to get people in contact ;)

However I configured the search service from the beginning to disable viewing of other member's email addresses.
You mean you disabled it in your client, right?
Using another client email addresses show up just fine.

You mean you disabled it in your client, right?
Using another client email addresses show up just fine.

No, this is disabled on the server side. Regardless of what client is being used to search, the server should not relay members' email addesses.

I think you are seeing people's Jabber IDs (JID), and confusing those with email addresses, since they look identical to email addresses.

For example, if you search for 'ja' you will see this:

picture.php

The addresses in the first column are Jabber IDs, not email addresses (yet). Note that they all are in the entropians.com domain.

No, this is disabled on the server side. Regardless of what client is being used to search, the server should not relay members' email addesses.

I think you are seeing people's Jabber IDs (JID), and confusing those with email addresses, since they look identical to email addresses.

For example, if you search for 'ja' you will see this:

picture.php

The addresses in the first column are Jabber IDs, not email addresses (yet). Note that they all are in the entropians.com domain.
No, actually few users show up without JID which is kind of strange.
What I'm talking about is this:

I have tried the search service from several different Jabber clients, including Spark, Psi, Pandion, etc. and none of them allow searching on email@addresses, or show any email addresses in the results returned.

The search service has the email field entirely disabled, so shouldn't be returing that field.

The mysterious part is that none of the other clients are showing that field.

Please email me a copy of that screenshot without the email field blurred out, so that I can verify this bug.

711@entropiaforum.com

Well this features made it easier for me to add all the people i know :)

I have tried the search service from several different Jabber clients, including Spark, Psi, Pandion, etc. and none of them allow searching on email@addresses, or show any email addresses in the results returned.

The search service has the email field entirely disabled, so shouldn't be returing that field.

Please email me a copy of that screenshot without the email field blurred out, so that I can verify this bug.

711@entropiaforum.com
I don't see any need for mailing screenshots, do you think I would fake that one?:scratch2:
Besides, I still can see the email addresses.

edit: What server are you running, Jabber XCP, self compiled or what?
edit: Ahhh, Openfire?

Last edited:

Hello?

I suggest everyone who is not comfortable showing their email address to other users removes it from their vCard as search still returns it.

711@entropiaforum.com

Its doing it in Miranda too Neo

Screenshot mailed

Wistrel

Hello?

I suggest everyone who is not comfortable showing their email address to other users removes it from their vCard as search still returns it.

:eek:

Cant say I am, considering I use my real name :eek:

I have removed the email addresses from the database, so that they are not shown via the search service.

I will modify the registration page to remove the email address field.

Reactions: dj.
yup fixed now. Only a few emails remain.

Back