Hunt for Markup and Win Passive Income on OLA 21!

The following globals was observed with no prior "Weak" globals, therefor the forfeit AUDs have been added to the jackpot.

Formicacida Strong
57 PED
Wed, 03 Jan 2018 20:36:31

Formicacida Strong
151 PED
Thu, 04 Jan 2018 05:07:15

Congratulations to
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
The Ministry
Formicacida Strong
257 PED
Thu, 04 Jan 2018 13:32:58
For winning an AUD! :yay:

Just a comment

51 PED global was mine,

I will score low number ?of globals as these mobs are on my limits and its is slow kill rate, as if get swarmed they eat Resnis....

Just a comment

51 PED global was mine,

I will score low number ?of globals as these mobs are on my limits and its is slow kill rate, as if get swarmed they eat Resnis....

To avoid getting swarmed hunt at the border of the LA, so no respawns in your back just in front and lot less ninjas than hunting in center of the LA.
I recomend to use the free heal service offered by captain jack if its a mob at your limits, and urgently recoment a tagger rifle with a good range, so you get less aggro. The standard carbines mostly have not enough range to tag a single mob out of a bulk of mobs, look for something with good range.

Got range enough with 240 or Marcorp-7to tag single, a bit short in good matching armor,.... or Mora DPS/

Got range enough with 240 or Marcorp-7to tag single, a bit short in good matching armor,.... or Mora DPS/

They do partly acid damage. So an armor that has decent acid protection works fine:

These are the sets that you could use for weaks:
Perseus (L)/5b - average damage = 1
Merry Mayhem/5b - average damage = 1.6
Mayhem (L)/5b - average damage = 3
Stolen Imperium/5B - average damage = 19
ARC patrol/5B - average damage = 21.3
Viceroy modified/5B - average damage =23.7
Serum (L)/5b - average damage = 24.6
Cetus(L)/5B - average damage = 28.2
Viceroy improved/5B - average damage =28.2
ARC inaugurates/5B - average damage =30
Viceroy adjusted/5B - average damage =33
Viceroy/5B - average damage = 36
Gremlin/5B - average damage =38

Or go the other way around and use acid plates:

Sand stormer/Pulsar armour plate 4(L)= 7
Angel/Pulsar armour plate 4(L)=8.6
Stolen imperium/Pulsar armour plate 4 (L) = 12.2
Polaris/Pulsar armour plate4(L)=12.5
Lion/Pulsar armour plate 4(L) =13.5
Tiger/Pulsar armour plate 4(L)=17.8
Jaguar/Pulsar armour plate 4(L) = 19.8
Nemesis/Pulsar armour plate 4(L) = 31.8

Or put the pulsar 4 on the first set of armors for -8 extra protection

ARC patrol/inaugurates is probably the easiest armor to get your hands on, since it can be bought for shrapnel on cyrene if you did the arc badge missions. (500/200 badges)
Polaris is also an easy armor to get from auction with low markup.

ARC patrol(L)/pulsar 4 = 14.1 average dmg.
ARC inaugurates(L)/pulsar 4= 22 average dmg

Last edited:
They do partly acid damage. So an armor that has decent acid protection works fine:

These are the sets that you could use for weaks:
Perseus (L)/5b - average damage = 1
Merry Mayhem/5b - average damage = 1.6
Mayhem (L)/5b - average damage = 3
Stolen Imperium/5B - average damage = 19
ARC patrol/5B - average damage = 21.3
Viceroy modified/5B - average damage =23.7
Serum (L)/5b - average damage = 24.6
Cetus(L)/5B - average damage = 28.2
Viceroy improved/5B - average damage =28.2
ARC inaugurates/5B - average damage =30
Viceroy adjusted/5B - average damage =33
Viceroy/5B - average damage = 36
Gremlin/5B - average damage =38

Or go the other way around and use acid plates:

Sand stormer/Pulsar armour plate 4(L)= 7
Angel/Pulsar armour plate 4(L)=8.6
Stolen imperium/Pulsar armour plate 4 (L) = 12.2
Polaris/Pulsar armour plate4(L)=12.5
Lion/Pulsar armour plate 4(L) =13.5
Tiger/Pulsar armour plate 4(L)=17.8
Jaguar/Pulsar armour plate 4(L) = 19.8
Nemesis/Pulsar armour plate 4(L) = 31.8

Or put the pulsar 4 on the first set of armors for -8 extra protection

ARC patrol/inaugurates is probably the easiest armor to get your hands on, since it can be bought for shrapnel on cyrene if you did the arc badge missions. (500/200 badges)
Polaris is also an easy armor to get from auction with low markup.

