Howlong will EU exist?

Howlong will EU exist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

N00b

Provider
What does the community think about the future of EU?

It reflects the trust ppl have in the game, it might not be very representative with all the whiners and ppl that should play pacman instead :D

plz motivate your vote,

What will EU's position be in the game world in 5, 10... years?

N00b,

It will last as long as peeps keep putting money in, when it comes down to the peeps that are playing for free it will fold :)

Entropia Universe is Chuck Norris aproved, it will last forever.

dgEeYA

Future is strong with Entropia Universe.

Can't see any reason why it would come crashing down anytime soon, with the new planets coming with their playerbase.

as long as RCE's are legal, and there are millions of dollars being deposited, there's profit to be made from the concept, and too much money already tied up in the universe for it to fail...

this isn't to say that loot return, content development, customer service, and the game economy won't be affected if mindark struggles financially, but the game itself will always [for the forseeable future] have an investor willing to take the risk...

EU Future? Absolutely great

I believe the game is becoming better all the time offering new and interesting things for all people yes I agree it will take the hard earned money of the people that do deposit (I do as much as I can afford) but at the same time I think it is possible for others who wish to sweat and put much time into the game to enjoy themselves and possibly make some ped but it is after all a business and MA has to profit so in short in my opinion it is what you make it play and have fun at your own pace for EU will be here for many years I believe :yay:

I think that if a few good competitors join the market and offer similar/better opportunities, MA might last another 2 years... if no serious competition in the RCE/game market come up... well MA could last forever.
There are many ppl who loved the idea of PE, RCE/game, but hate/jaded/dissapointed/etc with MA policies.

In any game ppl will leave, thats unavoidable, but how many left EU that were avoidable?

eventually planet partners will come and go, some planets will be destroyed

but the entropia platform will exist forever

I believe they will last a long loooooooong time.

The upgrade to cryengine2 is a proof that they have all the intention to continuously make the game better. other games don't have upgrades like that and end up dead.

As long as they keep improving the platform, EU will not die. and keeping up with it will be very hard. For another game to come forward and provide what EU has and take that to the next level, so that EU fades away, will be very very expensive.

I sure see an excellent future for this game.

I chose last forever as even if i get bored with the game and take some long breaks id like to be able to pop back here and there and have another bash :)

I look forward to teh future and will be happy to see new features but also more than happy to see the masks, pets and beacons back.

gl all

People always come back to give it another round, so forever as long as it is kept legal and not declared a gambling outfit.

How long will EU exist? As long as there are enough people throwing money into the game to turn over a profit for MA.

If I said what I really thought, I'd be flamed to oblivion :rolleyes:

So I'm just going to say:
If they don't get new players that'll stay a long time + improve the gameplay, animations, etc, Improve the cost to play then I don't think their will be a future.

for a very long time, especially if we actually manage to get 10 time more people as exemple, get an universe stronger, mutli planet, multi special content.
More diversity, more strenght
I dont think much will dare soon to make a game as close as eu.. too complicated and a already big competitor in front of them like Mindark that will adjust accordingly should it happen ;) It was a long journey to build this, and i believe its too much gambling trying to make such game compared to a normal mmorpg with a good concept/advertising but im just saying that without anything to back it up.
afterall, company like blizzard dont need to try make a complicated rce game when they can make some WOW game with million of user wich iam sure give them more money than Mindark get at least for now compared to investment and the only real competitors that could pop up better have a hell of a cash to dare doing competition to EU which i fail to think they would try to venture in this kind of game, time will tell :).
i believe MA is mostly fair with the players, and handling an economy such as we got must be a very difficult task if not a nightmare.

my 2 pec as they say.

