HP rounded down to nearest integer

Simple question - why round down, and not up?

Can't believe MA hasn't noticed their customers are getting nervous each time something is taken away.
We call this a nerf and we have seen it so many times that now it's the 1st thing we'll check after each update - Were we nerfed again?
Why keep tearing open all the old wounds if it's so easy to avoid it?

Suppose you added (max) 0.9 HP instead of taking it away. What would it change in the big picture?

All i can think of is... nothing! :scratch2:

OK, i give up. Obviously somebody here is too dumb to see simple & obvious things, and i'm not sure it's me...

All MA need is big baner over each desk at their office.

" Before you do something ask yourself how players will like it "

Ofc not all changes may be on our favor but keeping that simple thing in mind most can be, at least less frustrating. Not much need to replace anger & frustration with feeling that "actually at MA office someone tohught about us "

And we repeat that over and over again....

Speaking of technical reasons, is there any for replacing former display of hp (actual/max) with a misleading bar, where about 40% (in terms of actual hp) is represented by about 60% (in terms of graphical display)? Other than encouraging players to heal when they wouldn't actually need it?

please tell me you are joking, this is even worse than the HP change itself :/

All MA need is big baner over each desk at their office.

" Before you do something ask yourself how players will like it "

Ofc not all changes may be on our favor but keeping that simple thing in mind most can be, at least less frustrating. Not much need to replace anger & frustration with feeling that "actually at MA office someone tohught about us "

And we repeat that over and over again....

P.S. At primary school i was teached that simplest rounding is value down if lower than x,5 and value up if higher and equal than x,5 ............... 0_o

please tell me you are joking, this is even worse than the HP change itself :/

Well, the servers are down for a patch - hello forum. Just checking to see what other major fubars I should be looking out for.
Not been hit by anything yet, but graphic change to hp bar? Seriously???
Thing is - we could have April fool jokes every day of the year on the forums, and they'd be believed also on April 1st.

Anyway, ditto from me: please tell me it's a joke!!!!

For people who cant seem to read the thread, read these two posts. Nothing with faps involved they still function as usual just ended a hunt and nothing weird with the faps just my health....

and as so many others said these fractions of a hp DO count, and why do you round it down and not up if this was a fix and not intended as a nerf...
so when I got 100.00001 I suddenly had 101 instead of having 100.99999 but can only use 100...

So lets have some clarification from MA if this is really a problem or not.

- I am fully healed, my HP says 100 but is actually 100.9; I get a 100.8 hit; do I die?

- my current Health says 50; I use a fractional FAP of say 0.5; does the FAP do anything, does my HP increase? I use it again; does my HP increase by 1?

I'm sure if MA would answer these questions it might quell some concerns.

Well, the easy solution here is to have Health uptick on the .1 Health benefits, keeping the 0.0 heals from happening on every HP based skill gain and preserving the same benefit players saw before the change. You've never benefited from incremental gains, other than the 1/10th of a HP you accrue through the process.

I always figured the 0.0 health issue mainly affected afk follow fappers and the like. I didn't realize those people filed a lot of support cases.

The health change, if left as it is now, effects every hunter in game in a negative way. Hopefully with Kim's comments here on the forum, MA is working a proper solution and we wont have to wait 6 months to see it actually implemented. I went to Arkadia to skill Treasure Mining this VU and not being able to get excited about seeing the Health move is infact killing my mojo and my desire to play.

I don't understand why MA does good things then shoots themselves in the foot by doing annoying, insulting stuff like this.

The health change, if left as it is now, effects every hunter in game in a negative way. Hopefully with Kim's comments here on the forum, MA is working a proper solution and we wont have to wait 6 months to see it actually implemented. I went to Arkadia to skill Treasure Mining this VU and not being able to get excited about seeing the Health move is infact killing my mojo and my desire to play.

I make these words mine

I can agree on some of the points that with hp in decimals it improve the possibility to track changes in hp and what skills effect the hp, that i can agree on. But i still can't see how 0.9 less hp can have any major effect on the gaming, other than a mental annoyance that you are feeling you have gone backwards. The cases the additional 0.9 would save you from death can't be that many to make any big different in the long run.