ARC patrol(L)/pulsar 4 = 14.1 average dmg.
ARC inaugurates(L)/pulsar 4= 22 average dmg

An resto chip + bear + 5b is enough, and my HP pool isn't so high (179)

An resto chip + bear + 5b is enough, and my HP pool isn't so high (179)

Bear/5b takes 37 average damage from a weak, so slightly better than gremlin/5b (38)

They do partly acid damage. ~snip~

Very detailed and helpful info!
Would give some + REP but have to spread some love first to give it :)

Edit:
Now the +REP came in :)

Last edited:
Due to the continued abuse of the system involving higher maturities, the reward of earning an Arkadia Underground Deed on every Strong and Ravager global has been replaced with the reward of winning an Arkadia Underground Deed every 10th global on the land area on an individual tracking basis.
Any individuals who believe they have reached 10 globals on the land area since the start of the event and have not yet won an AUD please contact me. I will do an audit of your globals on the land area and award you an AUD for every 10 globals you have achieved.
All globals after the most recent "Strong" global will count toward this new tracker.

Ravagers will continue to add AUDs to the progressive jackpot.
Watchers will continue to be the trigger for the jackpot. However, a new rule will be added; you must have 10 globals on lower maturities in order for you to be eligible to claim the jackpot.

These rules are effective immediately.

Last edited:
ive had a strong global at the start and 3 weak globals since then. does this mean i am now at 4 globals? and will receive aud after 6 more globals?

I assume that those who has won an AUD the new counter start after that last global that won the AUD.

Since I don't have any strong globals, only weak and ravager since the event started, all those count toward the new jackpot rule

I assume that those who has won an AUD the new counter start after that last global that won the AUD.

Since I don't have any strong globals, only weak and ravager since the event started, all those count toward the new jackpot rule

Yes, this is true.

To be clear, the point at which the global counter reset is this global here;

Storm Spawn Bootcamp
The Ministry
Formicacida Strong
257 PED
Thu, 04 Jan 2018 13:32:58

Any globals following that global will count toward your individual 10 globals tracker. Anybody who had globals prior to that global AND have not received an AUD yet may request a payout (upon reaching 10 globals) as consolation for the rules changing while they were mid-hunt.

Yes, this is true.

Ok so if i am right, i am at 6 to 10 ?

Formicacida Weak 53 PED Tue, 02 Jan 2018 23:08:38
Formicacida Ravager 56 PED Tue, 02 Jan 2018 23:00:37
Formicacida Weak 212 PED Mon, 01 Jan 2018 23:38:21
Formicacida Weak 110 PED Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:34:42
Formicacida Weak 52 PED Mon, 01 Jan 2018 15:31:15

I think it's a nice move ! :wtg:

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Captain Jack again.)

Ok so if i am right, i am at 6 to 10 ?

Formicacida Weak 53 PED Tue, 02 Jan 2018 23:08:38
Formicacida Ravager 56 PED Tue, 02 Jan 2018 23:00:37
Formicacida Weak 212 PED Mon, 01 Jan 2018 23:38:21
Formicacida Weak 110 PED Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:34:42
Formicacida Weak 52 PED Mon, 01 Jan 2018 15:31:15

I think it's a nice move ! :wtg:

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Captain Jack again.)

Hey mate,

Since the Ravager global you got paid out an AUD your counter reset after Spawn's strong global. Any globals you got after Spawn's global will count toward your counter, any globals prior to that are reset.
Overall you will still receive AUDs at the same rate you would have before (it was always set up to be 10 to 1), just you don't have to worry about someone sniping your higher maturity mobs now.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

I think this is a positive change, and i like the fact i don't have to get lucky on a maturity while grinding to qualify for a prize.