Last edited:
anyone have active population numbers from the past years?

err unique avatar globals from the past years, has the number gone up or down and by how much? i know this isn't 100% accurate, but its the best we have on what the population growth or decline is like :)

I think EU will last forever and continue to evolve untill the day we get to actually go colonize another planet for real. Consider the following:

For everyone that leaves I see 10 newbies coming into the game and it only takes one of them to become addicted to EU.... In my opinion all whiners and negative people can leave in a few years time I will take your spot on the top :poke:

No other MMORPG has the same level as graphix as we now have in EU, and it gets better and less buggy with every update. Nothing out there gives me the same level of excitement while playing, simply because the risk makes it more fun and rewarding when you do succeed. New systems like vehicles are awesome and trumps mounts of any other game out there, and they can only improve by adding more vehicles and customizable content for them. The new mindforce update took the old mindforce system improved it 10x times and is still continuing to evolve, I cant wait to see what chips are introduced next.

Yes there was a slump when vu10 was introduced but that is more the players own faults because they were all playing on outdated computers, even though we had more then a year to get ready for the cry engine. Personally I planned my new pc months before the upgrade came out so that I was able to go seamlessly to vu10.

Another thing to consider is that there is still allot of systems that need to be reintroduced and if they do as good a job as with the systems already put in things like taming and beacons will be better than before.

Lastly I hear allot of people talking about what is the real player count on EU and wanting to compare to games like WOW, yes there are millions of people playing WOW but there are also LOTS of servers... if you take one of those servers and compare the player count to that of EU I think EU will trump it. We would never be able to fit that many people into this game or it would be hopelessly overcrowded. The key is not necessarily more people in my opinion its better loot distribution, drop the ridiculous ATH's and improve overall loot instead. Maybe give a huge ATH or HOF every now and then but not daily:(, and give more items:yay:

In closing I think the future us very bright indeed, vu10 took a system that was becoming outdated and probably had a few years left and gave it a new lease on life... dont like it leave

PS> Shoot the guy who came up with fragments:handgun:

It will be around for years, I'm not sure how many, just that I would be willing to bet on at least another 4-5. I've been around since 2002 and there have always been rumors about MA closing shop and PE/EU going away, but it has only ever been rumors. This game has lasted almost a decade at this point and MA is constantly rolling out updates and new content. Not only that, but I don't know of any other MMO out there that has gone through not only one, but two full graphics engine updates. As long as they keep updating it to be somewhat current and people continue to deposit, EU will be here.

The life span of EU all depends on how "Tilted" MA keeps the economy. They will do as many buisnesses do and get what money then can while they can. Once it falls below a prespecified amount they will adjust to compensate and attract new customers or entice old ones back. Until their profits fall below this line expect a down turn in the economy as they take as much as possible from it.

EU being the only of its kind with an established system will be around for a long time. The only thing that will change anything in a major way is if too many players lose faith and the gamblers get a new addiction.. or if a viable competitor comes along to snap them back to reality letting them know they are not gods and crushing that complex they suffer from.

Universe will last forever, but not our peds...

It depends how it exist... I think it has potential to last for ever.

But not our peds....

I think the Real Cash Economy crap has about 2~10 years lifespant. It is inevitable to crashed at some point.

This all due to the ever increasing of complexity and the accumulations of unfixed issues.

When the real money crap dies, due to internal collapse or external interventions , both possible... The majority of its current player's assets will be lost. In another word-> we are screwed, like always.

However it will reinvent itself, most likely in different forms, after Mind Ark dies or FPC dies..

That will keep the universe to continue... just in an other forms, mostly likely as a real free game. It will be a classic like pooong or those bean eating games or mario ...

Just the real cash shit is most likely to die in 2~10 years. depends on how much " improvements" will be added to the real cash thing system.

If Mind Ark keeps playing smart, like split them self every 5 years like those slime creatures... It can last forver, but not our peds heheh But I dont give a darn if they live or die.

Just the peds matter :)

why do people like to make these depressing posts about the future of PE, err EU. It will last as long as people keep putting money into the slots as well as whats happening with the real world economy. Though MA/FPC should get another shawty like Sarah King to do their public relations stuff.

It depends how it exist... I think it has potential to last for ever.

But not our peds....

I think the Real Cash Economy crap has about 2~10 years lifespant. It is inevitable to crashed at some point.

This all due to the ever increasing of complexity and the accumulations of unfixed issues.

When the real money crap dies, due to internal collapse or external interventions , both possible... The majority of its current player's assets will be lost. In another word-> we are screwed, like always.