I would not be surprised if MA will add one extra hp to all players in a update not far away :laugh:

Definetly not amused to see my keyboard showing i've lost .4 health.

If this is a god damn permanent nerf, then up the healing per 20 seconds to compensate, from the current pitifull 4 points to say 5 or 6 points.

And wtf is this healing 0 points thing, never encountered it before, both healing myself, or other players.

If support answer to such stupid things, and the developers, act on it, with BIG nerfs, then get taming back.

Useless, this had better not be permanent.

Just to clarify, could someone please tell me why so many people are making such a HUGE deal about a thing that has an almost immeasurable impact on gameplay?

I mean sure, I can understand there is some frustration about not being able to see health increase progress (like it was just a few years ago, if I remember correctly?) but having less than a single health point less...? I just don't see how that can have such a huge negative impact as some people claim it has, really.

Just to clarify, could someone please tell me why so many people are making such a HUGE deal about a thing that has an almost immeasurable impact on gameplay?

Well, it's a bit annoying. I heard Kim has told us somewhere that it's an intentional fix for 0.0 HP heals. Personally I'd prefer to see the progress of my HP bar, and keep the average 0.5 extra HP too. It also makes it a bit harder for us to work out the HP impacts of new skills.

It's not a massive deal, but I'd prefer it the way it was. I'm quite capable of not fapping when I'm at full HP, and if I do, I blame myself not MA.

You haven't actually lost your progression since health is as you say a product of stats and skills, meaning that if you were at 120.9 before the VU you're still only .1 from the next health level.

There has been a problem with having decimal health where avatars would get 0.0 heals and such so now health will only be whole numbers. There is ofcourse more to it than this but it's mostly technical stuff.

The main problem right now is that the UI no longer shows any progression and that's something we'll have to fix.

And you were not able to round down to the closest 0.1 only instead of full HP to resolve that issue?

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If all you guys care about is the number saying 152.7 or 152.2, why do you even play this game?

Ok, here are the facts:

I had 160.9 before the VU and it was "rounded down" to 160.0. Kim said that the decimals are still there but I was skeptic about that after jumping out my VTOL and dying from 160.0 hit.

But today after half a hour of melee hunting I got 161.
So it's really nothing but visuals, not actual rounding.

Well, it's a bit annoying.

Yes, but from my point of view this is a very minor issue being treated basically like the end of the world, so I would just like an explaination for that :dunno:

Its a feature.
No way to measure your HP exactly.
Jumping from high to die and get total damage as total HP no longer work- damage is displayed also rounded down to a point.
Will be way harder to measure wich skill give hp and how much specialy on future new skills that may be added like Arkadia treasure skills were added recently.
Many skill seller will have harder life if we thing on possible new skills and a lot haredr will be for chip eaters.

Another new feature for wich i hope is lag only but need to be tested more its big amount in "fail" messages upon healing someone with fap and same with chip.

Ok, here are the facts:

I had 160.9 before the VU and it was "rounded down" to 160.0. Kim said that the decimals are still there but I was skeptic about that after jumping out my VTOL and dying from 160.0 hit.

But today after half a hour of melee hunting I got 161.
So it's really nothing but visuals, not actual rounding.

I think you misunderstood something here.
(please, don't use "facts" before you are really sure what you'Re talking about)

You HAVE 160 HP until you "unlock" the next (161 in your case).

You will die when you receive 160.0 DMG - before you were still alive and had 0.9 HP left.

That's not "visual only", they stole everyone up to .9 HP, and the explanation given is nothing but a lame excuse.

Its a feature.
No way to measure your HP exactly.

We have cracked the health formula LONG ago - the formula is so exact that i.e. Jdgres tool is able to give you at least two decimals.

Isn't that "measure exactly" enough?

It's a feature, yes, but a damn stupid one.

I understand what you mean, but don't mind since they didn't take away my progress.

Yeah, it's not "totally crap", it's just "crap" - i don't really mind the missing decimals much either, but the explanation gives really pisses me off. Truncation to 1/10th perfectly solves ANY possible rounding issues, there was no need to it this way.