I agree, this is a much better change and you may have more people hunting there than was before :)

Due to the continued abuse of the system involving higher maturities, the reward of earning an Arkadia Underground Deed on every Strong and Ravager global has been replaced with the reward of winning an Arkadia Underground Deed every 10th global on the land area on an individual tracking basis.
Any individuals who believe they have reached 10 globals on the land area since the start of the event and have not yet won an AUD please contact me. I will do an audit of your globals on the land area and award you an AUD for every 10 globals you have achieved.
All globals after the most recent "Strong" global will count toward this new tracker.

Ravagers will continue to add AUDs to the progressive jackpot.
Watchers will continue to be the trigger for the jackpot. However, a new rule will be added; you must have 10 globals on lower maturities in order for you to be eligible to claim the jackpot.

These rules are effective immediately.

Good rules!
You may also want to add them to the opening post / edit the opening post though, so new people (I`was refering this event to some friends and socmates) won`t have to check page by page the whole thread to read all the rules.

Good rules!
You may also want to add them to the opening post / edit the opening post though, so new people (I`was refering this event to some friends and socmates) won`t have to check page by page the whole thread to read all the rules.

Thank you for your feedback! I have updated the initial page under the "ways to win" section.

Congratulations Jan Turisas Hagis for hitting the 30th rolling global and winning yet another AUD! :yay:
Jan Turisas has now won 4 AUDs total and is in the #1 spot on the All Time High board.

Formicacida Weak
55 PED
Sat, 06 Jan 2018 17:08:15

We're well into the count for the next 30.

just a general note:

I'd recommend you to not use hateful words like "exploit" or "abuse" when you just couldn't predict what players would do beforehand in order to be successful in this thing. that is a complete misappropriation of these terms diluting their meaning

not to mention

5. Any individual attempting to abuse the system may be banned from the event.

is 100% arbitrary, as in you could randomly come up with any additional limitation just to be able to ban players. think about that and maybe clarify your terms

just a general note:

I'd recommend you to not use hateful words like "exploit" or "abuse" when you just couldn't predict what players would do beforehand in order to be successful in this thing. that is a complete misappropriation of these terms diluting their meaning

not to mention

5. Any individual attempting to abuse the system may be banned from the event.

is 100% arbitrary, as in you could randomly come up with any additional limitation just to be able to ban players. think about that and maybe clarify your terms

Hey mate,

I believe I had made it rather clear in the original post that the goal of this event was grinding. "Kill weaks to spawn higher maturities" was a fairly simple instruction, and therefor the behavior which we saw of certain individuals flying around in VTOLs sniping ONLY the higher maturity mobs was an abuse of the system and an exploit of their fellow hunters.
Rule 5 is meant to be clear enough to provide ample warning to individuals who attempt to do anything other than the normal hunting of mobs on the land area, while being open enough to include various behaviors which may arise in the future which I may not be able to immediately predict. It would not be in my best interest to "randomly come up with any limitation just to be able to ban players", as that would severely limit the participation of the event, and I have no intention of banning players from the event just because I can. I want the event to function as designed and I want to pay out prizes to dedicated hunters. That is why I designed this event this way.
All that said, I do appreciate your concern for my public image and your feedback is always welcome.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

Congratulations to Jan Turisas Hagis for hitting the rolling 30! :yay:

Formicacida Weak
53 PED
Mon, 08 Jan 2018 17:11:06

We're well on our way to the next rolling 30, and I'm getting ready to buy another stack of AUDs :yay:

I've been busy the last few days, lets get caught up.

And congratulations to Dark Darkchild Junior for hitting the next rolling 30 with the following global;
Dark Darkchild Junior
Formicacida Strong
123 PED
Thu, 11 Jan 2018 18:44:39
PENDING (1 AUD)

Also congratulations to the following individuals for hitting their #10s;

Dingus Optimator Khan
Formicacida Weak
61 PED
Thu, 11 Jan 2018 16:06:22
PENDING (1 AUD)

Last edited:
A note of interest to all who like to hunt Formicacida, I set up a high stakes event specifically for this LA. The main event will take place on Saturday, February 10th, with weekly pre-events leading up to it. Tickets to the main event are 99 ped for a guaranteed seat, pre-event tickets are 10 ped each and give the chance to win a ticket to the main event. Full details here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ack-s-Booty-Grab-February-Formicacida-Edition

Back