However it will reinvent itself, most likely in different forms, after Mind Ark dies or FPC dies..

That will keep the universe to continue... just in an other forms, mostly likely as a real free game. It will be a classic like pooong or those bean eating games or mario ...

Just the real cash shit is most likely to die in 2~10 years. depends on how much " improvements" will be added to the real cash thing system.

If Mind Ark keeps playing smart, like split them self every 5 years like those slime creatures... It can last forver, but not our peds heheh But I dont give a darn if they live or die.

Just the peds matter :)

Well said Jing! (..have to spread some rep before..bla bla)

IMHO:

- if it's only up to the recent small but addicted (and too optimistic) player base.. it will last forever

- if it's up to MAs recent attitude toward game development, advertising, greed then no more then 2 years

- Don't forget about real world economy/politics... Tsk .. tsk ... here we go ... I can say no more then 1.5-2 years again maximum.

Have I said before we are DoooOOOOoomed?

(not voted)

why do people like to make these depressing posts about the future of PE, err EU. It will last as long as people keep putting money into the slots as well as whats happening with the real world economy. Though MA/FPC should get another shawty like Sarah King to do their public relations stuff.

Because ppl are panicing the whole time. This was the case in 2006, 2007, 2008 ,2009 and 2010. EU stayed here for 8 year and will contuine to stay.

Making these stupid threads makes newbies (that read this forum first!!!!) think nah i skip making our own downfall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COme on PPL think. Saying this game will fall, will make it fall because ppl tend to read this stupid stuff.

EU is fine as it is. Ofc they need some more invest money. There setting up new planets, systems, develop a lot . And itś just a small team.

It will pickup after the systems are back and FPC/Rocktropia go full promoting !

God i wish we could delete these pointless threads

With the decrease of the player base and the poor loot management i would say 3-5 years :(

i predict 2 years, the world is ending in 2012 , so i guess thats gonna lower the player base .

i dont care, if i dont see my avarage tt return going >=90% i will use that game only as a 3d chat and there are enough others

I started this thread becoz it takes forever to upgrade my gear, i want to know when to stop upgrading...

I've decided to stop :D

I wouldn't pay attention to all the negative people on this forum, most of them have quit already or are in the process of quiting and don't want to go out alone... if you look elsewhere you will see them spreading their negative comments there too;)

Until the aliens come and make us their slaves.

I havent answered the poll but this is how i see it.

In terms of engine MA is one of the most technical ones and best engine, however the usage of it is a bit meh, it's so so decent gfx but that's about it.

When it comes to generating content and new stuff and story etc etc i'd say ma is faaar behind most mmo's, especially in comparision with other mmo's in their size. Thing is eu could have a LOT more players if just MA/FPC changed a few things and would make them generate a lot more money which would also make it possible to hire more ppl to actually propel this game forward. As now i say it's quite stagnant.

One example could be my day in eu.. i log in, i say hi in the chat to my soc and i might talk to them for a min or two, then i grab my gun and go out and kill some stuff, if i get a hof i get a gz in the chat but that's about it.
ie in the long run BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!!!!

In comparision to that other game i would log on say hi and probably talk to my other guildmates and ask what's been going on, what big guilds have been doing last night and if they took down some big mob or such. Then i would grab my gun/sword and go kill some stuff while waiting for that big planned raid we have planned and geared up for for the last week.. at x time we have some 50 ppl online and we all gather up and enter the dungeon and start to kill stuff and we fail miserably as it was our first try. we go at it again and again until we fail the last time of the day, but heck we learnt a lot. We decide to go back two days later and prepare in the meantime.. we come back and woohoo we kill the boss the first time we try it the next time we go there and everyone goes WOOOOHOOOO we did it!!!!
ie FUN FUN FUN.

And yes MA could do this too in eu. But today eu is mainly a singleplayer game with some exceptions for group hunting. But most of the time players just log on, do their thing, repeat it a couple of times, say a few words in the chat and then go sleep to repeat it the day after.. eventually it get's boooooring.

Back