Are we all supposed to submit tickets on our health being nerfed or does everyone believe that MA is going to tell us about it and just fix it?

What do you think?

No, seriously, has MA ever fixed anything without being threatened by lawsuit or leaving customers? I'm not aware of any such occasion. With that in mind, you should be able to select an appropriate course of action based on their solid inaction.

Best of luck - to us all.

Calm down this thread is about HP.. most accounts are locked because they were the first ones to log into EU when the first 12.8 VU went live.

~Danimal

So that's what happened.
Why wasn't I locked then? I logged in and got to drool over my double agi/int/str/skills and kill a few Snablesnots with an Opalo before realising.
They must have chipped out or something. *shrug*

Edit: I was ingame within minutes, before servers were taken back down.

Last edited:
So that's what happened.
Why wasn't I locked then? I logged in and got to drool over my double agi/int/str/skills and kill a few Snablesnots with an Opalo before realising.
They must have chipped out or something. *shrug*

Edit: I was ingame within minutes, before servers were taken back down.

Everyone who didn't start chipping out skills will of course be unlocked again as soon as possible.
The problem is that some people saw their skills doubled and decided to buy all the ESI they could find a chip out expensive skills.
My account was locked and I didnt steal from the auction or chip out skills, the accounts that are still locked (if any) are they ones under investigation.

Last edited:
We have cracked the health formula LONG ago - the formula is so exact that i.e. Jdgres tool is able to give you at least two decimals.

I agree with "We have cracked the health formula LONG ago" for all known professions and their skillsets wich are known LONG time now.
But i didnt posted about that.
And btw Jdgre tool is wery handy and powerfull tool for calculations.
But is not ingame measurement tool.
And is even less kind of cristall ball predicting future proffession skillset effects.

I just stated that will be wery hard in enviroment where you dont have progress bar to count pixels or other mode to measure fraction of hp gain between two points where new skills may be involved .
I mentioned relative new Treasure hunting with its skillset but that is just example.
We will have more planets and probably more professions.

For example

Ava have 150.xx HP today.
Exact HP we get as you posted because "We have cracked the health formula LONG ago - the formula is so exact tha i.e. Jdgres tool is able to give you at least two decimals."
Cool
But then MA introduce new profession with let say 5 basic skills and few unlockable.
Untill now we had healing by 0.00 as cool indicator if someone gained skill wich is HP giver.
Now we dont have that.
We had also progress bar to see progress or count pixels and such.
Now we will need that ava get from 150 HP to 151 to be sure that he gained something what give hp.
Its wery expensive that to buy enought quantity of unknown new skill and chip up to 151 jus to see if that skill is a HP giver or not and we will have to deal with more than one - let say 5 of them.
Even if we track ava activity when playing will be a lot harder. That ava can get known and one or more new skills by his activity
Ofc when 1 HP is gained we can use jdgre tool and substract known amount of known skill HP givers.
Reminder will be stiill a value shared between 5 new profession skills.
So wich one of new skills is HP skill giver and how much - its 50, 200, 400, 800, or 1600 points ?
It will be harder, time and peds consuming.
In mean time it will be hard to determine what ESI we need and how much and wich skill to chip out to extract only that calculated reminder of HP.
Its probably important to those who chip out and chip sellers to not to vaste ESI by geting peds and pecs residue after chiping. altought first sales of new skills will have wery hig MU as usualy.

The point is, how we cracked the formula, this was only feasible since we could work out the effect of new HP skills like spacecraft pilot and treasure skills etc. In future this will be much harder with new skills, on to of them depriving us of 0.1-0.9 of our HP all the time. All this, introduced as a 'solution' (read: fucking moronic idea) to fix heals under 0.1hp.

People who are really upset about losing fractions of health need to chill out.

People who are Young on the forum and are not upset about losing fractions of health need to read the posts from people like Dan Petrov (Dan59 if you don't know who Dan is) on this topic. And then read the posts once more. And then, once more. Until you finally get it, and if you don't, then please shut up. By the time your avatar reaches ~250HP, you will realize what Dan wrote is true from first hand experience, and be thankful that he did.

/Slupor

Back